• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

8717 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow so Phil Defranco covered the whole Momokun harassment situation and he's as far removed from the cosplay and anime community as possible. Surprised Aki didn't cover it though considering how fast she'll jump on a bandwagon for views. She also has tons of cosplay videos anyway and made plenty of videos preaching about the problems in the community. 

ko.PNG

mo.PNG

I'm surprised that they never made a video together, considering they had cosplay "experience" and lived in Vegas.

Posted

Joey appeared in my recommended after months not hearing from him anymore and I clicked to see how it's doing and damn son. Joey, please take care of yourself, you're gaining a lot of weight and that's a warning for someone who spends a lot of time still watching anime in front of a computer.
I feared this day would come. You're actually merging with Agnes.
But jokes apart, she's a really bad example for eating habits, hope he takes care of his health.

Posted

I'm surprised that they never made a video together, considering they had cosplay "experience" and lived in Vegas.

Same, and it's odd that Aki hasn't done a video on her.

I'll actually look forward to seeing the video if she does do it. I'm glad that Momokun is getting punished for her innapropriate touching, nobody deserves to be treated that way.

Posted (edited)

Also with her talking about Japanese horror (just like her "vast" knowledge of Jrock and visual kei) the only three movies I've ever heard her talk about are The Grudge the Ring and Rinne, all of which were made in the early 2000's. The ring if we're counting the Japanese version (which i know she is because she's that much of a weeaboo) was made in 1998. So she's counting a movie from fucking 20 years ago as being a super scary jhorror movie.

did someone tell her that listening to gackt hardly counts? (Not dogging Gackt just he strayed too far from his vkei roots) I’m sure if she was a vkei fan it would be the bands that only made songs for anime like nightmare or LM.C and just downloaded those said songs they put in the anime not any other albums or songs. She’d never fall down the bangya rabbit hole I’m sure she doesn’t even know what bangya means and thank god cause a “HOW TO TALK TO VKEI BANDMEN! #askaki” would destroy my soul I would want to bar her from the community. 

Also agree with you on the horror stuff the horror genre of japan is very underrated past the ring and the grudge. There have been many Japanese horror films made since that are good just aren’t westernized like the ring and the grudge. She could make real bank if she tried doing the jhorror Route, unrested(an old school jvlogger whom goes by Scott) tried to do that but it was executed in a boring way. 

Edited by Dahlia*

Posted

did someone tell her that listening to gackt hardly counts? (Not dogging Gackt just he strayed too far from his vkei roots) I’m sure if she was a vkei fan it would be the bands that only made songs for anime like nightmare or LM.C and just downloaded those said songs they put in the anime not any other albums or songs. She’d never fall down the bangya rabbit hole I’m sure she doesn’t even know what bangya means and thank god cause a “HOW TO TALK TO VKEI BANDMEN! #askaki” would destroy my soul I would want to bar her from the community. 

Also agree with you on the horror stuff the horror genre of japan is very underrated past the ring and the grudge. There have been many Japanese horror films made since that are good just aren’t westernized like the ring and the grudge. She could make real bank if she tried doing the jhorror Route, unrested(an old school jvlogger whom goes by Scott) tried to do that but it was executed in a boring way. 

There's no shame in not knowing a lot because we all start somewhere but quoting movies or music from a decade ago as the best the genre has to offer is pretty annoying to fans who really are invested in the genre

now i understand how the vocaloid community feels I guess

Posted (edited)

I can already gather that Hobo's fans are already harassing Alligent airlines.

Edited by Dragovin08
Misspelling

Posted

This seems like it was aimed at Joey :alpacashocked:

At least someone is saying something about it. 

(edit: I misread the first line as 'Youtuber' so she's not calling out the hobo. But it's still good advice to follow anyway Joey.) 

Screenshot_20180714-141200__01.jpg

And that's why Rachel & Jun are bea to me:x. Take note Joey & Aki, they are only a few years older and have their shit together so much more, constantly put out interesting content, (cough*live together*cough)and act like mature adults. Why in the world would anyone want to see a man who is try-hard Jap and his try hard hentai girlfriend talk about things that happened either months or years ago and are no longer relevant in what primarily consists of the Anime community, when viewers could see videos like this one below of a couple who ACTUALLY put out content that is so much more researched and fun?-

(Jun is amazing, love his cooking vids:alpacalove: (and 0:21-0:51? SO CUTEEXD) Don't know about any of you, but when I want to see some of Japans more relaxing 'country' side, his vids are a must on binge watching Youtube video nights:P)

You can tell Rachel and Jun actually love and care for each other. No forced pretending to appeal to what seems to be either a young 12-15 year old demographic or adults who think hentai is life, and not nearly as much awkwardness in videos. I hope one day Aki and Joey will grow pass wanting to be 'famous' the way they do now and the methods they are taking to achieve said 'famous' status, because it's sad. They seem to be forcing their relationship and personalities just to get somewhere in life. 

But both have an education and resources that could provide them with a happier life that DOES'NT involve Aki appealing to her "adult fans" by showing off her boobs/body being photo-shopped to heck and back, and Joey seeming to become more stand-offish/shallow/egotistical/homophobic while constantly complaining about YT, something that is by all rights a privilege and NOT a right stable source of income, more and more as the years go on. The day YT runs out of memory and/or money, I wonder what they will do for a living then? Most famous YTers that I know of have side jobs or merch that brings in a steady stream of money but them? :| 

Posted

And that's why Rachel & Jun are bea to me:x. Take note Joey & Aki, they are only a few years older and have their shit together so much more, constantly put out interesting content, (cough*live together*cough)and act like mature adults.

I love Rachel and Jun, but I don't think you should compare them to Joey and Aki.

It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Rachel and Jun are in there 30's and Joey isn't even in his mid 20's. I wouldn't say that they are about the same age at all...

Posted

...Joey isn't in his mid 20's? could've fooled me.

Posted

23, but the poorly maintained pubes on his face make him look 10 years older. 😂

Posted (edited)

joey is 23 and agnes is 25. if joey got a hair cut and shaved his face consistently he would look his age (and hes quite good looking when hes cleaned up), but instead we got a 38 year old hobo. i think he started letting himself go around the time him and agnes started talking. 

Edited by nana_
corrected agnes’ age

Posted

23, but the poorly maintained pubes on his face make him look 10 years older. 😂

Oh my God and I was over here wondering if I heard the age correct when I overheard his conversation with a fan at AX. I was debating whether he said 23 or 28 because 28 seems more possible because he looks so old 💀

Posted

Aki is 25