• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Akidearest and The Anime Man

7750 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

K-Pop tends to be more popular because it has a really westernized sound, making genres like trap or R&B. In fact, a lot of the producers are actually westerners, or collaborations between western producers and Korean producers. A lot of them basically sound like something you'd hear on the radio in America, but are in Korean. Also, the outfits look pretty western too, like something you'd see in a high-fashion magazine:

Image result for red velvet bad boy

I don't really follow a ton of J-pop, but from what I can tell, a lot of it feels very creepy and pedo-ish to the western world. Stuff like AKB48, which features 14-18 year old girls doing cutesy/sexualized dances in school girl uniforms is going to be a turn-off to most western people. I'm sure there is other J-pop which is "good," but I think when a lot of people think of J-pop they think of this kind of stuff and it makes them afraid to give it a try. (No offense to anyone here who loves J-pop, but you have to admit this side is creepy and pretty prevalent.) 

Image result for akb48

Edited by caterpillars

Posted

K-Pop tends to be more popular because it has a really westernized sound, making genres like trap or R&B. In fact, a lot of the producers are actually westerners, or collaborations between western producers and Korean producers. A lot of them basically sound like something you'd hear on the radio in America, but are in Korean. Also, the outfits look pretty western too, like something you'd see in a high-fashion magazine:

Image result for red velvet bad boy

I don't really follow a ton of J-pop, but from what I can tell, a lot of it feels very creepy and pedo-ish to the western world. Stuff like AKB48, which features 14-18 year old girls doing cutesy/sexualized dances in school girl uniforms is going to be a turn-off to most western people. I'm sure there is other J-pop which is "good," but I think when a lot of people think of J-pop they think of this kind of stuff and it makes them afraid to give it a try. (No offense to anyone here who loves J-pop, but you have to admit this side is creepy and pretty prevalent.) 

Image result for akb48

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this. Both kpop and jpop pander yo creepy older men it’s just that one is more known for it. Let’s not act like there haven’t been kpop who have come out saying they were forced to do thing for older men. The difference between the two is how they market their product. Jpop groups are now less about creepy men and more about younger the people, Nogizaka46 AKB48’s rival group is very popular with younger women something AKB48 isn’t. 

Long story short kpop has done a much better job of promoting overseas because that’s what they want unlike jpop who seems adamant/just fine promoting nationally. But when it comes to creeps both of them have them and their obsession with young girls is unhealthy 

Posted

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this. Both kpop and jpop pander yo creepy older men it’s just that one is more known for it. Let’s not act like there haven’t been kpop who have come out saying they were forced to do thing for older men. The difference between the two is how they market their product. Jpop groups are now less about creepy men and more about younger the people, Nogizaka46 AKB48’s rival group is very popular with younger women something AKB48 isn’t. 

Long story short kpop has done a much better job of promoting overseas because that’s what they want unlike jpop who seems adamant/just fine promoting nationally. But when it comes to creeps both of them have them and their obsession with young girls is unhealthy 

That's true, both industries really do take advantage of its idols. From what I've heard more K-pop idols are very poor and are indebted to their company, unless they're the top K-pop groups like BTS or Twice. And I've heard that unpopular K-pop groups are forced to perform sexual favors to try to get popular. But from a face value, like just watching a K-pop music video or listening to their music, I think it gives off a lot less vibes of pedophilia. The vibe tends to be "Hey look we're cool and stylish young adults doing fun choreographies" rather than "Teehee we're little middle schoolers/high schoolers dancing in tiny school uniforms for older men!"

As an American, there have been a few K-pop videos that make me feel uncomfortable, but for the most part I feel way more comfortable watching it than the J-pop I've seen. 

Posted (edited)

joebo.thumb.PNG.0d1ae451630158057c41e5a5
Ngl I feel really double about this post. I low-key agree with him, but it feels very hypocritical coming from someone who genuinely sexualizes underage anime girls.

The entire debate about these outfits has bothered me too because neither of them looks very sexual to me. I think it boils down to cultural differences as nudity in games and comics is much more common is some countries than others. This isn't limited to Japan, but I'm also looking at European media.

However I find it disturbing to see Joey say this he himself is probably sexualizing the shit out of characters like this.

