• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

lilmixedhunny / ceilidh joy

650 posts in this topic

Posted

today:

IMG_5177.thumb.PNG.b242b10790fe36aca5ec7IMG_5178.thumb.PNG.a1d4ff3caebff7f91fe2d

Posted (edited)

Why is it that all these popular social media girls always seem to have a mental illness or are mentally unstable most of the time.

Edited by mincedmeat

Posted

why is it that all these popular social media girls always seem to have a mental illness or are mentally unstable most of the time

isn't that reasonable since they lack affection and attention?

Posted (edited)

isn't that reasonable since they lack affection and attention?

what makes you say they lack affection and attention lol

Edited by boobooplz

Posted

So is she alive or.....?

Posted

So is she alive or.....?

She's been posting on Twitter. 

Posted

what makes you say they lack affection and attention lol

the fact that they seek attention and affection from strangers on internet?

Posted

she is alive

Posted

Now that you say that, it's always SO true. These types of people just have to have the attention and confirmation from strangers constantly. I don't know what it is, or why there are so MANY of them. I do think ever since the launching of Instagram this has given special snowflakes all over the world to get that attention that they crave. I don't know why these types of people really bother me, but they just do. They probably think that online social media popularity is the most important thing in their lives.  In particular these 'artsy' and 'unique' types of people really bother me. They're all the same. They believe that their online life has to be portrayed like a Wonderland, Dazed and Confused, Purple Magazine, Vice or any 'alternative' 'independent' magazine. It's just so pretentious.

These types of people are posers and copy each others 'unique' 'seductive' 'mouth slightly always open', 'creative' and 'unique' pictures. They never smile, god forbid a genuine smile showing teeth! and always need to pose seductively or artsy. Honestly, their online lives are an entire concept. They always look super uninterested or stoned in everything and caught 'off guard' or 'ethereal' while this is just for the photo, they are once again posing. They also always have 'unique' makeup in terms of shunning all instagram baddie makeup trends and trying too hard to wear their makeup like a real life high fashion editorial . They believe that they are somehow 'models' and trend setters in terms of their style (while basically every other girl that follows this aesthetic looks and acts the exact same). 

These people are so different from their online lives and constantly need attention (taking photos of themselves, having people take photos of them etc.). Not every one of them, but a great deal of them are also narcissists. Everything revolves around them and their lives. Basically, they try too hard to be unique with their clothing styles all being 'avant garde' or they want to look like they just stepped out of a UNIF catalogue or some super 'edgy' magazine photo shoot. Actually for a good example the MILK makeup tutorials on youtube are a good start. They basically portray themselves as super pretentious, still wanting to be attractive to the general public, unique and 'hard to relate to' and it seems like these girls all worship Glossier for some reason. 

I am sorry for this was a super long post, but I'm just venting because I personally know lots of these special snowflakes where everything revolves around their online 'image' and trying so hard to be seen as 'cool'. I am just so tired of seeing people like Ceilidh Joy.

I feel the same way I've seen tons of girls I follow on insta turn into this. I always wonder do they actually set up tripods in public for pics? Either that or the ask someone constantly to take pics of them....if I had friends like that I would be so fucking annoyed.

Posted

Oh trust me, I knew a girl like that. She's an instagram poser and at the same a time full on tumblerina that gets all of her 'creative' 'unique' and 'different' ideas from the internet. I used to be friends with this one girl who was so self obsessed and so narcissistic, but she would never admit it, but she was actually a really bad person. She always pretended to be awkward, quirky, and funny for others, but in reality that was all part of her act to get people to 'like' her and 'relate' to her. She aways used to talk shit about EVERYONE. Literally, the moment these people left, she would be all like: 'omg they're so annoying' and insult them, while trying to be all likeable and quirky/ funny to them to make them like her the second before. Jokes on her though,  I really don't think anyone in that class particularly liked her, or knew her personally. That other person (besides me) who she's best friends with now is so submissive. She personally was nice, I still kind of like her, but she's literally a rag doll, with no opinions of her own. She just goes with whatever other people say. She follows this girl around and does whatever she does. That's basically her only true friend that she has there because she can control her.

She would also try and make something of herself, boost her popularity. She is a total social climber, trying to befriend all amateur DJ's and whatnot to try and get backstage and get further ahead this way. She also did this with people, whomever had good grades in class and did well she suddenly was nice and friendly to. She also tries to become friends with people that are artists and are starting to gain traction and online social media popularity. 

I did notice that she was kind of chubby (like not fat, but she had really big and flabby legs). Not trying to body shame at all, but she didn't have a good body. She constantly drank coffee and ate bananas in hopes to probably shit and lose weight. She did take advantage of her face, because she knew it was 'nice'. She posts all these pictures on instagram showing off her non chalant looking face everywhere with selfies that include a blank stare even though we know she took them herself. She also always had to get me or her other friend to take photos of her. She would constantly be like omg we need to take a picture here!! and she took copious amounts of selfies and was addicted to snapchat (as was the other girl). She tried to make her life on social media seem so exciting and fun like this was what really mattered, her online presence. She tries so hard to be one of these insta popular girls with a trademark liquid liner line, glossy lids, red eyeshadow, naturally brushed up eyebrows (you know the drill) and a 'wasted' 'high' look on her face for the photos online.

In reality though, she's just a sad person trying to bring everyone around her down to make herself feel superior and special. I don't know if she is deeply, deeply insecure, or a narcissist. I have this theory that some only children are twice as likely to become narcissists because of all the attention and praise they always receive from their parents and others, but then again, some are really great.

Posted

LOL BJ Novak dumped her....at least she got her 15 minutes of fame

Posted

used to follow her before she got kinda annoying and Typing like dis,,,.,..to talk about mediocre subjects ... that literally.,.dont matter

she's getting kind of cocky now or maybe that's just me? anyways she really is pretty and can be funny

Posted

Anyone watching her livestream on Twitter?

Posted

Anyone watching her livestream on Twitter?

saw her livestream on insta. she's sick (has a cold), staying at a friend's house and someone asked if she's sleeping with any rappers to which she said no. they also asked her about BJ Novak and she smoothly said she doesn't even know why people are asking that...aaaaand she's said she's single, no boyfriend atm.

honestly she is so so soooo cute! throughout her whole livestream i couldn't help but fall in love with her a little.