• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

8106 posts in this topic

Posted

i kinda liked her but these screenshots are quickly changing my mind... she's trying way to hard to cater to her fanbase - either that or she's just nasty. (which i mean if she wants to be good for her but i'm not a fan lol)

Posted

Off-Topic: I don't know why but I always get an arrogant vibe from Joey whenever he complains about being famous. It seems more pretentious rather than genuine. He often behaves condescendingly towards his fans as well. Of course I agree that his fans are mostly cringeworthy weebs, but they're only kids and we all do stupid and embarrassing things when we were kids/teenagers, so Joey (and Shine. That lil brat.) shouldn't act like he's above them. Plus, his fans are the ones who make it possible for him to have YouTube as his career, so he should at least be grateful and not try picking his fans apart every chance he gets. Making fun of weebs all the time — when he knows that the majority of his fans are weebs  is not edgy and satire; it's just rude and stupid.

OT as well: Yea I never really managed to decide if Joey was genuine or just trying too hard to be "genuine" and ultimately appearing (or showing himself to be) pretentious. His "satire" rubbed me the wrong way, I feel like what he does is more parody, but then again maybe I just have different standards (I hold The Thick of It as the pinnacle of satire lol). Back in the days when he was clean shaven and didn't have hair that looks that it's been dipped in sewage, he was more watchable. I feel like his appearance mirrors his behaviour.

Joey probably needs his own thread like Shine tbh.

Back on topic, I unsubbed from Joey (lol still slightly OT) because of the type of interaction he has with Aki. It's just gross to me. It's not even one off, it's consistent and getting worse imo. Well, Aki has always had this kind of "appeal", so it's nothing really that different.

Posted

Reuploaded my previous caps (didn't know they would break if I deleted them from My Attachments, but they kept randomly adding to the princessmei thread :beardo:)

Off-Topic: I don't know why but I always get an arrogant vibe from Joey whenever he complains about being famous. It seems more pretentious rather than genuine. He often behaves condescendingly towards his fans as well. Of course I agree that his fans are mostly cringeworthy weebs, but they're only kids and we all do stupid and embarrassing things when we were kids/teenagers, so Joey (and Shine. That lil brat.) shouldn't act like he's above them. Plus, his fans are the ones who make it possible for him to have YouTube as his career, so he should at least be grateful and not try picking his fans apart every chance he gets. Making fun of weebs all the time — when he knows that the majority of his fans are weebs  is not edgy and satire; it's just rude and stupid.

OT as well: Yea I never really managed to decide if Joey was genuine or just trying too hard to be "genuine" and ultimately appearing (or showing himself to be) pretentious. His "satire" rubbed me the wrong way, I feel like what he does is more parody, but then again maybe I just have different standards (I hold The Thick of It as the pinnacle of satire lol). Back in the days when he was clean shaven and didn't have hair that looks that it's been dipped in sewage, he was more watchable. I feel like his appearance mirrors his behaviour.

Joey probably needs his own thread like Shine tbh.

Back on topic, I unsubbed from Joey (lol still slightly OT) because of the type of interaction he has with Aki. It's just gross to me. It's not even one off, it's consistent and getting worse imo. Well, Aki has always had this kind of "appeal", so it's nothing really that different.

OT: though I'm sorry to lead the conversation off topic and towards Joey, I completely agree. Most Internet celebs who complain about being famous come off as disingenuous unless they actually do something about it (like Kevjumba who quit Youtube to become a monk or something.) Not Joey, who keeps doling out the same shit after complaining and again doing attention-fishing stuff like his Aki interactions. 

That's the one thing I'll credit Aki for--she's not as condescending towards her fans as Shine or Joey, but maybe that's just because she's hentai trash and can't use the "I'm Japanese so I'm not a weeb" defense so it's impossible to be. And she's still extra trash for using fanart for her thumbnails without crediting the source (and editing it), and defending herself for that when being called out.

Found her posts on myanimelist in a board titled "Did you go through a weeaboo phase?"

Screen_shot_2016-07-30_at_9.28.35_AM.thu

Screen_shot_2016-07-30_at_9.29.19_AM.thu

"when you've already developed a sense of balance between your love of anime and japanese culture with other things that are in your life"

What are the other things in your life besides anime, Aki? :alpacabored:

Posted

After reading this thread, I truly believe she wants to be a "~*~real life animu grill~*~"

Posted

After reading this thread, I truly believe she wants to be a "~*~real life animu grill~*~"

ughhh, now I can't watch her videos without cringing. :alpacadone:

Posted

I personally like Aki, I think she is quite smart in how she markets herself (perverted, dorky, quirky, flirty yet informative enough) and the click bait/objectification of herself is working wonders for her the growth of her channel, I commend her for it. Power of a woman.

yeah, I think like that too! But idk, it's getting kinda off limits now (I mean, look at that keyhole sweater pic, it's just uncomfortable)

Posted

I mean it's one thing to be confident about your body but another to just I don't know grab your boobs and give a crazed look at a camera. In the last Q & A video I watched I know her fans would ask her about her breast size a lot and she kinda just toys with it :Alpacaconfused: I guess she's using it to her advantage but doesn't she ever get sick of some neckbeards constantly asking for size like a bunch of weeb perverts???

Posted

Pics from lolcow because this thread is v low in pictures haha

1456005967663.jpg

(lmao her shoop skills tho)

1456054524717.jpg

^ According to lolcow (even though I'm pretty sure they are right) she cosplayed le anime man's obv fav girl

Body pic in spoiler omg holy shit

Hidden Content

sorry that the pics came out huge..

The first time I see her and I can only say her facial expressiona are so weird, they don't look cute at all/too forced O.o

Posted

I used to really like her, but recently seeing her in my subscription feed makes me cringe. She acts so weird and the faces she pulls are nasty. I'd rather watch Einshine than her, and that's saying a lot. :alpacafedup:

Posted

I used to really like her, but recently seeing her in my subscription feed makes me cringe. She acts so weird and the faces she pulls are nasty. I'd rather watch Einshine than her, and that's saying a lot. :alpacafedup:

You mean like your profile picture? xD

Lol it actually reminds me a lot of her.

Posted

You mean like your profile picture? xD

Lol it actually reminds me a lot of her.

Haha, that was actually kind of my point with girls like her. I have to be as ironic as possible, its my job.

Posted

she seems so fucking annoying right here js and then the really weird noises, her style really changed :alpacaworry:

Posted

some more pics

taking a screenshot of these made me feel gross, I come from a pretty conservative family so these things do bother me a bit. Don't know about you guys

akidearest.PNG

akidearest2.PNG

The second pic reminds me of Little Berry Cosplay :beardo:

1457374655880.thumb.jpg.49b5a30c5f116f94

I just hate these kind of "i'm a sekushiii nerdy cosplay gurllll" pics

Posted

she seems so fucking annoying right here js and then the really weird noises, her style really changed :alpacaworry:

The editing on this is just so...bad

The noises and her trying to be ''LOL IM SO RANDUM XDDD'' was so cringey and annoying to watch oh god