Edited by Baby Pink

Posted (edited)

Oh well, now that's a hot topic. I agree that that's not a thing unique to Japan. BUT Japanese media DOES sexualise women A LOT. And it's so ingrained in the culture that it bothers me quite some bit. I don't watch anime a lot but when I do, there is always some female character with her tits out when this wasn't necessary in the slightest. Or some guy/girl that gropes said character without their consent and it never really backfires/the character does not learn from it.

But Japan is one of the only countries I personally know that has train cabins just for women because they get groped too often and phones where you can't switch off the camera sound because of indecent photographs. 

I do think Japan has a problem in that sense. And I think this discussion is important (it's important everywhere, but especially in Japan imo)

Edited by Minzgruen

Posted

Okay but Japan IS oversexualizing female characters. 

Might I remind you of an anime that recently came out that portrays middle school girls in THIS way: (Nsfw!!)

Image result for eromanga sensei

And this isn't an exception, oh no. This is so freaking common in video games and anime in Japan over the past several decades. There's a whole market for people who get off to it, like Joey. 

Don't get me wrong, I do like a good anime or JRPG once in a while, but I cannot watch something with sexy little girls in it. 

And what kind of argument is he making? "The artist designing this female character to have skin-tight clothes with her breasts and vagina hanging out wasn't meant to be sexual!! YOU made it that way, pervert! (Now excuse me while I go fap to some sexy 10 year old lolis!)" 

It is perfectly possible to design great female characters who are not treated as objects or oversexualized. I always appreciate Attack on Titan, where the women wear the exact same outfits as the men, and are more or less not sexualized imo, or only in a very subtle way:

Image result for attack on titan uniforms

This is really good character design, even though the women are fully clothed and have realistically proportioned bodies. 

PSA: You can like anime, manga, Japan, JRPG's, etc. but still be critical of how Japan often chooses to portray women. You don't have to defend literally everything out of Japan. Sexy loli characters are gross to me. 

Posted

joebo.thumb.PNG.0d1ae451630158057c41e5a5
Ngl I feel really double about this post. I low-key agree with him, but it feels very hypocritical coming from someone who genuinely sexualizes underage anime girls.

The entire debate about these outfits has bothered me too because neither of them looks very sexual to me. I think it boils down to cultural differences as nudity in games and comics is much more common is some countries than others. This isn't limited to Japan, but I'm also looking at European media.

However I find it disturbing to see Joey say this he himself is probably sexualizing the shit out of characters like this.

This is a statement coming from the most perverted man on the internet. Joey seriously has no grounds on speaking on this topic. The clownery that this man possesses is laughable at this point. 

Posted

Joey: Stop complaining about sexualization 
also Joey: Hentai. hentai. Hentai. Hentai. 

Posted

Also, these neckbeards who say “muh naked lolis aren’t sexualized! Shut up feminazis!” Are usually the first to get triggered the moment a male character is sexualized in the slightest, or they make fun of it and act like it’s dumb .

Like he has plenty of videos where yaoi is the punchline. But why...? Are gay men funny? Is sexy media created for women funny? 

One thing that really annoys me about all these anime youtubers is how they act like Boku no Pico is the devils spawn. Like OH MY GOD NO ITS A LITTLE BOY HAVING SEX. EWWW!1!!! NASTY! 

While I agree that shotacon stuff like Boku no Pico is really gross and inappropriate, why is Boku no Pico a joke used for shock value, while lolicon hentai is just seen as... sexy? 

Sexy little boys = shock value/funny

Sexy little girls = Wow S-tier waifu, I’d fap to that 

Why? I guess some men seriously can’t realize how disgusting it is to sexualized children until it’s their own gender being sexualized. 

completely agree. Not to mention(and I hate having to make Boku no Pico look like a decent thing) but compared to other loli hentai that’s available Boku no Pico is quite tame. Yes the sexualisation of a minor is gross but people are acting like Boku no Pico is the worst thing out there when there is necrophilia hentai involving loli characters, rape, gore, etc it seems to say more about them then anything else

I've mentioned before but I think I’ll mention it again Joey and people like him have a bad case of selective morals, where they pick and chose what is worth getting upset over in terms of moral issues. Boku no Pico is bad AND so is every other hentai that involves young children in sexual acts with adults. No exceptions. Don’t go around throwing moral explanations only when you feel attacked or uncomfortable