• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

heyitsfeiii

742 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She also had a v-line mask demo that wound up breaking open some pimples. Guh.....if she can't afford facials then I wonder how her insurance would cover a dermatologist visit. They can lance pimples or inject them with a steroid. Ripping open the lesions with unsuitable products horrifies me.

She's a fairly popular youtuber, so I imagine she does pull in a decent amount of money. Personally I don't know if she's been to the dermatologist before or what they've advised for her, but with how severe some of it is I'm sure it would cost a pretty penny for several treatments.

As for that V line mask, I don't mean this in a mean way but her jaw is too wide for it. Her ears were getting so red and it looked painful for them to try and hold that on. Is it possible the mask was so tight that it put on too much pressure and crushed her pimples then?

Then had the audacity to say she didn't see a huge payoff from it, WELL OF COURSE NOT IN THE FIRST USE! You'd think a beauty guru would know that some products take several uses or months varying for actual results.

Edited by Axlotl

Posted

is it me or is she tanner in the thumbnail...?

Posted

is it me or is she tanner in the thumbnail...?

I think she over exaggerated her face color tbh. She said the foundation was too tan but it seemed to match in the video??? idk, I'm new to makeup lol.

Also the foundation looked kinda cakey tho imo. 

Posted (edited)

^ ah i should have put a disclaimer. i usually dont watch her videos. (not right away) 

i am actually used to feii using the typical korean makeup base --like lighter than your skintone so the change is kind of throwing me off...

EDIT-- SO i watched the video. skipped a few times and gurl it did match her... also yup it looks cakey. and... yeah. also props to her for reviewing a product that is noy korean? yeah...

Edited by trixchia

Posted

She said it was "too tan" for her skin but it looks way better than the ghost-like bb cream/cushion/foundation she tries out or uses. I find it funny she says the $65 price tag isn't worth it when she buys so many stupid products to test out.

Posted (edited)

To me it looks like it's a shade darker once it settles, but she doesn't look like a ghost. She did mention that she did layer it in a couple spots so maybe that's why it looks a little cakey. But I do agree with the person above me on how she made the price an issue. She did say she liked the product but not 65$ liked it (which is fine 65 for foundation is pretty steep imo) I wish she would've been more unbiased saying something like "I do like it, but it's expensive. If you feel like it'd be worth it go for it." Instead of dismissing it because of the price. But based off of some of the products she reviews they're on average 10-80$ on memebox or wish, so it just makes less sense.

Edited by Axlotl

Posted

To me it looks like it's a shade darker once it settles, but she doesn't look like a ghost. She did mention that she did layer it in a couple spots so maybe that's why it looks a little cakey. But I do agree with the person above me on how she made the price an issue. She did say she liked the product but not 65$ liked it (which is fine 65 for foundation is pretty steep imo) I wish she would've been more unbiased saying something like "I do like it, but it's expensive. If you feel like it'd be worth it go for it." Instead of dismissing it because of the price. But based off of some of the products she reviews they're on average 10-80$ on memebox or wish, so it just makes less sense.

The price doesn't matter to her if it's Korean

Posted

^ hope you didn't misunderstand me. I wasn't defending her because i still think she's a koreaboo (which is ironic because,,, yeah I'm a kpop fan) but yeah... I doubt homegurl reads here. she needs makeup advice from strangers how amusing since she's the youtube guru... supposedly.

I don't think it's ironic at all... I feel like a lot of people in this thread maybe misunderstood.

Please don't bash me, I don't follow this girl at all, all I know of her is up to page 4 on this thread but just liking kpop, going to Korean concerts and trying Korean products doesn't make you a koreaboo. I'm not white knighting because again, I really know nothing of this girl. But people can be interested in the pop culture and beauty culture of other places without wanting to be a part of that culture, I personally think that's what's defining of a Koreaboo. I myself am learning Korean, like some Korean artists (I mean, my account name is Min Yoongi AHAHAH) and will watch Korean shows from time to time, but I'm still wholly in love with my Caribbean and Indian descent and I would not change it for anything. I may be wrong for saying this in relation to Fei but I felt like from reading the first few pages she's been donned as a koreaboo just from seeing kpop artists live and reacting to their videos. 

However, I can see how her donning herself as an advocate for Korean skincare might be problematic when she seems to not really know what she's doing, but I'm not sure if she's a koreaboo for it, maybe she's just guilty of being a little overly obsessed with it? But I'll continue to read the thread because I still don't really know about this girl.

