• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Akidearest and The Anime Man

8854 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Joey ended up with her because he's young and if some girl keeps offering herself to you...why not? Granted, he probably shouldn't take advantage, but that's a common trait of guys his age. I like how he's described the the box opening video as "Tired Joey". I don't think he was tired, I just think he was uninterested...plus, maybe he though it would be cool to sound out of it as if to say "I'm too cool to show appreciation to these lowly weaboos for their coming out here (even though I do weeby shit myself...)" 

Basically, it's all very amusing. Aki gets more views with him around probably, and gets to say she has a bf. Joey gets to enjoy her "thicc" body until he gets tired of and moves on. Win-win. :harharplz:

Posted

100 pages of Agnes Cringe wooo!!! :happee:

Posted

I think Joey ended up with her because he's young and if some girl keeps offering herself to you...why not? Granted, he probably shouldn't take advantage, but that's a common trait of guys his age. I like how he's described the the box opening video as "Tired Joey". I don't think he was tired, I just think he was uninterested...plus, maybe he though it would be cool to sound out of it as if to say "I'm too cool to show appreciation to these lowly weaboos for their coming out here (even though I do weeby shit myself...)" 

Basically, it's all very amusing. Aki gets more views with him around probably, and gets to say she has a bf. Joey gets to enjoy her "thicc" body until he gets tired of and moves on. Win-win. :harharplz:

I hope that isn't the case. Aki may be insufferable and tryhard in many ways but that doesn't mean she deserves being taken advantage of and I don't think she would take a breakup very well.

Posted

I think Joey taking advantage would be more along the lines of him being an awkward geek who isn't good with women. He doesn't know how to land someone better, so the girl throwing themselves at you is convenient. Maybe he was lonely? I say this because I feel like if he'd clean himself up and work on how he talks to people he could easily have more options. He isn't fugly or anything.

Posted (edited)

I couldn't agree with you more. Also it's usual for people to meet through mutual friends/interests or work, so assuming that neither of them do the latter (I don't remember them mentioning having jobs before but they might have) then it would make sense that it would be convenient to date if she was interested in him as they shared mutuals. As much as I don't like the pair of them, it would be cruel for him to use her. They have next to no chemistry but I don't get the vibe that he would/is doing that.

Edited by Amika

Posted

I feel like this is the rudest she's ever been regarding unboxings. :/ 

Posted

"I know I must be coming off as salty-" Yes, because you are.

Gosh she can't even fake being interested.

Posted

Thank god I'm not the only one who thought she came off as rude. Its content that your viewers like, I know she doesn't have to do the videos if she doesn't want to but it seriously came off rude the way she was acting. Aki no one is forcing you to unbox free shit. I mean the clothes are shit but you could honestly donate them (idk who would wear them though) or you could sell the figures on Ebay. Its not a big deal.

Posted

why'd she even do the video and act like people were pointing a gun to her head and forcing her to do it?? 

one thing i did like about the video is that she didn't say "what's in the box" in that annoying squeaky voice :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

who exactly is misaki??? i'm really confused

also why hide behind the chair Agnes, everyone's seen u in ur pantsu already :harharplz:

Posted (edited)

Oh my god just because your fans like a video series that doesn't mean you have to keep doing it. She does them because they get more views hence more money for her.  If you get to choose between stopping doing something you hate or keep doing it and make more money, if you choose the latter That is your fucking problem and your choice.

It's not like she works for a company or something that makes her do this, she wants the cash and fans and if she chooses that over her own integrity and what she wants to do creatively with her channel she doesn't have the right to be such a salty mean bitch about it. 

Pluss the videos are so low effort i don't get why she hates it so much. She opens a box for a camera get's some free shit and then spends a few hours editing it. Tough tits, deal with it. Just give the stuff away to some other weebs or sell it online or something.

Why the fuck are you complaining? stop doing it if you don't like it or do it for the money and stfu.

This kinda triggers me because of the fact that what she does is so easy and low effort and she makes good money of of it yet she still has the nerve to bitch about it while making videos of her own choice. Do you know how hard work is for some people Aki? I'm not just talking about people who work in coal mines and get paid minimum wage, i'm talking about people who are actually forced to do work they hate because they will get fired if they don't and they can't afford that because getting a job is hard af.

-Venting over. Sorry :alpacadone:  

-edited because apparently i can't type for shit when i get heated.

Edited by Elvis Depressly

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure I've commented this before but if I were the companies I would stop sending her boxes at this point. She comes off as an ungrateful bitch and it's not doing her content or her channel any favours. Her fanbase amuse me no end as they enjoy these half-assed moanfest videos more than anything else on her channel! I thought they would at least prefer the videos where she tries to be funny in skits.  

Edited by Amika

Posted

Ok so as someone who collects anime figures i just have to say WHAT THE FUCK MISAKI THAT FIGURE IS FUCKING EXPENSIVE, it makes me really mad that Agnes managed to get a figure that currently goes for over $200 for free for making videos she couldn't care less about :alpacamad:

Posted

Ok so as someone who collects anime figures i just have to say WHAT THE FUCK MISAKI THAT FIGURE IS FUCKING EXPENSIVE, it makes me really mad that Agnes managed to get a figure that currently goes for over $200 for free for making videos she couldn't care less about :alpacamad:

That's what also weirds me out about it. She is an otaku who apparently loves collecting figurines and other otaku merch, but she's not interested in it whatsoever.

I mean i get that the t shirts are total shit, but a lot of the figurines and some other stuff she gets are genuinely expensive and cool things.