• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

youtube Jeffree Star

1609 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree, Jeffree is such a snowflake. Spend ten mins on any of Jeffree's social media and it seems plain that this is exactly where he belongs. 

Posted

You're all acting like I said he WASN'T. I never said he wasn't. But there are people JUST AS BAD who aren't in the snowflake category.

Posted

I haven’t seen anyone talk about it yet so might as well post it myself. 

Jeffree put out a video about the new Tarte foundation:

A day after HFTT posted this on Twitter (I think it’s coincidence though as filming and editing takes quite some time so Jeffree might have already filmed this when she tweeted):

56C6BA47-3DF1-4D02-B2C4-1159916A3F99.thu

I think it’s interesting how he praises Jackie Aina’s video and is dragging Tarte for not being inclusive.

What do you guys think, is this genuine or does he use it to better his reputation?

Posted

Honestly it kind of bugs me when the only complaints about 'shade range' are in reference to the lack of dark shades. I agree there isn't enough dark shades but at the same time ive never in my life found a pale enough shade for myself. So there just aren't ENOUGH SHADES in general.

A LOT of people cant find the right shade, people need to chill on implying racism at every goddamn corner they turn.

Posted

I haven’t seen anyone talk about it yet so might as well post it myself. 

Jeffree put out a video about the new Tarte foundation:

A day after HFTT posted this on Twitter (I think it’s coincidence though as filming and editing takes quite some time so Jeffree might have already filmed this when she tweeted):

56C6BA47-3DF1-4D02-B2C4-1159916A3F99.thu

I think it’s interesting how he praises Jackie Aina’s video and is dragging Tarte for not being inclusive.

What do you guys think, is this genuine or does he use it to better his reputation?

I haven't watched the video b/c it's not working for me for whatever reason, and I've got other things to do. But the mention of him praising Jackie might have something to do with HFTT's claim that apparently Jeffree is looking to use her to "take down" Laura (which is mentioned here in this video). 

Posted

Well he is not the smartest guy out there. Which is a shame, he does have a big following and he could do much more with his internet presence then to always be remembered as guy in make up that does and says shit to shock people.

My former childhood friend acts a lot like him so there still wasnt something shitty he did that has surprised me.

Posted

But if you pay attention alot of brands will have 5 light shades and 2-3 darker colors.

There definetely arent enough shades in general BUT the discrepancy with dark colors is much bigger.

I’ve done a research and it seems black or half black people are slightly under 20% of human population. So as much as it is important to include them and nobody should be disrespected just because of their physical appearance, the whole ratio based on statistics and not prejudice or social justice should be 1:4. 

Here we have of course stuff like some Indians or Arab people are really dark, but also some of mixed black look more like tanned Caucasian etc etc. 

But then there’s another story with country of production. In USA there is mixed population, but in Asia or Central Europe situation is different. We barely have any black people around.

Tarte’s range is very poor, but that’s the marketing tactics (10 next shades will be black and everyone will acknowledge it) or misinterpretation of the market (maybe based on products and colours that are bought from them) not racism and hate towards any race.

Posted (edited)

I’ve done a research and it seems black or half black people are slightly under 20% of human population. So as much as it is important to include them and nobody should be disrespected just because of their physical appearance, the whole ratio based on statistics and not prejudice or social justice should be 1:4. 

Here we have of course stuff like some Indians or Arab people are really dark, but also some of mixed black look more like tanned Caucasian etc etc. 

But then there’s another story with country of production. In USA there is mixed population, but in Asia or Central Europe situation is different. We barely have any black people around.

Tarte’s range is very poor, but that’s the marketing tactics (10 next shades will be black and everyone will acknowledge it) or misinterpretation of the market (maybe based on products and colours that are bought from them) not racism and hate towards any race.

I Never refered to black people specifically

As you said there are plenty other races with really dark skin, and the issue with tarte's foundation is that they offer One Single really dark shade not even taking in consideration the difference between warm and cool Skintones which is extremely important in makeup.

Its not outright racism but it just shows disregard or just plain terrible handling of make up business.

