• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

heyitsfeiii

747 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by nicolette

Posted

I thought the egg looked runny in the thumbnail, so I just about lost it lol. Idk why, but it seriously irks me seeing people waste food on stuff like this. But back to fei- she's done weird trends videos in the past so I don't get why it's such a big deal to her channel now. See didn't seem as annoying in this though, although having to keep adjusting my volume got a bit irritating.

Posted

Posted

i did a quick google search and found out peptobismol is for digestive problems, isn't it? (correct me if im wrong)

she have to stop messing with her skin, it pains me and cringes the life out of me at the same time.

Posted (edited)

Edited by macaronpie

Posted

i did a quick google search and found out peptobismol is for digestive problems, isn't it? (correct me if im wrong)

she have to stop messing with her skin, it pains me and cringes the life out of me at the same time.

yes it is. its not available where i live. 

i mean its not that different from aspirin masks. if you look it up many sites recommend it for acne. i guess its okay, she said pores dont go away but i guess the coloring of pepto bismol stained her skin. 

Posted

I'm sorry to whoever is offended by this but she's a straight up idiot. Yes, continue putting shit on your face that is just harming it, especially in the long-run. I have no doubt that these stupid "DIYs" and products are not at all helping her skin to recover on top of other factors. Fei, listen to your skin and help it out, stop abusing it! And fyi, your pores can't magically open/close, tighten and untighten, lol, the size of your pores is the size of your pores. Just keep up maintenance on them regularly (NOT BY USING THOSE STUPID PORE STRIPS, METAL EXTRACTION TOOLS OR DUMB VIRAL TRENDS LIKE THIS) with BHA, clay masks, salicylic acid, etc.

Her videos get more and more dumb as her YT "career" goes on. And is it just me or does her voice get more and more grating the longer you watch her? I am a fan of kpop, more of just a casual fan these days, but gosh she does the most trying to insert it as much as she possibly can in her videos. Also that pepto bismol video reminded me why I really don't like circle lenses, yiiiiikes.

Posted

I thought it was weird during the video, I was sitting there going "why Pepto?" But now it makes sense with no explanation. "Another person did it and it went viral so I'll do it too!". Her sidetracking in this video really got under my skin, her little comments on the sides take up most of the video and drags it out instead of informing us on why Pepto, how long it dried and so on. You can have fun and humor in your videos, I don't mind, but it makes the products/beauty take a back seat. She needs to take her channel more seriously.

Posted

It makes me cringe at the amount of damage she's doing to her skin :melting: 

Is she aware of how hard it is for your skin to recover after consistently harming it like that???

Posted

Oh Fei, you're so stupid. 

"What do you want me to do? I'm just being honest with you."

Maybe you could start by not doing stupid shit such as constantly using peel-off masks and Pepto on your face. Your skin is already quite terrible and you are not doing it a favor by constantly tugging it and adding crap to it that I'm sure you haven't even patch tested. Also... Pores cannot open or close. You can minimize their appearance but not make them smaller. 

Ugh, watching her videos makes me boil inside. The amount of misinformation and stupidity is too much. 

Posted

Next video will be like "Remove PORES with BLEACH?! TESTING THE VIRAL TREND" "Getting rid of PIMPLES with ACID?? | WTF MY SKIN BLEEDING"

Posted (edited)

She hasn't done anything to make me despise her, or even dislike her. Although, I'd prefer not to watch her video, if someone showed me one of her videos my blood wouldn't boil with vexation or irritation. It's obvious her targeted audience are teenagers. She has who know how many videos about helping "teenage skin" and whatnot. I don't think she claims to be a professional, so the information (or lack thereof, rather) isn't bothersome. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. Aside from her videos, her Instagram has a very nice soft pastel aesthetic, and I think she would be able to help a lot of teenagers become more comfortable with their bodies.

That being said, I don't like nor dislike her. Her liking Korean music doesn't make her a Koreaboo in my book. The Pepto-Bismol thing is pretty weird, though.

Edited by timescape

Posted

Fei is just a typical bandwagon Youtuber in my opinion. 

She follows trends (such as using pepto as a facial mask because plenty of Youtubers have done it before) and pushes out as many videos on the trend as possible even though it's really not good for her/anyone. I understand that she's into skin related things and working to improve her own skin, but her videos aren't informative at all and it's hard to trust the things she says.
Plus I don't find her very funny or entertaining, it's like she tries a bit too hard to use slang to sound funny...if that makes any sense?

Posted

Jesus Fei. Just get some freakin' salicylic gel/toner/lotion/serum meant for skin instead of pepto. Review some acne products. There's a bajillion on the market.Take a fun trip to Ulta and have a blast while getting decent stuff. If she is obsessed with all things Korea Cosrx has some nice stuff. If her budget is tight skincare Youtubers have been trying The Ordinary line recently and she can get on the hype train while being kind to her skin.

Posted

She hasn't done anything to make me despise her, or even dislike her. Although, I'd prefer not to watch her video, if someone showed me one of her videos my blood wouldn't boil with vexation or irritation. It's obvious her targeted audience are teenagers. She has who know how many videos about helping "teenage skin" and whatnot. I don't think she claims to be a professional, so the information (or lack thereof, rather) isn't bothersome. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. Aside from her videos, her Instagram has a very nice soft pastel aesthetic, and I think she would be able to help a lot of teenagers become more comfortable with their bodies.

That being said, I don't like nor dislike her. Her liking Korean music doesn't make her a Koreaboo in my book. The Pepto-Bismol thing is pretty weird, though.

Yes she's not a professional but she shouldn't be making videos giving advice to people how to care for their skin when she literally has no understanding what is bad and shouldn't be done. A lot of the mistakes she's making could be easily avoided by doing a quick google search. But she doesn't care, as long as it's Korean and, usually, fairly new she will praise the product no matter what. Though I don't understand why would anyone take skincare advice from her when it's obvious her skin is not improving at all.

And she's not a koreaboo just because she likes Korean music. I've said it before in this thread but she has done some kboo shit and her obsession is obvious. Or at least she's faking that to be relatable to her kboo viewers