• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

youtube Jeffree Star

1609 posts in this topic

Posted

Jeffree waffling on Dahvie Vanity and James Charles isn't surprising. If he knows something, he can't say it because he runs the risk of getting sued, and if he doesn't, he has nothing to say. Idk it's just funny watching his big mouth come back to haunt him after all these years lol.

I'm a little bothered that he's going to be releasing new makeup this month considering most of his audience is low-middle income people, most of which are probably stuck and home and surviving on savings (assuming they have savings and haven't been evicted by their landlords). And him literally saying "we need this". Bitch, who is this "we"? People are sick and dying, why the fuck do you think this is a good time to launch a new product.

"we" means he. He likes to put up the "I'm so rich, i don't need money" front but thats getting old. Rich people love being and staying rich, if anything its in poor taste and really self serving to release a product right now. Yes things are beginning to reopen (in my country anyway) but its happening slowly and that doesn't mean everyone can go back to work/have money again.

I will say, I'm not surprised on him waffling. I am a little surprised that he was bold enough to flat out throw tati under the bus tho. Even if they arent friends atm, i didn't expect him to take accountability or anything for his part, but pinning all the blame on her was just wow. I wonder how she'll respond, if she even wants to bother with it.

Posted

"we" means he. He likes to put up the "I'm so rich, i don't need money" front but thats getting old. Rich people love being and staying rich, if anything its in poor taste and really self serving to release a product right now. Yes things are beginning to reopen (in my country anyway) but its happening slowly and that doesn't mean everyone can go back to work/have money again.

I will say, I'm not surprised on him waffling. I am a little surprised that he was bold enough to flat out throw tati under the bus tho. Even if they arent friends atm, i didn't expect him to take accountability or anything for his part, but pinning all the blame on her was just wow. I wonder how she'll respond, if she even wants to bother with it.

Did I miss something? When did he throw her under the bus except for the JC drama? Now I'm curious :D

Posted (edited)

Did I miss something? When did he throw her under the bus except for the JC drama? Now I'm curious :D

The person probably means the Keemstar podcast. Where Jeffree said the James Charles drama was all on tati. Tati cancelled James, Tati made everyone call him a predator etc.  

Edited by Cir-edhel

Posted

I think it was when I watched his Bloodlust palette video that I really started paying attention to how he markets his products. It's not that much different than other influencers, but I think because Jeffree seems more authentic/accessible/relatable to people they tend to trust him more and genuinely think he cares about his audiences interest (after all, he worked really hard to give them the best product he could create~).

I am a little surprised he threw Tati under the bus only because he said he was never gonna speak on anyone ever again. He literally has a video titled "Never Again" lol like honestly this is me rn:

giphy.thumb.gif.95c0f5e34af58532dad65e11

Posted

The person probably means the Keemstar podcast. Where Jeffree said the James Charles drama was all on tati. Tati cancelled James, Tati made everyone call him a predator etc.  

Yes that was what i was refering to, sorry i didn't specify.

Basically for anyone who is unaware or didn't listen to the podcast: on the podcast jeffree said that tati was the one who cancled james, that she should've never put up that video etc and didn't take responsibility for his part in the drama. Tati started it, but jeffree supported and backed her up, as well as flat out said things implying james was a preditor. 

Posted

Yes that was what i was refering to, sorry i didn't specify.

Basically for anyone who is unaware or didn't listen to the podcast: on the podcast jeffree said that tati was the one who cancled james, that she should've never put up that video etc and didn't take responsibility for his part in the drama. Tati started it, but jeffree supported and backed her up, as well as flat out said things implying james was a preditor. 

Thank you! I was invested in the drama when Twatis 40 minute video came out but afterwards I haven't checked.

J* is so dumb, I mean he didn't wait for a god damn minute to hop onto the hating train, wasn't he. But now he's playing the victim card AGAIN

Posted

I'm even more disgusted by him throwing jessi slaughter to the side and continuously claiming that she's lying, but keeps bringing up right after about how her mom would drop off backstage to shows at 10. And he knows how badly she has been bullied in the puclic eye throughout her life over this.

I seriously have to be cautious of the people who support him now...and even before I could never see how people could defend his past (and continued) antics. and how little empathy he lacks for any of it.

Posted

I'm even more disgusted by him throwing jessi slaughter to the side and continuously claiming that she's lying, but keeps bringing up right after about how her mom would drop off backstage to shows at 10. And he knows how badly she has been bullied in the puclic eye throughout her life over this.