Also they ship pretty much worldwide so "market" isnt an excuse

Edited by Valentines
adding things

Posted

Patricia Bright called Jeffree during on her review of the Shape Tape. She gives a pretty concise overview of the matter from a woman of color's perspective.  

Posted

What I wanna know is why he thinks this thumbnail is appealing in the slightest...
that look...

5a6498b56c9c6_ss(2018-01-21at02.41.07).t

Posted

Honestly it kind of bugs me when the only complaints about 'shade range' are in reference to the lack of dark shades. I agree there isn't enough dark shades but at the same time ive never in my life found a pale enough shade for myself. So there just aren't ENOUGH SHADES in general.

A LOT of people cant find the right shade, people need to chill on implying racism at every goddamn corner they turn.

I swear yall are going to beat this "Pale people too!" mess into the ground. The fact that darker skin people really got 2 SHADES while there is abundance of lighter shades is already proving the point. My black ass got all of what 4 brands of BB cream to choose from and I'm NOT even that damn dark. If I want coverage then I'll have to use foundation but its not like Im being showered with options there too LOL

Posted (edited)

I swear yall are going to beat this "Pale people too!" mess into the ground. The fact that darker skin people really got 2 SHADES while there is abundance of lighter shades is already proving the point. My black ass got all of what 4 brands of BB cream to choose from and I'm NOT even that damn dark. If I want coverage then I'll have to use foundation but its not like Im being showered with options there too LOL

Sephora carries a brand called Black Up. A brand made specifically for darker skin tones with at least 15+ different dark shades plus their color IQ feature. Being darker has nothing to do with having a hard time finding foundation.I get that there are 'more lighter shades' but that doesn't mean its still not hard to find your correct shade. This isn't a 'who has a harder time finding their shade' contest. You do not need to make it about Black people having a harder time finding foundation than White people and yea.. pale people too because this isnt strictly a Black womens issue. My point is just because more light shades exist doesn't mean the only people who can complain about not finding the right shade are darker skinned people.

Also everyone is making it seem like there's literally only 5 dark foundations in existence.

@Umbreon Tarte is getting A TON of backlash for only having so few dark shades, if you want to compare how few dark shades makeup brands have, you're going to have to find more than one image from one brand that has fewer dark shades than any other brand because that is sort of manipulative to find a brand that SPECIFICALLY has very few dark shades and add a single picture and say 'see how few dark shades there are available in the world?'

RCMADarkFoundations__68596.1455218918.60

Black+Opal+Pore+Perfecting-cs6.jpg

6bb9914065a1aceb255126e8ce093b81.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

aa1721bce9144b97f34df1aa7b42ad33--beauty508260e3c6f4180d9f2d2f0627318be8.jpg

Edited by Nicole

Posted

Sephora carries a brand called Black Up. A brand made specifically for darker skin tones with at least 15+ different dark shades plus their color IQ feature. Being darker has nothing to do with having a hard time finding foundation.I get that there are 'more lighter shades' but that doesn't mean its still not hard to find your correct shade. This isn't a 'who has a harder time finding their shade' contest. You do not need to make it about Black people having a harder time finding foundation than White people and yea.. pale people too because this isnt strictly a Black womens issue. My point is just because more light shades exist doesn't mean the only people who can complain about not finding the right shade are darker skinned people.

Also everyone is making it seem like there's literally only 5 dark foundations in existence.

@Umbreon Tarte is getting A TON of backlash for only having so few dark shades, if you want to compare how few dark shades makeup brands have, you're going to have to find more than one image from one brand that has fewer dark shades than any other brand because that is sort of manipulative to find a brand that SPECIFICALLY has very few dark shades and add a single picture and say 'see how few dark shades there are available in the world?'

Sephora does not ship internationally you know that right?

They only carry those specific brands for american consumers, which is shockingly a small percentage of people who want to buy make up.

Also theres plenty big mainstream make up brands with much fewer darker tones.

0318542b8515690778ea9254b407abe8.png

12 light shades with undertone variaton against 7 dark shades that dont even go to really dark, with the last two shades not having undertone variatons.

a83cf5f5910d3d453f3b5c60979d2810.jpg

I think this one is also self explanatory.