• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

heyitsfeiii

747 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't imagine being a non kpop fan and watching her... these jumpcuts to kpop songs is annoying (i can;t believe i said that. i listen to kpop so...)

I've heard some kpop I'm not a fan, but it's ok. But this video was painful to sit through. Between the jump cuts of kpop, her screeching and fake crying it was all sorts of annoying. I get the water's freezing, but don't say you prefer the cold then persist to screech and complain how cold it is. 

Posted

I've actually been watching this girl a lot more lately because I've been on a weird Korean beauty product kick.

I don't have an issue with her, but I do agree that her videos cater to a very niche audience which limits her potential viewership.  I understand that her entire channel is focused on Korea and Korean products, and that's fine, but the way she approaches her videos isn't great. The random singing/dancing to k-pop segments in her videos almost ruin them for me. Not enough that I won't watch her content, but they're grating from an outsider's perspective who doesn't care about k-pop or idols.

I also have to echo a lot of sentiments in this thread about her skin.  She needs to relax with the skincare products because they're making her situation worse, and it shows the lack of regard and priority she has for herself when she says that she's acting as a test subject so we don't have to. If the intent is to get us to buy the products she's testing, she's definitely missing the mark by not showing or having any visible improvements to her skin whatsoever.

She is doing something right though. I'm not a Koreaboo by any means -- I like the occasional k-drama and that's about it, I can't stand k-pop -- but she manages to keep me engaged and interested in watching her content, albeit I'll only watch whatever's in my suggested videos feed because I'm not subscribed to her and don't plan on doing so any time soon. (This may be because I'm kinda gross though because I like watching black head and pimple popping videos, lmao.)

Posted

personally i'm worried about whether or not her videos are actually helpful (i'm guessing that's her intention for reviewing all these skincare products, etc.) 

i don't have acne like she does but i do get breakouts here and there and i'd like to see products that actually work for people, but her skin doesn't seem to be getting any better??? there's probably several people with acne watching her videos, but not getting anything out of it (except maybe entertainment but she's pretty annoying imo) :// 

this is messy and confusing but i hope you can understand what i mean

Posted

Her content is so dull, doesn't matter if she has the brightest background or the brightest personality or thumbnail her videos are all the same ..  How to get rid of pores ,  50 facts about about things u didn't know   and kpop makeup tutorials that arnt even that good.  that's all she talks about. Maybe I might be wrong but seriously those are the only videos I see on her YouTube page lmao!  

Posted

I feel like Fei could make a lot of original video, but she fears people won't follow her anymore so she is just stuck in the same stuff over and over again. 

Posted (edited)

I agree, but she should come out of her comfort zone & just do different videos. I get that having views/clicks is important but trying different things every once in a while could also be good? The point of doing videos is to have fun while filming them & people commenting/engaging & you engaging back with them. At least that's what it used to be years ago. Again, YouTube is an actual, proper job for some but for others it's just a hobby & since she seems to be posting every day (?), so imma guess that she doesn't have another job besides YouTube? Not a bad thing, obviously. If you can make enough with just YouTube, then more power to you. It doesn't have to be all about __Things you didn't know about make up', about skin care, Kpop this, Kpop that, etc 

like honey, switch it up a little, don't be afraid of doing something different. We don't hate you, no one here hates you, we just want you to get better & not be afraid to do something different & just see that we're trying to help you, we're trying to give you ideas, we're not criticizing you. 

IMG_5536.GIF

Edited by Yoons

Posted

I feel like I can't necessarily blame fei for not having different content. YouTube has changed their policies so much that in recent years it's been increasingly difficult for smaller content creators to keep up, all they care about is watched minutes and interactions. And with channels like skincare/makeup, they're oversaturated as much as gaming channels are (even pewd and Mark are struggling RN). So trying to keep up with YouTube's environment doesn't allow any time for a beauty guru to fully review a product to judge how well it works past first impressions. As for feis content, I feel like non kpop fans would just be annoyed. If she maybe toned down the kpop, added some other music, maybe have some friends collaborate with her on products (especially if they have different skin types), and knock off her stupid jump cuts and little comments (like "cuz guuuurl you know it" etc it gets annoying fast) I think it'd really help her channel out. 

Posted

speaking of her content...

you guys i watched her collab with bapmokja and haeppy and legit surprised at how articulate she was compared to her OWN videos... i was like????? why does she act like a vapid bratty fangirl teen when she can act her age in another channel's video?? legit shook. i mean she can still keep the personality but at least speak and sound better in her own video... 

Posted

Fei is pretty boring. I've been noticing alot of hmong girls being the biggest koreaboos :alpacafedup:

Posted

Most of the comments I see on her videos revolve around the kpop songs she uses or the picture of that one guy. They're almost never about the content in the video. So maybe her subscribers don't really care "cuz it's kpop OMG". Does she delete/monitor comments?