Posted

I don't think it's ironic at all... I feel like a lot of people in this thread maybe misunderstood.

Please don't bash me, I don't follow this girl at all, all I know of her is up to page 4 on this thread but just liking kpop, going to Korean concerts and trying Korean products doesn't make you a koreaboo. I'm not white knighting because again, I really know nothing of this girl. But people can be interested in the pop culture and beauty culture of other places without wanting to be a part of that culture, I personally think that's what's defining of a Koreaboo. I myself am learning Korean, like some Korean artists (I mean, my account name is Min Yoongi AHAHAH) and will watch Korean shows from time to time, but I'm still wholly in love with my Caribbean and Indian descent and I would not change it for anything. I may be wrong for saying this in relation to Fei but I felt like from reading the first few pages she's been donned as a koreaboo just from seeing kpop artists live and reacting to their videos. 

However, I can see how her donning herself as an advocate for Korean skincare might be problematic when she seems to not really know what she's doing, but I'm not sure if she's a koreaboo for it, maybe she's just guilty of being a little overly obsessed with it? But I'll continue to read the thread because I still don't really know about this girl.

Trust me it's not just her liking korean entertainment why we call her a koreaboo (I myself am a fan of kpop too (and I also love Min Yoongi haha) so I wouldn't call a person who likes it as well a kboo) and granted she's not as 'bad' as other where they start claiming they are korean etc but she is one. I haven't watched her for a while so I can't really give you specific examples since I don't remember and don't want to watch her videos again but just the way she carries herself.... She's obsessed with korea

Posted (edited)

wow. she looks like she's less than 150cm???

Edited by qixiao8

Posted

wow. she looks like she's less than 150cm???

i think she is taller than 150, she's just standing next to fairly "tall" guys (idk i though bapmokja and haeppy were kinda tall or at least avg for men). Also she is a bit curvier so it makes her look shorter (versus someone her height but "thinner") (im not trying to body shame!!!!!!!)

Posted

Liking kpop and being interested in the culture, language or the country itself is fine. However, I've never seen her affirming or denying her heritage. It's always Korea this Korea that. Also, most of the product she tried that "works" for her (even though it doesn't because her skin is still bad and her foundation makes her ghostly) are Korean or some click baity Asian stuffs. She doesn't take advise to try certain American or European skin product that'll help her skin also. So yeah I'd call her a Koreaboo. Also, if you make other people cringe about your obsession I guess that's kinda koreaboo ish? But go do what you love lol it's just a label and no one is directly calling you a koreaboo 😛

Posted

okay. you are right. it's nice being corrected about this tho, made me realize things.

but I digress she is koreaboo-ISH like she's almost there. a big part is using korean words randomly--granted I don't remember specific instances but I can't be bothered on going and watching her videos again because the cringe is too strong it's like bathing in really cold water or something.

also to the person who said she has not acknowledged her ethnicity. I think she has, in that depression/giveaway (i know...) video. now that I think about it she never said she was hmong until she made people know on twitter that she read on here.. funny very funny

Posted

Trust me it's not just her liking korean entertainment why we call her a koreaboo (I myself am a fan of kpop too (and I also love Min Yoongi haha) so I wouldn't call a person who likes it as well a kboo) and granted she's not as 'bad' as other where they start claiming they are korean etc but she is one. I haven't watched her for a while so I can't really give you specific examples since I don't remember and don't want to watch her videos again but just the way she carries herself.... She's obsessed with korea

I think i'm more understanding of that through reading the thread more , thank you!

okay. you are right. it's nice being corrected about this tho, made me realize things.

but I digress she is koreaboo-ISH like she's almost there. a big part is using korean words randomly--granted I don't remember specific instances but I can't be bothered on going and watching her videos again because the cringe is too strong it's like bathing in really cold water or something.

also to the person who said she has not acknowledged her ethnicity. I think she has, in that depression/giveaway (i know...) video. now that I think about it she never said she was hmong until she made people know on twitter that she read on here.. funny very funny

aaaa the random korean words is a little pet peeve of mine i must admit

Posted

I can't imagine being a non kpop fan and watching her... these jumpcuts to kpop songs is annoying (i can;t believe i said that. i listen to kpop so...)

god. why doesn't she pour the powder in a container? like those loose powders with the "sifter" type containers...

i'm not a makeup expert but i watch my fair share of "guru" and one thing I learned over the years is that there are no rules to makeup. following (and subsequently not liking) makeup rules just kills creativity for me...

and this video is like just a bunch of rules...SMH