• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Jeffree Star

1247 posts in this topic

Posted

yeah i think ive seen them before.

but there are new ones, he did send out some unpopular shades (and some ended up being bad), and that green/blue highlighter was broken in a lot of the boxes (as ive seen)

Some of the photos are pretty new (from a couple of days ago), except the repeat one. They have been shared everywhere.

And yes, there are still broken highlighters and dry liquid lipsticks. But mostly the latter.

IMG_20190207_142208.thumb.jpg.3ab8e24bc0

Posted

What's the expiry date on those products? On those outlet/discount beauty shop they often sell expired make-up, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the make-up in those mystery boxes is expired

Posted

idk about those mysterious boxes but some of my friends got it and I watched tons of yt unboxing videos and yeah there was a few unpopular shades but some people actually got really nice stuff in my opinion 

Posted

Yea I can actually say the same. someone said the Beauty Bay ones where better mixed and ppl got more variety but the worth of the Jeffree ones is higher. 

personally I´d never order a mystery box from JS because I would expect to receive stuff like the Onyx Ice highlighter lmao 

Posted

610507F6-1F80-4C6B-B209-2E7BBCC017DA.thuHis socialblade stats are doing really well. That redemption arc pulled him from obscure beauty guru scene to a common face on the trending page, makeup video or not.

Despite the drama with the other gurus, I don’t think anything could make his stats plummet to where they were before again. 

Posted

I don’t think anything could make his stats plummet to where they were before again. 

What a shame.

Posted

Does anyone know what the situation with David Scissorhands was? I watched HFT2's videos on it (part 1, part 2), but didn't know where everyone stood on if he was just fishing or if it what he talked about was legit. 

IIRC, David was Jeffree's stylist until they had some sort of falling out. David decided to come forward on some things Jeffree allegedly texted him. Things such as pitting David against lipsticknick, asking him to delete photos of Jackie Aina (and saying nasty things about her) and claiming that Nikita raped Manny's little bother. David was posting about this both on his IG story and twitter that included screencaps of these conversations, but folks were having issues because of the type of phone these conversations were on. He's since posted his own video on the entire thing titled The Truth, which I've only gotten part of the way through because he goes on for like 4 minutes on why he decided to come forward.

Sanders Kennedy also did a video where he asks both Jeffree and David what the issue is.

Also some people have experienced issues with the new JS Morphe brushes collab in that they become frizzy after washing: 

Not sure if this is true, but I saw someone mention that this happens with all morphe brushes because they use natural goat hair. Said that they need to be conditioned and contained in a brush guard to maintain their shape.

I honestly don't know what to think of Jeffree at this point. Like, I realize a lot of my past dislike for him was sourced in stuff he did in 2013/2014, and not personally being satisfied with how he handled drama in the past 2-3 years. Which I feel recently isn't applicable as I personally haven't seen him repeat said behaviors. But I also haven't been following him closely enough to say otherwise these days. 

I will say that although I liked Shane's docu-series on Jeffree, I'm kind of leery of the kinds of projects he decides to pursue (such as his series on Jake Paul) where the end goal appears to be to try and humanize controversial figures. Whether it was worth pursuing in Jeffree's case is debatable tho.

Posted

i honestly dont know about jeffree and david. it was such a shitshow for a really short time, and then everyone moved on.

i think david wasn't influental enough to be taken seriously, since many thought screenshots were fake (but many said its not fake, you can export/import msgs from ipnone to android or something similar, you have to go through videos or guru gossiper), that thing about raping zack seems fake (i wouldn't be surprised that jeffree made that up lol, but then it seemed that david made it up that jeffree said).

also he was asking for subs to continue with the story, which did not help to be taken seriously.

i just think that many people really want to like jeffree, and to be forgiven for liking him, and shane's videos gave them that.

idk about brushes, but some said its just a thing with morphie brushes being shitty, idk.

Posted

From Jeffrees new video about his hording problem. He probably was posing in the trash on purpose bc ~self irony~ but I had to compare it to the hoarders lady 

EC970993-FCC9-4E67-918F-7EDB28A9A30C.jpeg

Posted

(Unless it was stated somewhere earlier in this forum I apologize!)

Has anyone felt his morphe brushes? I went to ulta recently and they had the display ones out and the face brushes felt wonderful but the eyeshadow(?) brushes looked and felt like utter shit. Maybe the store didn't take care of them or they're generally like that I have no idea but it really put me off :alpacaworry:

Posted

Have you guys seen his new palette/collection, Blue Blood? It looks great. I can already see the Instagram posts with "cool for the summer" captions lol

Posted

I think Blue Blood is a really refreshing palette. I personally am excited for the other products, even though my bank account won’t let me buy any.

Posted

I think he´s actually doing something a little different that other beauty brands by bringing out a monochromatic eyeshadow palette but yeah more something for instagram looks than anything else. Just like the liquid lipsticks. Is he really selling a lipstick bundle with only blue shades? who buys that 

Posted

610507F6-1F80-4C6B-B209-2E7BBCC017DA.thuHis socialblade stats are doing really well. That redemption arc pulled him from obscure beauty guru scene to a common face on the trending page, makeup video or not.

Despite the drama with the other gurus, I don’t think anything could make his stats plummet to where they were before again. 

Tbh what goes up must come down. Everyone's currently in the illusion that he's the perfect beauty guru for he (unlike some others) knew how to properly apologise for his shit. But I'm sure someone as controversial and drama-loving as Jeffree is going to pull something that's going to shatter every good thing people thought of him sooner or later

I like the greens in Blue Blood

Posted

Blue blood looks very pretty, it's definitely very different than what Jeffree usually puts out! I was thinking about buying it at first but honestly, I think I'm gonna wait it out or just not buy at all, I like a lot of more neutral and darker colors when it comes to doing my eyes, I don't really use blues. If it was purple themed tho, you bet I'd be all over it