• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

9051 posts in this topic

Posted

Aki finally released a video about the sequel to the Death Note live action.

too bad I can't watch it because shes using the most inappropriate and annoying background music ever for a video where shes just sitting and talking. i cant even hear her at certain parts. seriously did she do this? did that editor joey loves so much do this? because if thats the case i'm going to say its definitely not joeys fault then because he clearly has no idea what hes doing 

Posted

Aaaand Joey bashed SAO once again. Briliant. Very original idea Joel, but you know that you're not going to build your own career around bashing this franchise and pandering to SAO hatedom like Geoff "Mother's basement" does that (and his own audience already hate him for doing that). Can these people just stop? It's so oversaturated and overblown that poeple who dislike the franchise, defend it. Lol

Ps. I mean, getting millions of views and huge payment and the end of the month is really tempting, but come on how many times can you do it (not to mention that these people often striaght lie, strawman and don't the any research whatsoever. 

Posted

Aki finally released a video about the sequel to the Death Note live action.

too bad I can't watch it because shes using the most inappropriate and annoying background music ever for a video where shes just sitting and talking. i cant even hear her at certain parts. seriously did she do this? did that editor joey loves so much do this? because if thats the case i'm going to say its definitely not joeys fault then because he clearly has no idea what hes doing 

Omg I was just about to say that !! What is that annoying background noise omfg

Posted (edited)

Aaaand Joey bashed SAO once again. Briliant. Very original idea Joel, but you know that you're not going to build your own career around bashing this franchise and pandering to SAO hatedom like Geoff "Mother's basement" does that (and his own audience already hate him for doing that). Can these people just stop? It's so oversaturated and overblown that poeple who dislike the franchise, defend it. Lol

Ps. I mean, getting millions of views and huge payment and the end of the month is really tempting, but come on how many times can you do it (not to mention that these people often striaght lie, strawman and don't the any research whatsoever. 

I mean I can get Mother's Basement using SAO as an example of bad because to quote him "it's an example everyone knows"  i.e. he doesn't have to give up time explaining what SAO is to people like he would with a lesser known anime.  So he's not just doing it to bash.  And he covers it from different angles each time he does do a whole video on it.  

I'm guessing it's like how everyone knows "The Room" is considered a bad movie or how everyone was confused by "The book of Henry"  but could tell it was bad.  There are more example of weird movies like "The Book of Henry" out there,but if you use one of those to compare another movie not as many people are going to get it compared to how many people would get the more well known one. 

Joey meanwhile while when he bashes doesn't bring anything really new. Or really take advantage of it's well known status to help paint a picture for his feelings on another anime outside of the one Chinese animation series. 

Speaking of Mother's Basement though,there was a time he was getting his content stolen by a brazilan youtuber who was stealing a lot of videos from anime youtubers.  Said Youtuber stole Aki's stuff but not Joey's.  Kind of says a lot about what she thought would get her views vs what wouldn't. 

Edit: found the video on it. In the description it says what video of Aki's got stolen. 

https://youtu.be/4QN-ahNDLfI

Edited by CareyAisha
Found the video

Posted (edited)

Sorry CareyAisha, but something got screwed up and couldn't normally quote you.

I don't think comparing "The Room" to "Sword Art Online" and passing it as a legitimate comparison and "It's so bad that it's good" thing since the SAO franchise is really good and has a lot to offer (EVEN if we only count anime adaptations they are still pretty decent and they still hold up on their own, altough are still inferior to the light novels), contrary to the room or the book of henry. If you have read or even watched the series, you can easily dismiss most of their arguments since they get petty over their own nitpicks and petty reason to hate it (like Joey said in his GGO Alternative video that "even after 2 anime adaptations and a movie we still don't know much about Kirito's motivations or goals"(which is bullshit, first 3 books tackled that, 5th vol, 9th, and first 12 minutes of Ordinal Scale.lol) or when Lachlan/Pedantic Romantic was angry, but later was laughing his ass off, because one of the characters died of "super aids". It also fueled his rage because he tries to become an animu gurl(wonder why both him and G0eff don't have a thread on PULL). I can count even more...

Generally what I don't like about SAO is that there are new worlds and characters that are not developed well enough due to the nature of shifts in the main canon series. This problem was eliminated in Alicization arc, SAO Progressive semi-reboot, GGO Alternative and Clover's Regret. But they will never talk about this, cuz their little bubble would pop up in an instant and they would not get these Crunchyroll monies.

Btw. You know that Mothers Basement is a thief, right? He did it already twice. His hit video on Devilman Crybaby was copy-pasted thread from twitter user Arteater; second time it was recently with plotprogressor, Geoff stole the idea and a thumbnail(which was there for months already) for the video.

And Joey...yeah he's a dipshit. What can I say more? That he lied when he said that he liked SAO and then when series hit ALO he suddenly started to hate it even though on his old blog(which is still up) there is SAO S1 review in which there wasn't any critisism of ALO or smth like that. Nothing, just praise.

Edited by Ponczos_22

Posted

I know it seems like i'm criticizing every video she puts out (and i guess i am this point) but seriously is she completely out of ideas? this is the fourth or fifth one of these guess the anime character voice ,eyes ,face videos shes done in the last few months. it's getting boring.

and what a surprise its sponsored again.I really hate this format aki has been doing lately where she'll be talking and all the sudden it becomes an ad. I bet she thinks its clever or makes it looks less artificial and distracting then just slapping an ad at the begining or end of the vid but it makes it twice as obnoxious because it makes the entire video feel like a commerical instead of getting it out of the way before the video

Posted

on the thumbnail the eyeliner on one eye is longer than the other LMAO

Posted

Agnes has been sharing stories of her running or working out all the time in Instagram. Usually these kinds of girls just post but don't actually work out or don't keep it up. Do you all think she'll actually continue until she becomes skinny or will she last a couple days or weeks and quit?