Posted (edited)

Edited by moonless

Posted

long time lurker here and ok wow i made an account just to agree with you. i'm hmong too and honestly, the amount of hmong girls obsessed with korean culture and love to fetishsize koreans is so high i feel ill. i just don't understand?????? our culture is pretty damn cool too and i'm not saying hmong girls are limited to only loving the culture we were born with it's just saddening how they forget our own and try to replace it with a romanticized and idealized version of another ethnicity's. :(( my sister is a HUGE koreaboo too (likes to call things "korean-looking," gets excited when she thinks she sees another korean, etc) and no matter how hard i try to convince her how wrong it is to put a whole group of people on a pedestal, she tells me i'm just being judgmental. ? HOW- 

anyway it seems that fei is just another insecure hmong girl which is honestly really strange bc most hmong girls grow out of that self hating phase by the time they reach their twenties. guess it's not the same for everyone. 

I totally agree with you! I'm hmong too and I used to be so into kpop when I was younger and in Highschool but as I grow older I start to realize about how wrong it is to fetishsize/romanticize korean ppl. And I correct and educate myself but it seems like Fei doesn't care. I feel like she makes her content about korean make up/kpop/skincare/etc because she knows she'll get a lot of views from koreaboos. 

Posted

I don't understand why you guys are so horribly rude and mean on this thread? Hasn't anybody ever made fun of you? Made you feel bad? There isn't anything more shallow than a person's existence hiding behind a computer screen and anonymous name used to bash a person. Please, upload a video of yourself, of your acne, and of your chubby face so you can judge with a fair mind. I will stand up against unfairness and people being horrible human beings. So what if she's a koreaboo or she appreciates a niche of culture? Does it affect you? Are you going to die? Don't like it? Don't watch. If you personally don't know Feii or any blogger in that case, why do you write about them. Is it somehow making your self esteem and confidence higher? You guys or anyone participating in bashing others like this should be ASHAMED of yourself. We don't need people like you. It's people like you that cause others to commit suicide, spiral into depression, and feel horrible. If you're no beauty queen, please don't judge. Do what makes your soul shine, not what darkens it. Do you really have no conscience, it's not making you look cool it makes you look petty and cruel and evil. This isn't high school anymore, grow up and get a life. Be a good person and karma will reward you. Remember, if the words you spoke were written on you, would you still be beautiful?  

Posted

I don't understand why you guys are so horribly rude and mean on this thread? Hasn't anybody ever made fun of you? Made you feel bad? There isn't anything more shallow than a person's existence hiding behind a computer screen and anonymous name used to bash a person. Please, upload a video of yourself, of your acne, and of your chubby face so you can judge with a fair mind. I will stand up against unfairness and people being horrible human beings. So what if she's a koreaboo or she appreciates a niche of culture? Does it affect you? Are you going to die? Don't like it? Don't watch. If you personally don't know Feii or any blogger in that case, why do you write about them. Is it somehow making your self esteem and confidence higher? You guys or anyone participating in bashing others like this should be ASHAMED of yourself. We don't need people like you. It's people like you that cause others to commit suicide, spiral into depression, and feel horrible. If you're no beauty queen, please don't judge. Do what makes your soul shine, not what darkens it. Do you really have no conscience, it's not making you look cool it makes you look petty and cruel and evil. This isn't high school anymore, grow up and get a life. Be a good person and karma will reward you. Remember, if the words you spoke were written on you, would you still be beautiful?  

Hi , Feii or a huge whiteknight. 

She's a koreaboo, no doubt. It just makes her look cringy and immature. Maybe if she toned down all the WOAH KOREAN BEAUTY or WOAH KPOP SO COOL then maybe jjussstt maybe the koreaboo and cringe comments wouldnt appear so often. Fetishzing a country and a certain type of people is actually quite harmful and objectifies them. 

I'm assuming you didn't read some comments. Specifically Yoons. We don't hate Feii, we criticize the amount of lacking in her content. And I enjoy how you assume everyone here is fat and acne ridden. I want to ask you, do you realize you're being hypocritical? You're saying that we are awful people,horrible human beings, and then you preach kindness? Give me a break. 

Remember if the words YOU wrote (specifically and I quote: "Please, upload a video of yourself, of your acne, and of your chubby face so you can judge with a fair mind", "You guys or anyone participating in bashing others like this should be ASHAMED of yourself.", "We don't need people like you. It's people like you that cause others to commit suicide, spiral into depression, and feel horrible." , " Do you really have no conscience, it's not making you look cool it makes you look petty and cruel and evil." , and "and people being horrible human beings")  were written on you, would YOU still be beautiful? Don't come here and try to act all high and mighty when you're just a hypocrite. 

Sorry for the OT this whiteknight and or feii really annoyed me with the preaching kindness bullshit

Posted

her giving beauty advice wouldn't be a problem if we actually saw her skin improving over time (example edward avila) but in her case it's obvious she doesn't know what she's doing and is only doing it for the money. and i agree some of her advice might really ruin others skin

Im so glad you brought this up!! as a dermatology student and someone who works in the industry, I cant STAND her content. besides the koreaboo shit, alot of the products and regimes she promotes are awful for your skin and damage it over time. just because a product comes from korea doesn't mean its a holy grail find.