• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

youtube Jeffree Star

1288 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Jeffree is so involved and passionate about his makeup brand, and I can't imagine how it feels to be excited about announcing something he'd been working hard at to be stolen. :( It was satisfying to hear the perpetrators have landed jail time. 

Despite the incident, I'm excited he's releasing concealer. I've been holding back on spending a lot on makeup, and I want to finish off a perfectly fine eyeshadow palette I  still have before I cave into Jeffree's products. Highlighter and eyeshadow aren't really a priority for me as someone who just wants to look decent for certain events, but concealer is a must. I expect a high-quality formula from him, and since he's been dragging brands left and right for not having a diverse shade range, I bet he developed an inclusive one, too.

EDIT: i had paused the vid earlier and there are setting powders too! The packaging for the concealer is the cutest shit I've seen. 

Edited by dewberry

Posted

This is great publicity for him - silver lining! 

Posted

Don’t get me wrong, Jeffree has every right to be upset over his makeup being stolen, and the situation really sucks. But does anyone else think he comes off as extremely overly-dramatic in his video? He’s acting like it’s one of the worst things that’s ever happened to him in his life.

Insurance covered the millions of dollars lost and the FBI is involved and is arresting people. The packaging was leaked as well but that’s happened with a lot of professional makeup brands. I don’t know. It sucks and he has the right to be upset but he’s acting as if things are much worse than they are.

Posted

^ He's like that about everything lol

Posted

I gotta admit the concealer is pretty.. underwhelming. It looks like a basic "make your own perfume" box game for 12 y/os. I mean, I get what he was going for but I think it could be a bit better, the gem looks very cheap and the bottle is just a plain bottle, not even, idk, double-glass or something.. He gets a lot of traffic to his brand so he surely can afford better materials for his brand, just like he did with Sugar Blood (which was extremely beautiful) and the lip ammunitions. I think if the gem was looking less "I bought this in bulk in ebay for 20$" I think it would make it so much better

Posted

the packaging looks like something from sailor moon.. i love it owo 

ot but i wish make-up companies would be more creative with their packaging.. 

Honestly me too :alpacacrush: I really hope the concealer is good, his highlighters I've been wanting to buy for awhile since I love using highlight but I just haven't gotten around to it yet, I love a lot of his aethestics (I ended up buying his morphe brushes, have yet to try the ones that actually have real hair just cause I'm a bit scared of washing it improperly and ruining them but the foundation and powder brushes are easily my favorite brushes now)

It's really fucked up that someone stole his products like that and I hope he finds justice. I've seen a few posts on social media of people laughing about the fact that his makeup and products he worked on were stolen. I feel like even if you absolutely despised Jeffree, I think it's fucked up to laugh about this and just really insensitive. It wasn't like he lost $3 in products therefore it's not as big as a deal. but he has lost over $2.5 million in products that he's worked hard on. I feel bad for him. 

Yeah I've seen this a lot too, and hey I understand not everyone likes Jeffree, you don't have to like him at all. But losing $2.5 million is still a big deal, even to someone with lots of money like Jeffree, and he is very passionate about his brand he has every right to be upset. He even said himself he wants to keep a lot of his products well stocked this year so his products are a lot more accessible and people are not paying for products that people end up scalping and jacking up the prices, whether they are real or fake. I'm pretty sure his official website only allows customers to buy a certain amount to avoid people directly scalping from him and to allow customers to have a chance at products and merch. Plus he wants his customer service to do much better along with that, and was afraid his Blue Blood launch was going to get messed up from all this, from a business standpoint and even just a personal one, it's scary.

Posted

Don’t get me wrong, Jeffree has every right to be upset over his makeup being stolen, and the situation really sucks. But does anyone else think he comes off as extremely overly-dramatic in his video? He’s acting like it’s one of the worst things that’s ever happened to him in his life.

Insurance covered the millions of dollars lost and the FBI is involved and is arresting people. The packaging was leaked as well but that’s happened with a lot of professional makeup brands. I don’t know. It sucks and he has the right to be upset but he’s acting as if things are much worse than they are.

It's part of his persona. He's always been a guy who expresses everything with a lot of character. But still, being stolen 2.5 millions worth of products, I'd be pissed too. 

I started to appreciate Jeffree a bit more recently. I mean, I'm a person who will give the benefit of the doubt to people who were not always nice, if they truly learned by their mistakes and they apologize genuinely , Then I can forgive. There's lots of drama around him but which Guru doesn't have any ? I like his makeup and I can trust him on his reviews so I know what to buy and what to avoid.

I hope he will find the culprit !