Nah, I think she will continue, and good on her for starting. I think it's wrong to be bitter to people that try to improve themselves and have a healthier lifestyle.

Joey has been concerned with his weight gain since he came back to Japan too. Think he mentioned it somewhere in a Tokyo Creative live chat with Tokidoki Traveller and Chris Broad.

I know Chris is doing the cycle across Japan next month, maybe his actions are motivating Joey and Aki to improve themselves too. :alpacacrush: 

Posted (edited)

I mean I can get Mother's Basement using SAO as an example of bad because to quote him "it's an example everyone knows"  i.e. he doesn't have to give up time explaining what SAO is to people like he would with a lesser known anime.  So he's not just doing it to bash.  And he covers it from different angles each time he does do a whole video on it.  

I'm guessing it's like how everyone knows "The Room" is considered a bad movie or how everyone was confused by "The book of Henry"  but could tell it was bad.  There are more example of weird movies like "The Book of Henry" out there,but if you use one of those to compare another movie not as many people are going to get it compared to how many people would get the more well known one. 

Joey meanwhile while when he bashes doesn't bring anything really new. Or really take advantage of it's well known status to help paint a picture for his feelings on another anime outside of the one Chinese animation series. 

Speaking of Mother's Basement though,there was a time he was getting his content stolen by a brazilan youtuber who was stealing a lot of videos from anime youtubers.  Said Youtuber stole Aki's stuff but not Joey's.  Kind of says a lot about what she thought would get her views vs what wouldn't. 

Edit: found the video on it. In the description it says what video of Aki's got stolen. 

https://youtu.be/4QN-ahNDLfI

That is the pathetic thing about joey, the fact is he just too lazy even on low hanging fruit like SAO or YOI video (seriously it took him almost two years to did that video). He always too late on topic and copy-paste everything that everybody already said.

If his income isn't come from he doing youtube channel, he probably abandon it long time ago. Now look like he lost interest in anime and only care about loli hentai because he can fap it.

Edited by Full_Moon

Posted

Sorry CareyAisha, but something got screwed up and couldn't normally quote you.

I don't think comparing "The Room" to "Sword Art Online" and passing it as a legitimate comparison and "It's so bad that it's good" thing since the SAO franchise is really good and has a lot to offer (EVEN if we only count anime adaptations they are still pretty decent and they still hold up on their own, altough are still inferior to the light novels), contrary to the room or the book of henry. If you have read or even watched the series, you can easily dismiss most of their arguments since they get petty over their own nitpicks and petty reason to hate it (like Joey said in his GGO Alternative video that "even after 2 anime adaptations and a movie we still don't know much about Kirito's motivations or goals"(which is bullshit, first 3 books tackled that, 5th vol, 9th, and first 12 minutes of Ordinal Scale.lol) or when Lachlan/Pedantic Romantic was angry, but later was laughing his ass off, because one of the characters died of "super aids". It also fueled his rage because he tries to become an animu gurl(wonder why both him and G0eff don't have a thread on PULL). I can count even more...

Generally what I don't like about SAO is that there are new worlds and characters that are not developed well enough due to the nature of shifts in the main canon series. This problem was eliminated in Alicization arc, SAO Progressive semi-reboot, GGO Alternative and Clover's Regret. But they will never talk about this, cuz their little bubble would pop up in an instant and they would not get these Crunchyroll monies.

Btw. You know that Mothers Basement is a thief, right? He did it already twice. His hit video on Devilman Crybaby was copy-pasted thread from twitter user Arteater; second time it was recently with plotprogressor, Geoff stole the idea and a thumbnail(which was there for months already) for the video.

And Joey...yeah he's a dipshit. What can I say more? That he lied when he said that he liked SAO and then when series hit ALO he suddenly started to hate it even though on his old blog(which is still up) there is SAO S1 review in which there wasn't any critisism of ALO or smth like that. Nothing, just praise.

Do you have a link to the Arteater thread?

Posted

it’s basically an hour of Joey inboxing figures and placing them in a case

I get that if your passionate about something even if it seems like a waste of money to other people it doesnt matter but i cant imagine spending that much money on something that you stick in a glass case and look at. its not like he can sell them as a investement in a few years since most collectors are obnoxious about things being mint condition 

Posted (edited)

I get that if your passionate about something even if it seems like a waste of money to other people it doesnt matter but i cant imagine spending that much money on something that you stick in a glass case and look at. its not like he can sell them as a investement in a few years since most collectors are obnoxious about things being mint condition 

I understand some people like collecting these but for someone who always complained to his fans about being broke or not being able to pay the rent with his current income, he sure has a lot of money to throw around. His reason for buying certain expensive figures is "cuz why n0t?" or "I interviewed the author, you know, so all i need now is the figure!".

No. You don't. :derp:

..and he "accidentally" bought 2 of the same nendroids and doesn't know what to do with them except display them. Like, really? How do you accidentally do that? If I was him, I'd either give it to my friend, or sell it if I'm THAT "broke". He could've given it to Aki as a nice present instead of keeping it for himself. 

If you really were struggling with money you'd have tried selling some of those unnecessary figures or mangas instead of just sitting and whining to your fans and always asking for easy money from them!

Edited by Kit