• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

9051 posts in this topic

Posted

Been a moment since I popped into here and all I can say is

Unironically calling a irl woman who committed murder a yandere is some of the most cringiest weaboo shit I can think of. This isn't an anime, this is a real life person who killed another real life person.

This goes for whether he's actually calling her yandere himself or if he's talking about people who have been (I still never watch his videos but if it's the latter,  good on him tbh)

My only issue with these videos is its less about "holy shit this is a horrible thing that happened" and more about "but what about muh anime community!!!!!!111!!!!!!1!!!" 

I understand it might be frustrating seeing media talk about things like anime and vid games but if you're first instinct is to make a video and go "but what about meeeEEEEe" its kind of selfish and also missing the point. I still cant believe Aki and a bunch of other anitubers used that teenagers suicide as a way to make a similar point. Both videos are really disgusting to me. And it's not just Joey and Aki obv, a lot of anime youtubers make similar videos and theyre all equally annoying. 

Everybody with more then two brain cells at this point know that video games and tv dont cause the average person to act out, they have to have something mentally wrong with them already. You dont need to make a video bringing "awareness" to it or to fight against a potential anime ban. Anime bans get brought up, they get laughed at and they disappear after a few weeks. Stop acting like every IRL problem related to anime or anime fans is going to "change the anime community forevah" 

Posted

Going off-topic here, but I really would like to see more of these kinds of things from Joey.

He honestly seems more fit for this kind of content.

Posted

I don't watch this guy's content because I don't care about anime (aside from some shoujo mangas I read lol) so I only see him on Tokyo Creative and I can't stand him.
I just can't deal with people who have hobbies as personality traits.

His whole "Do your research before you start shipping yourself with some of these characters, they're probably traps" statement in a video on TC was the first red flag from me that the man was trash lol.
But also that is personal bc I just really hate the concept of calling someone (even if they're fictional) a "trap". 

Posted

I don't watch this guy's content because I don't care about anime (aside from some shoujo mangas I read lol) so I only see him on Tokyo Creative and I can't stand him.
I just can't deal with people who have hobbies as personality traits.

His whole "Do your research before you start shipping yourself with some of these characters, they're probably traps" statement in a video on TC was the first red flag from me that the man was trash lol.
But also that is personal bc I just really hate the concept of calling someone (even if they're fictional) a "trap". 

Wait he said that? 

I mean it's kind of weird to ship yourself with fictional characters at all to me but like why would them having a dick outweigh the fact they might secretly be the main villain or be a mass murderer?  Wouldn't that be something you're more worried about when shipping yourself with someone? 

Posted

Wait he said that? 

I mean it's kind of weird to ship yourself with fictional characters at all to me but like why would them having a dick outweigh the fact they might secretly be the main villain or be a mass murderer?  Wouldn't that be something you're more worried about when shipping yourself with someone? 

Not for a man with a fragile ego who is unsure about his own sexuality, I guess

Posted (edited)

He should change his name to 'TheHentaiMan' since it seems that's all he cares/talks about nowadays. He sounds like an edgy teenager with his cringy and dumb hentai tweets. 

He should atleast try and make something useful out of it and make a hentai recommendation video. There's another youtuber called Heavenly Controller who managed to make a video titled '69 HentaiHaven Recommendations' and the video is actually monetized. It also managed to get into people's recommendations. It should be a fun challenge for Jobo.

Screenshot_20190604-181314_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Plastic

Posted (edited)

I used to enjoy their content before but nowadays it's just...below average. I agree that Joey mostly just talks about Hentai now, and his content has become really stale and repetitive. 

And as for Aki, she definitely turned into those wannabe e-girls with the clickbaity thumbnails and (borderline) erotic cosplays in her videos. Guess her normal videos weren't pulling in enough views so she had to attract the audience somehow. Still a shame.

They both really do love teasing their fans too, their online (mostly Twitter) interactions are cringe as hell, with all those innuendos and obvious all out flirting. Seems like they think it's quirky and cute and whatnot but it's actually really cringe. 

Edited by Rohana

Posted

His content has become so stale that he gotta pander to edgy hentai fans now.

Posted

Going off-topic here, but I really would like to see more of these kinds of things from Joey.

He honestly seems more fit for this kind of content.

Something that isn't related to Hentai.

Wish he did more of this on his actual channel.

Posted

He should change his name to 'TheHentaiMan' since it seems that's all he cares/talks about nowadays. He sounds like an edgy teenager with his cringy and dumb hentai tweets. 

He should atleast try and make something useful out of it and make a hentai recommendation video. There's another youtuber called Heavenly Controller who managed to make a video titled '69 HentaiHaven Recommendations' and the video is actually monetized. It also managed to get into people's recommendations. It should be a fun challenge for Jobo.

Screenshot_20190604-181314_Twitter.jpg

When hentai is truly important to Jobo, says a lot about him... He needs to get a new hobby or, you know, spend some time with his actual real gf, not his fantasy wives.

Posted

What really upsets me is that people like jacksepticeye liked it, not really understanding what a douche jobo is. It only validates his weird obsession with hentai more plus inflates his massive ego to newer heights...

Also possibly OT but hi everyone, read this thread from beginning to now and man was it a journey lol I never really knew or cared about the dude until I started watching old noble vids and discovered this place after realising they (jobo and noble) were no longer friends. I then lurked until now because reading through all of the bs this man has pulled got me riled up enough to make an account. I'm very thankful to have found PULL :)

Posted (edited)

Okay so Aki just retweeted/replied to some really detailed NSFW of Ash and Mewtwo of all things despite her acknowledging in several past videos that a lot of her viewers are newbies/really young kids. 

I don't care if its her Twitter and she can post what she wants, she has a fucking responsibility as a public figure and someone who refers to herself as a Mama to her fanbase to not be fucking creepy. Make a separate account if you want to post that stuff. 

Edited by Blue Ball

Posted

Okay so Aki just retweeted/replied to some really detailed NSFW of Ash and Mewtwo of all things despite her acknowledging in several past videos that a lot of her viewers are newbies/really young kids. 

I don't care if its her Twitter and she can post what she wants, she has a fucking responsibility as a public figure and someone who refers to herself as a Mama to her fanbase to not be fucking creepy. Make a separate account if you want to post that stuff. 

isnt the person she replied to(shadbase) a known pedophile?  

Posted

isnt the person she replied to(shadbase) a known pedophile?  

A very well known pedophile who has been fleeing the law for a long time, from what I know. So much for Aki not being a huge creepy pedo like her boyfriend.

Posted

YIKES

Just Yikes