• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

youtube Jeffree Star

1609 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sephora does not ship internationally you know that right?

They only carry those specific brands for american consumers, which is shockingly a small percentage of people who want to buy make up.

Also theres plenty big mainstream make up brands with much fewer darker tones.

0318542b8515690778ea9254b407abe8.png

12 light shades with undertone variaton against 7 dark shades that dont even go to really dark, with the last two shades not having undertone variatons.

a83cf5f5910d3d453f3b5c60979d2810.jpg

I think this one is also self explanatory.

https://www.sephora.com/international-websites

Sephora IS international. You can find a lot of good dark shade brands on Amazon too, like Black Opal and Imani.

And we were talking about foundation tones not countries with specific brand availability? When did internationality pop in? When you realized there are quite a few brands that have a lot of dark tone variety and could no longer use that as the argument?

Dark skin tone makeup isn't strictly exclusive to America, you're trying to start a whole other argument that has nothing to do with what the original topic is about. And Urban Decay Naked skin has more than 18 shades, there are actually 26 shades so that first photo isn't showing all available shades. But back to that darker tones in other countries thing, International makeup sites and tone matching searches do the trick. I dont live in Europe, Asia or Africa so I cant tell you what brands are exclusive to THOSE countries but like I said, we weren't talking about what countries carry what brands, we were talking about the lack of dark tones which aren't as few as people think.

Also super important to remember that if you live somewhere with a higher percentage of darker skinned people and a lower percentage of lighter skinned people like Northern Africa or India, you will have a harder time finding LIGHT shades so its also very relative based on population race ratio, which also proves your country argument invalid. Other countries might have MORE or LESS variety depending on where you go, like in Japan or China you will most likely HAVE to order online since any cosmetic store wont have any shades past a medium tan.

Edited by Nicole

Posted (edited)

https://www.sephora.com/international-websites

Sephora IS international. You can find a lot of good dark shade brands on Amazon too, like Black Opal and Imani.

And we were talking about foundation tones not countries with specific brand availability? When did internationality pop in? When you realized there are quite a few brands that have a lot of dark tone variety and could no longer use that as the argument?

Dark skin tone makeup isn't strictly exclusive to America, you're trying to start a whole other argument that has nothing to do with what the original topic is about. And Urban Decay Naked skin has more than 18 shades, there are actually 26 shades so that first photo isn't showing all available shades. But back to that darker tones in other countries thing, International makeup sites and tone matching searches do the trick. I dont live in Europe, Asia or Africa so I cant tell you what brands are exclusive to THOSE countries but like I said, we weren't talking about what countries carry what brands, we were talking about the lack of dark tones which aren't as few as people think.

Also super important to remember that if you live somewhere with a higher percentage of darker skinned people and a lower percentage of lighter skinned people like Northern Africa or India, you will have a harder time finding LIGHT shades so its also very relative based on population race ratio, which also proves your country argument invalid. Other countries might have MORE or LESS variety depending on where you go, like in Japan or China you will most likely HAVE to order online since any cosmetic store wont have any shades past a medium tan.

Lady i live in south america.
Its a thousand times easier to find light shades in my country (with a 40% percent white population)
than darker ones ( a 55% of the population)
Did you even check their policies? The international websites of sephora DONT sell the same products as american sephora, its usually just the high end brands such as dior that mostly will be avaliable.

You have this idea that make up in different countries is different from what you see on the internet when its literally the same thing.

Only asian countries have mostly exclusive brands, all other countries will most likely be using maybelline, loreal, mac... etc

I admit my google search was shitty (i use super full coverage stuff, so im familiar with that kind of thing, which has a pretty good range of shades) 

juliana-goes-resenha-base-alta-cobertura

This is the foundation range of a brand in my country.

Its literally no different from Tarte's.

I've derailed enough the discussion and this is the last post i make on the subject.

Edited by Valentines

Posted (edited)

Lady i live in south america.Its a thousand times easier to find light shades in my country (with a 40% percent white population)
than darker ones ( a 55% of the population)
Did you even check their policies? The international websites of sephora DONT sell the same products as american sephora, its usually just the high end brands such as dior that mostly will be avaliable.

You have this idea that make up in different countries is different from what you see on the internet when its literally the same thing.

Only asian countries have mostly exclusive brands, all other countries will most likely be using maybelline, loreal, mac... etc

I admit my google search was shitty (i use super full coverage stuff, so im familiar with that kind of thing, which has a pretty good range of shades) 

juliana-goes-resenha-base-alta-cobertura

This is the foundation range of a brand in my country.

Its literally no different from Tarte's.

I've derailed enough the discussion and this is the last post i make on the subject.

Makeup IS different in different countries though lmfao. And you said straight up Sephora doesnt ship internationally. Like you just proved yourself wrong by saying each country has ALL THE SAME makeup then saying sephora has American only items??
You literally just argued that you CANT get certain makeup products in other countries and spouted about international shipping THEN said makeup is the same online as it is in real life. Where the hell is your argument at? where are you trying to go with this?  Lol im finished trying to understand your view here because you cant even figure out what youre trying to argue youre playing both sides.

