• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Something a snowflake ruined for you?

117 posts in this topic

Posted

Thought this could be a good thing to discuss, since honestly for me, since I started browsing pull and lolcow, lots of things have been ruined for me.

Lets start with some of mine.

Thanks to Bonbonchuu (my personal snowflake) , the following things have been ruined:

-"smol"

- Anyone saying "loli", ever

-Pink hair and green eyes combo

-That purple and pink rabbit sailor top

- Mirai, Kofuku, Mikatan

-Spiked eyelashes

In general:

-League Of Legends

-Lovelive! (Still like it though)

-Haircuts with the shaved sides

-Coloured hair

-Yuno Gasai

-Cat ears/nekomimi

-"Instagram makeup"

-Bikinis and anything to do with Pokemon 

-Sailor Moon cosplay

I'm sure there's more, but what are yours? There's plenty.... :alpacafedup:

Posted

Because of Bon, the words "kiddo" and "pal". I cringe whenever I hear them now.

Posted

Honestly I would say tumblr in general ruined a lot of the things you listed up there for me. :\ haha

But the living doll snowflakes really ruined circle lenses for me ... even though I still wear them a lot ... I started wearing them in the early 00s and no one really knew what they were but now whenever people see them, they kind of automatically presume you're some kind of strange anime-doll-freak ... like no .... that's not ... what I'm about. At All. And circle lenses were taken on by that trend, not started as a part of it ... (for example I was introduced to them by the gyaru girls in Japan ...)

Really, I just like them because they're cute ....

I'm not trying to be a 'living doll' ...

Dolly make-up is cute ... but it doesn't extend much further than that. (does that make sense??)

Ugh.

Basically Japanese fashion in general was pretty much ruined for me, because now people have certain connotations about the personalities of the girls who wear it, (e.g egotist and bitchy and cringy and liars, fame hungry etc etc) which is a shame.

Posted

tumblr snowflakes have ruined goth fashion like all it takes to be goth now is black forever21 clothing ??? its a shame some of it was so unique and beautiful

Posted

circle lenses and the makeup. 

I mean sure some people may think I want to be a living doll and stuff just because I like doing my makeup like that or I like wearing circle lenses but can't I just like it and not be associated with people who shoop the fuck out of their pics and then lie about it? 

Posted

Personal snowflake ruined:

Yuno Gasai

Yoko Littner

Stocking Anarchy

my entire experience at a local convention on purpose

Posted

The whole overdrawn lips look, I wasn't quite fond of this before but whether I see it know I just cringe so hard, it might look halfway decent in pics with the angles and editing but in real life it is just terrifying. Almost reminds me of fishes

Posted

tumblr snowflakes have ruined goth fashion like all it takes to be goth now is black forever21 clothing ??? its a shame some of it was so unique and beautiful

this.

tumblr has really irked me when it comes to goth fashion, I used to love buffalo boots and platforms but I'm sick of seeing girls staring vacantly in their pants and platforms. I hate nugoth fashion so much because the people that wear it just do it for edge points -felice. Emily rose. Soon as something else comes along they'll drop it.

Posted

this.

tumblr has really irked me when it comes to goth fashion, I used to love buffalo boots and platforms but I'm sick of seeing girls staring vacantly in their pants and platforms. I hate nugoth fashion so much because the people that wear it just do it for edge points -felice. Emily rose. Soon as something else comes along they'll drop it.

nu goth was originally meant to be inspired by 80s / 90s goth and i have no clue how it got to what it is now. 

b4a33cad3623c6719055d0f2f43b46e4.jpg

f1a2d9e45db7a95fade771436ed09409.jpg

Posted

Jvlogging in general. I used to watch so many and now I just watch one or two rather infrequently. Unearthing all the drama that seems to pop up between Jvlogging snowflakes or Jvloggers in general was eye-opening to say the least. 

Posted

pastel goth ..*sigh*

Posted

the majority of jpop tbh 

Posted

@ the person who said love live i agree

i just see it as a huge ripoff of [email protected] (a game franchise made about 5 years before) and i don't really like the music all too much. there is barely any diversity... like at all. [email protected] on the other hand has lots of different style songs.

i don't understand at all why people cosplay from it all the time (or even why it's popular in the first place)?? granted some of the outfits are nice but most are pretty ugly tbh (don't even get me started on the "lolita" outfits.... >.>)

plus seeing a bunch of snowflake cosplayers wearing the same costumes bores me to death tbh

Posted

- Pastel Goth
- Vocaloid
- Circle Lenses
- Stuffed Animal Collecting
- Cosplaying In General

Posted

for me a lot of things have been ruined for me , even browsing too many places :alpacaworry:

-mirai nikki ( i think it got ruined right after it became mainstream , screw yuno i am not even her fan ) 

- sailor outfits or in general cute clothes for women to wear (example : liz liza ) 

- anime  ( from anime products  / people making videos about anime topics /cosplays  Etc ) 

- conventions 

- Jvloggers giving make fake images of how " japan " actually is to them 

- yukatas / kimonos 

- anything that is related to Sanrio 

- Visual Kei