• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Jeffree Star

1359 posts in this topic

Posted

IMG_5473.thumb.JPG.b56bf4cd2cfbad6d1900d

Any thoughts on this? I feel like with that bullshit Trump pulled and the hostility towards races from the middle east, JS should rethink this pallet design. I don't know how that works or if he would be able to at this point, but it just seems like he REALLY needs to think about his packaging more. It doesn't matter if it was an accident and unintentional, I think this is something that needs to be fixed/changed.

(Also omg I thought this post would merge with my previous one and it didn't so I sorry for double posting 😰)

Don't think its intentional its a mashup of Manny's palette and JS's logo

Bildergebnis für manny mua paletteBildergebnis für jeffree star logo

Posted

Don't think its intentional its a mashup of Manny's palette and JS's logo

Bildergebnis für manny mua paletteBildergebnis für jeffree star logo

Yeah, that's what I figured, I just feel like they should or could've arranged them in a different way. Regardless of their intentions or their knowledge, it's an accident and should at the very least address it?

Just my two cents.

Posted

Any thoughts on this? I feel like with that bullshit Trump pulled and the hostility towards races from the middle east, JS should rethink this pallet design. I don't know how that works or if he would be able to at this point, but it just seems like he REALLY needs to think about his packaging more. It doesn't matter if it was an accident and unintentional, I think this is something that needs to be fixed/changed.

(Also omg I thought this post would merge with my previous one and it didn't so I sorry for double posting 😰)

that's exactly what i though when i saw it omg 
I was like "so theyre so selfish and blinded by themselves that they didnt notice it"

Yes its a merge of their design, but i think it could have been something else .... I dont think pakistan is gonna be happy being associated with them lol

Posted

i doubt they even know what the Pakistan flag even looks like honestly, idk why, they seem very superficial, materialistic and ignorant to me, but that's just my impression and i could be wrong...

sure thing is if this is going too far we are going to recieve a passive-agressive comment from our jeff, obviously

Posted

I honestly doubt they realized it looked like the Pakistan flag. It's a mix of their logos in common design (star in the dip of the moon)

I hope it's a flop though lol

Posted

Looks like the Algerian flag ( forgot to mention  it on the other post) just different colors

Yeah thats why i said they were so concentrate on themselves that they didnt realize that lol 

I have to admit tho, the colors are so pretty but it looks soooo much better on manny than jeffrey .... he looks like a non living doll ....

Posted (edited)

the symbol with a crescent moon and a star besides is a known historic symbol that is currently known as the symbol of islam or the muslim community and therefore is depictured on a variety of state flags from states with a muslim majority.

e.g. not only algerian (left) and pakistan flag (right):

Flag_of_Algeria.svg.thumb.png.2d91f7a45f 120px-Flag_of_Pakistan.svg.thumb.png.b51

but also turkey, the republic of northern cyprus, malaysia, lybia, azerbaijan, mauritania, sahrawi arab democratic republic and tunisia (from left to right):

Flag_of_Turkey.svg.thumb.png.8a522d0658e 120px-Flag_of_the_Turkish_Republic_of_No 120px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.thumb.png.b11 Flag_of_Libya.svg.thumb.png.506761a56f72 Flag_of_Azerbaijan.svg.thumb.png.a51f00a Flag_of_Mauritania.svg.thumb.png.bd3f938 120px-Flag_of_the_Sahrawi_Arab_Democrati Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.thumb.png.097903ad5c

but not only on flags, it's also often used on mosque and minarets for this same reason (being symbol of islam):

Download.thumb.jpg.34072d94e99f839753bec

i dont know if he will make someone mad with this. but a transsexual (or whatever he identifies as) using such a symbol? i dont know... 

maybe it was suppossed to be a tribute to sailor moon, who knows. although the moon was always the other way around ( with the opening to the left). 

images.thumb.jpg.76043d8b0f4ef10b71ca3b5

but i mean.... he cant be that ignorant.... can he?

Edited by Nao_h

Posted

I actually think it's hilarious to see how they managed to get the symbol for Islam as their logo :haiplz:  As a Pakistani seeing this tho... honestly it's more funny than offensive, and I think that it's a bit of a reach to say it looks like the Pakistani flag because IMO it's looks more so like the symbol for Islam. Honestly, it just shows how ignorant he is and how he's blind to the world while in his own bubble.

Posted

he doesnt know its a symbol for anything. and quite frankly, dont think he'll care

Posted

he doesnt know its a symbol for anything. and quite frankly, dont think he'll care

no, because it's his symbol of course! He draw it with manny, it's so obvious pakistan copied them because they're oh so iconic, also his networth>theirs

:hoplz:

Posted

no, because it's his symbol of course! He draw it with manny, it's so obvious pakistan copied them because they're oh so iconic, also his networth>theirs

:hoplz:

And anyone who even MENTIONS this is disgusting and sad and a bully. He'll also block you, then post things about what he does with his money, 'cause who cares about criticism when you make enough money to buy a knock off bag just to cut it in half? But don't forget, he's humble, and we're just hateful c*nts to him.

IMG_5054.GIF

Posted

:amgplz:

Posted

Tbh I'm not sure it's worth getting worked up over as, even without knowing it's a symbol for islam, the moon/star placement is pretty generic. Which isn't surprising considering both Jeffree and Manny's logos are generic in and of themselves.....

Posted

Tbh I'm not sure it's worth getting worked up over as, even without knowing it's a symbol for islam, the moon/star placement is pretty generic. Which isn't surprising considering both Jeffree and Manny's logos are generic in and of themselves.....

True. I just think with all the hate and bullshit getting thrown at Muslims in the States right now, it's just not a good look for them. Accident or not, y'know? I'm not grabbing my pitchfork in rage with this, it's just an eye-roll worthy moment.

Posted

Moon and star symbols are a dime a dozen as the expression goes. He's not that smart to look up a country and rip off the flag. Doubt he even knows where it is on a map. He is just in original as always. And frankly it's a boring ass design