Edited by Nicole

Posted (edited)

Im saying you cant buy things from sephora's american website because they dont ship internationally. American Sephora wont ship Internationally.
the WAY MAKE UP IS DONE AND THE COLORS THEY ARE DONE ARE THE SAME not ALL THE SAME MAKEUP BRANDS ARE AVALIABLE EVERYWHRE.
Did you fail english class? You cant even read things in a certain context, you take everything absurdly literally.

You should word your posts better because you literally just said the only countries with exclusive items are Asian countries AND SEPHORA HAS MORE THAN JUST THE AMERICAN SITE. Youre the one with the shit poor typing skills, hon. No need to be a total bitch just because YOU failed to word things properly.

Like how you JUST ranted about countries NOT having country specific items right after talking about how items are only available in America. CANT FIND IMANI ON THE SOUTH AMERICAN SEPHORA? TRY AMAZON. ALSO DID YOU KNOW THERES TONS OF INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY SITES?!?!? you totally derailed the original shade range topic to country based availability. Dont be a dumb ass.

Edit: yea cool good for you, Ive traveled to 7 different countries and all of them have products there that America DOESNT.

Edited by Nicole

Posted

You should word your posts better because you literally just said the only countries with exclusive items are Asian countries AND SEPHORA HAS MORE THAN JUST THE AMERICAN SITE. Youre the one with the shit poor typing skills, hon. No need to be a total bitch just because YOU failed to word things properly.

Like how you ranted about countries NOT having country specific items right after talking about how items are only available in America. CANT FIND IMANI ON THE SOUTH AMERICAN SEPHORA? TRY AMAZON.

You know how much shipping to another goddamn continent costs?
Would you pay 600$ plus customs for a  medium-quality foundation?

Its absolutely unfeasible for people to just import makeup whenever they want to.

I talked about how  OTHER COUNTRIES  that are NOT AMERICA not having wider selections of makeup EXCEPT asian countries that have their own beauty industries because of cultural reasons.

Posted

Sephora carries a brand called Black Up. A brand made specifically for darker skin tones with at least 15+ different dark shades plus their color IQ feature. Being darker has nothing to do with having a hard time finding foundation.I get that there are 'more lighter shades' but that doesn't mean its still not hard to find your correct shade. This isn't a 'who has a harder time finding their shade' contest. You do not need to make it about Black people having a harder time finding foundation than White people and yea.. pale people too because this isnt strictly a Black womens issue. My point is just because more light shades exist doesn't mean the only people who can complain about not finding the right shade are darker skinned people.

Also everyone is making it seem like there's literally only 5 dark foundations in existence.

@Umbreon Tarte is getting A TON of backlash for only having so few dark shades, if you want to compare how few dark shades makeup brands have, you're going to have to find more than one image from one brand that has fewer dark shades than any other brand because that is sort of manipulative to find a brand that SPECIFICALLY has very few dark shades and add a single picture and say 'see how few dark shades there are available in the world?'

RCMADarkFoundations__68596.1455218918.60

Black+Opal+Pore+Perfecting-cs6.jpg

6bb9914065a1aceb255126e8ce093b81.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

aa1721bce9144b97f34df1aa7b42ad33--beauty508260e3c6f4180d9f2d2f0627318be8.jpg

I didn’t use Tarte as an example to “””manipulate””” diddly. I used it as an example that specific line of foundation was hot trash in its shade range, not that there isn’t ever any dark shades in any line, ya weenie.

I have no idea why you’re getting so heated about this because I said there’s a shade diversity issue. I’m not having this arguement on shade range on Jeffree’s thread any further, my dude.

I will say him calling out Nikkie is fucking ridiculous. He’s acting like he’s been some sort of vocal god for PoC and diversity when he’s been the same patty mayonnaise ass bitch that cares more about his purses than black women. His whole need to target women to boost his ego is fucking ridiculous. 

Posted (edited)

I didn’t use Tarte as an example to “””manipulate””” diddly. I used it as an example that specific line of foundation was hot trash in its shade range, not that there isn’t ever any dark shades in any line, ya weenie.

I have no idea why you’re getting so heated about this because I said there’s a shade diversity issue. I’m not having this arguement on shade range on Jeffree’s thread any further, my dude.

I will say him calling out Nikkie is fucking ridiculous. He’s acting like he’s been some sort of vocal god for PoC and diversity when he’s been the same patty mayonnaise ass bitch that cares more about his purses than black women. His whole need to target women to boost his ego is fucking ridiculous. 

Im not 'heated' about anything. I posed my comment and it got heated replies so I replied back. If you had read anything I said you would know I agree with anger over lack of shades. I replied to your comment because you had made it seem like ZERO dark shades exist because you posted a photo of Tarte cosmetics (which has a clear lack of shade range) and played it off like ALL cosmetics have less than a single dark shade. That is all. Can we get back on the topic of Jeffree?