Posted

I'm a person who will give the benefit of the doubt to people who were not always nice, if they truly learned by their mistakes and they apologize genuinely , Then I can forgive. There's lots of drama around him but which Guru doesn't have any ?

I feel the same way. I wrote something similar on the Pewdiepie thread but Jeffree's racist actions in the past don't really bother me, simply because he's apologized and learned from it.

That being said, I've always had mixed feelings on him. I trust his reviews and he really cares about making his customers happy, but he constantly stirs the pot and is so overly-dramatic about everything. He's not really my cup of tea and I roll my eyes at him often.

Also, he looks like a life sized skeleton Barbie lol

Posted

I feel the same way. I wrote something similar on the Pewdiepie thread but Jeffree's racist actions in the past don't really bother me, simply because he's apologized and learned from it.

That being said, I've always had mixed feelings on him. I trust his reviews and he really cares about making his customers happy, but he constantly stirs the pot and is so overly-dramatic about everything. He's not really my cup of tea and I roll my eyes at him often.

Also, he looks like a life sized skeleton Barbie lol

People often bring up Jeffree being racist and I can't really blame them, but it's always from his myspace(?) days, which at this point was so long ago why is that even relevant to bring it up anymore? I perfectly understand people would feel kinda put off about it since you can't undo that kind of behavior especially when it's super easy to find the evidence on the internet, but those were usually from years ago, I would definitely believe Jeffree would've at least gotten his shit together and learned from that, he's even addressed it himself. Is he perfect, hell no, he still can cause quite a bit of drama but as someone else had said, what guru doesn't :alpacadone: He has been a lot more honest in recent years and I could definitely believe he learned at least a big lesson from his racist past and is probably still learning, and there's nothing wrong with that, I just hope he keeps his mind open to learning as much as he can.

Posted

People often bring up Jeffree being racist and I can't really blame them, but it's always from his myspace(?) days, which at this point was so long ago why is that even relevant to bring it up anymore? I perfectly understand people would feel kinda put off about it since you can't undo that kind of behavior especially when it's super easy to find the evidence on the internet, but those were usually from years ago, I would definitely believe Jeffree would've at least gotten his shit together and learned from that, he's even addressed it himself. Is he perfect, hell no, he still can cause quite a bit of drama but as someone else had said, what guru doesn't :alpacadone: He has been a lot more honest in recent years and I could definitely believe he learned at least a big lesson from his racist past and is probably still learning, and there's nothing wrong with that, I just hope he keeps his mind open to learning as much as he can.

To be fair, people still bring up his racism because of the way he reacted towards Shayla (threatening to beat her, misogynistic insults, calling her a broke rat) and Jackie Aina (conveniently enough, called another black woman a rat, tried to spread rumors and implied she was going through financial issues). That was only a few years ago in comparison to the slurs and terrible skit that featured the racist battery acid comment. He hasn't came for anybody else in that exact manner in a while which led people to believe it's racially charged. There's also the "gorilla" texts incident that was quickly swept under the rug and was never completely looked into simply because the person who brought forth the texts came off as unreliable/used it for followers. 

Also it's pretty shitty that starting drama is the standard in the beauty community to the point Jeffree Star can snap at other gurus/fans/customers every other week and no one bats an eye (despite claiming he's "improving") because "what guru doesn't!"

Posted

Also it's pretty shitty that starting drama is the standard in the beauty community to the point Jeffree Star can snap at other gurus/fans/customers every other week and no one bats an eye (despite claiming he's "improving") because "what guru doesn't!"

I think he's the one that causes the most drama in the beauty community. He's quite flamboyant, full of himself, and quite frankly, I find him to be extremely rude. I see him randomly picking fights with Manny MUA (someone who I don't really like myself but regardless) on Instagram/Twitter and I think it's so pathetic. This man is a real fucking adult and he needs to get a grip.

I swear something big is going to blow up in his face in a few years and he's going to lose all relevancy. As someone who owns his own brand, I think he should carry himself better.

Posted

Posted

Damn this is all some serious whiplash lmao. 1:07-1:38 a lot of people are mentioning how back in the early 2000s he definitely faced a lot of general hatred from even just the streets, he's definitely very different in these videos compared to now but sometimes I forget how different

Posted

Damn this is all some serious whiplash lmao. 1:07-1:38 a lot of people are mentioning how back in the early 2000s he definitely faced a lot of general hatred from even just the streets, he's definitely very different in these videos compared to now but sometimes I forget how different

you can definitely see that it's all an act. He looks very hurt even though he tries to act tough. Sometimes I forget how people treated guys who do make up, scary.

Posted

I swear something big is going to blow up in his face in a few years and he's going to lose all relevancy. As someone who owns his own brand, I think he should carry himself better.

100000% agree