I seriously have to be cautious of the people who support him now...and even before I could never see how people could defend his past (and continued) antics. and how little empathy he lacks for any of it.

he joined in on the bullying himself. Thats the really disgusting part.

i never liked jeffree, but his ssupporters will do mental gymnastics to defend him and justify supporting him. He's shown he hasn't changed bc all the things he did in his past, he still does it now. 

Posted

he joined in on the bullying himself. Thats the really disgusting part.

i never liked jeffree, but his ssupporters will do mental gymnastics to defend him and justify supporting him. He's shown he hasn't changed bc all the things he did in his past, he still does it now. 

I feel so bad for laughing at the video, where her dad was screaming. Back then I didn't know all the details, and I think most people didn't or am I wrong here? After knowing all of it, I honestly look at Jeffree with disgust. Usually I was one of the people who would like him again after some time, but not this time. I never like to be this hateful, but with Jeffree I have to make an exception, because I cannot otherwise. 

Posted

I feel so bad for laughing at the video, where her dad was screaming. Back then I didn't know all the details, and I think most people didn't or am I wrong here? After knowing all of it, I honestly look at Jeffree with disgust. Usually I was one of the people who would like him again after some time, but not this time. I never like to be this hateful, but with Jeffree I have to make an exception, because I cannot otherwise. 

I never saw it until a few days ago. No you aren't wrong, however it was apparently an open secret. I didn't know about it bc i didn't follow davy, just jeffree back in the day. 

the fact that he witnessed it, defended her and then joined in on making fun of her and later lied saying he never saw her is beyond gross. He's one of those people where you go threw layers of his bad sides and wonder if there truly is a good and genuine side to him or if its a facade too. I don't think he's evil, he's just unapologetically disgusting.

Posted

I never saw it until a few days ago. No you aren't wrong, however it was apparently an open secret. I didn't know about it bc i didn't follow davy, just jeffree back in the day. 

the fact that he witnessed it, defended her and then joined in on making fun of her and later lied saying he never saw her is beyond gross. He's one of those people where you go threw layers of his bad sides and wonder if there truly is a good and genuine side to him or if its a facade too. I don't think he's evil, he's just unapologetically disgusting.

So how I encountered it back in the day, was not even through Jeffree. I saw the video only, as something people just made fun of. The backstory presented to me, was that she was one of those kids making videos online. Cause' if you were a kid and made videos, people would make fun of you. People left hate comments, and her dad got angry and made that video. That's how it was presented to me then. 

Also I agree with you. He just seems so fake. His following is also scary. I mean the situation with Laura, Manny and Nikita. Obviously Laura did some problematic things, and Nikita is just problematic but Manny? Can someone clarify this to me, but did people went off on him, just because it was said that he did some shit to Jeffree? Like it was not clarified what exactly he did to Jeffree? 

Posted (edited)

So how I encountered it back in the day, was not even through Jeffree. I saw the video only, as something people just made fun of. The backstory presented to me, was that she was one of those kids making videos online. Cause' if you were a kid and made videos, people would make fun of you. People left hate comments, and her dad got angry and made that video. That's how it was presented to me then. 

Also I agree with you. He just seems so fake. His following is also scary. I mean the situation with Laura, Manny and Nikita. Obviously Laura did some problematic things, and Nikita is just problematic but Manny? Can someone clarify this to me, but did people went off on him, just because it was said that he did some shit to Jeffree? Like it was not clarified what exactly he did to Jeffree? 

Manny wasn't outted for racism or anything. People came at him for being a social climber and called him a mooch...thing is everyone on youtube social climbs. Its not a good thing but its definitely not the worst thing in the world either. The hate he got makes you think he killed jeffree's dog or something. Jeffree just played victim, that plus shane documentaries (glorified vlogs tbh) made everyone rally to his defense.

Also...jeffree is a social climber too. Notice how when he first started he was cool with every other mua with a big following until he got bigger and suddenly they weren't cool anymore and he's cool with the next one. He has always been a social climber. If he quietly can get ahead of you, he drops you in private. If he can't seem to one up you by normal means, he waits until you're in controversy to kick you while your down so support comes his way. 

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted

Jeffree posted this today and what a load of bull considering the whole Dhavie situation. 

BA12E20A-66CE-417A-B29E-AF2FEB54B70F.jpeg