• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

7934 posts in this topic

Posted

I’m sorry but Aki’s nostrils.... jfc 

How about not criticizing somebody for something they have no control over? So she has a wide nose, whats the problem with that?

Posted

How about not criticizing somebody for something they have no control over? So she has a wide nose, whats the problem with that?

she’s literally flaring her nostrils intensely  

Posted

she’s literally flaring her nostrils intensely  

Okay and? You realize nostrils can become more pronounced when you flex the muscles in your lower face, right? thats like telling someone with dmples to hde them when they smile. 

Posted

Okay and? You realize nostrils can become more pronounced when you flex the muscles in your lower face, right? thats like telling someone with dmples to hde them when they smile. 

it’s a really unflattering and cringy thumbnail for both of them. They both look ridiculous, I don’t see how stating that is me “criticizing somebody for something they have no control over” when Joey is made fun of for looking like a hobo constantly but alright 

Posted

it’s a really unflattering and cringy thumbnail for both of them. They both look ridiculous, I don’t see how stating that is me “criticizing somebody for something they have no control over” when Joey is made fun of for looking like a hobo constantly but alright 

Yeah and Aki always intentionally looks cringy too so it's like unavoidable with her. She rarely takes a serious picture. Both she and Jobo are cringy. 

Posted

Yes true and if you look back through my posts you will see if some of the few people that dont do that. beard hygiene and haircuts are something that joey can control but i still have never made fun of him for it

Posted

ANYWAY to get back on topic, but I am not surprised Joey would use a loli girl with big boobs for his thumbnail. Like this is the dude whose twitter is 24/7 hentai. 

Posted

ANYWAY to get back on topic, but I am not surprised Joey would use a loli girl with big boobs for his thumbnail. Like this is the dude whose twitter is 24/7 hentai. 

None of the asmr was even that weird tbh

Posted

Yeah Joey is running a contest with Tokyo Otaku Mode, and this is his Monthly Otaku Favorites for June.

Posted

I usually just dismiss clickbait titles but for some reason this one really irked me (and sorry for seeming nitpicky in advance) --- it gives off this weird impression that this anime is this crazy one that no one knows about and how Joey is going to blow your mind over it. Even though its one of Sanrio's franchises that's super popular in both the west and in Japan, got a christmas special, a couple translated books and a second season on netflix. 

Just considering that Aggrestuko is both mega popular and been around for years, it just kinda made the title come off as extra clickbait desperation. :alpacabored:

Posted

Yeah Joey is running a contest with Tokyo Otaku Mode, and this is his Monthly Otaku Favorites for June.

Why does he think you shouldn't watch unless your an adult? 

Aggrestuko doesn't have anything rated R and it's entertaining as hell. Sure it deals with adults at work but that's no reason to avoid it if you're under 18. 

Posted

I just hate this general consensus in the anime community that "teehee this anime is for ADULTS ONLY!!!!!!111!!!! you kids wouldnt get it" because pretty much every anime reviewer ive seen covering it has titled it something like that 

Sure you might understand it more as an adult (like dirty jokes in disney movies) but dont act like youre suddenly in some secret club just because your old enough to know what its like to have a shitty job feels like

Posted

5d187dd764cd6_Joeythe_keeper_of_the_gate

Posted

Aggrestuko doesn't have anything rated R and it's entertaining as hell. Sure it deals with adults at work but that's no reason to avoid it if you're under 18. 

aggrestuko doesn’t only appeal to one audience. It appeals to teens and adults because it is very entertaining to them but it could also be relatable in certain situations that can be applied to them at work or school at least in the case of teenagers. The cutesy nature can appeal to kids maybe that want merchandise of restsuko just by looking at it.

Sanrio creates merchandise of characters that kids can play with or wear clothes of or teens and adults can use or wear 

Posted (edited)

I just hate his stupid gasping face with the hand over it in the thumbnail. 

We all know by saying “over 18” and making a shocked expression he is trying to make it sound like there’s graphic sexual content in it when there’s absolutely none. Just clickbaiting.

Theres nothing inappropriate about Aggretsuko, honestly I think almost any age could find it relatable because of topics like controlling your feelings, having crushes, and growing up as a person. 

Edited by caterpillars