Also weenie? Diddly? Lol talk about 8 year old throwing a tantrum. :alpacaworry::alpacaworry2:cri

Edited by Nicole

Posted

This guy, though.

Okay I'm super surprised I didn't see this thread earlier. This guy is nothing but burned bridges, foul attitude, broken friendships, drama, and an overly compensating makeup brand. Like damn, just in the last year of 2017 I'm pretty damn sure he started fights with Jarrod Blandino (Too Faced,) Kat Von Dee, two of the Kardashians, another friend of his that was a vlogger, I'm pretty sure a fan, and some other fan over youtube comments?? Like holy, man.

I'm kind of really salty about his track record and mostly how things went down with Kat Von Dee (not that I like her much, either, but I dislike more of what Jeffree did/has said.) I love Jarrod Blandino, but he'd not exactly too much of a saint and turns out his shade with Jeffree Star was just kind of juicy is all lmao. His attitude about the friendship break up with Kat kind of sours my mouth and leaves, I think, a bad image about him and how he deals with interpersonal relationships. In a podcast with Shane Dawson, here's some quotes he says when she comes up towards the end and on the topic of tattoos; "even though me and that dumb whore aren't friends anymore I still appreciate her artwork." As well as, "she got crazy and weird and tried to backstab me in front of the whole internet and failed," and ending with his talk about liquid lipstick and his egotistical point of view, " perfected the liquid lipstick formula, and that it's better than hers and the competitors."

I think this guy's an ass, and personally I don't find his makeup great and never did even before he got wildly popular through his company and all of the drama. I always liked the feel of Kat's liquid lipstick better, but I do admit Jeffree has some nice unique shades.

Posted

i don't know if you guys watched the new HFTT video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76On-hFu-Dc&t=782s)

anyways someone threatened him on twitter (which no one deserves, even though he's a huge piece of shit)

the thing that i hate about jeffree is that he public replies to random people who disagree with him (even his fans) publicly, KNOWING that his fans are going to attack him. fucking grow up. you're like, what, 30??? who the fuck has time for that?

Posted (edited)

One of the very few things I like about him are his slender hands. He has nice hands... Attitude is total ass but he has really nice long fingers.

Edited by Nicole

Posted

Sephora carries a brand called Black Up. A brand made specifically for darker skin tones with at least 15+ different dark shades plus their color IQ feature. Being darker has nothing to do with having a hard time finding foundation.I get that there are 'more lighter shades' but that doesn't mean its still not hard to find your correct shade. This isn't a 'who has a harder time finding their shade' contest. You do not need to make it about Black people having a harder time finding foundation than White people and yea.. pale people too because this isnt strictly a Black womens issue. My point is just because more light shades exist doesn't mean the only people who can complain about not finding the right shade are darker skinned people.

Also everyone is making it seem like there's literally only 5 dark foundations in existence.

@Umbreon Tarte is getting A TON of backlash for only having so few dark shades, if you want to compare how few dark shades makeup brands have, you're going to have to find more than one image from one brand that has fewer dark shades than any other brand because that is sort of manipulative to find a brand that SPECIFICALLY has very few dark shades and add a single picture and say 'see how few dark shades there are available in the world?'

RCMADarkFoundations__68596.1455218918.60

Black+Opal+Pore+Perfecting-cs6.jpg

6bb9914065a1aceb255126e8ce093b81.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

aa1721bce9144b97f34df1aa7b42ad33--beauty508260e3c6f4180d9f2d2f0627318be8.jpg

You know what's funny? I didn't make this a black woman's issue. I made this about people who have darker skin. I just happen to be a black woman therefor I can only explain MY experience as a black woman. There are OTHER races of people who are just as dark or darker than black people who have the same issue. 

At the end of the day paler people get way more than dark people. There's a SHIT TON of brands that I can't even get a CHANCE to try because they sure as hell don't cater to me. Brands will be way more likely to include people with a paler complexion but before they include the Nikki Perkins  and Nyma Tangs in the world. And yes, there are NON-BLACK PEOPLE WHO RUN JUST AS DEEP IN COMPLEXION AS THOSE TWO.

No one is saying pale people can't talk about their issue but damn near every time it's NOT about pale people...it suddenly again has to be about pale people too. But hey think what you want.

Posted

the thing that i hate about jeffree is that he public replies to random people who disagree with him (even his fans) publicly, KNOWING that his fans are going to attack him. fucking grow up. you're like, what, 30??? who the fuck has time for that?

I'm fairly sure he knows what he's doing, and is siccing his fans on people that annoy him 100% on purpose. Any time he replies to that kind of tweets is just like a big target for his devotees to attack.

It's gross misuse of his influence, but he's proved many times over he doesn't give a fuck.