• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

heyitsfeiii

744 posts in this topic

Posted

Her new video on the foundation...thing is if your skin is bad in the first place, the first step is to improve it before you put on makeup, pilling it on will accentuate your skin texture

and also, i thought u r suppose to put on primer before foundation? 

Posted

and also, i thought u r suppose to put on primer before foundation? 

For the credit, she did moisturize and put her primer on (primer only on her left side though, for comparison). I think it's just the bad combination of her skin texture + foundation that fails her, and bad skincare. She shows how the foundation make her dry patches visible, but she has a naturally oily skin, and normally dry patches won't happen unless she has stripped down all those oils with strong cleansers....

Posted

For the credit, she did moisturize and put her primer on (primer only on her left side though, for comparison). I think it's just the bad combination of her skin texture + foundation that fails her, and bad skincare. She shows how the foundation make her dry patches visible, but she has a naturally oily skin, and normally dry patches won't happen unless she has stripped down all those oils with strong cleansers....

oh i see, thank you for telling me.

Posted

Oh my lord, if that is true with the cleanser thing, her knowledge on skin care is as advanced as a 14 year starting those things, whoever took her skincare advices will end up looking like her

Posted

Or the dry patches are on areas she's been spot treating. A lot of targeted treatments that work quickly to kill the infection have the downside of drying the skin. Though I agree that gentle cleansing is always good, even if you're oily.

Posted

She made it into a buzzfeed article about skin care products lol. 

Screenshot_20170310-162625.png

Posted

She made it into a buzzfeed article about skin care products lol. 

Screenshot_20170310-162625.png

When will people understand that these nose strips are seriously damaging to the skin.😒 "Blackheads" don't you mean sebaceous filaments, lol.

Posted

When will people understand that these nose strips are seriously damaging to the skin.😒 "Blackheads" don't you mean sebaceous filaments, lol.

I think I understand why Fei keeps doing them. She doesn't seem to have those really nasty black heads, just that same little yellow/white stuff (sebum?). I know it's because she has oily and acne prone skin, but I wonder how she could correct that without using the strips or exfoliating so much? :alpacaworry: 

Posted (edited)

legit rolled my eyes at K-beauty hacks 

K! 

/triggered/

also just because she's using concealer under her CUSHION doesn't mean its fucking korean. 

Edited by trixchia

Posted (edited)

With how many of these nose and face peels she's done I'm surprised her skin isn't worse off. I'm sure it had to have irritated her acne, but also stripped so much of off her nose I'm surprised it isn't raw basically. But in the videos I've seen at least, she doesn't really have blackheads? So aside from views she's really just damaging her skin for no reason. She'd probably* be fine with some oil blotting papers, warm water, and a gentle scrub.

Edit: her video on kbeauty hacks some things seem a bit off to me. Why would she put blush on before foundation? You can barely see it to begin with so I don't get why in that order. And the burnt stick seems a bit hazardous if you don't know what you're doing, truthfully I'd like to know if there's any long term effects doing that to your lashes for a long period of time.

Edited by Axlotl

Posted

I've noticed that she's using a lot of foam cleansers and those are so bad for oily skin. From personal experience even when I use a stronger cleanser (which I try not to but sometimes it just happens) I can make up for it by using a richer moisturiser and serum but when I tried foaming cleanser my skin felt so dry no matter how many moisturising products I used.. Until it started producing a ton of natural oils and it was such a mess. She really doesn't know (or doesn't care) what she's doing.

About the dry patches though it can happen even without that. Again I have naturally oily skin and try to take good care of it but I sometimes do get some dry patches like when I don't drink enough water... So it can happen even without harsh cleansers etc but it's more from... not healthy lifestyle? i guess

Posted

legit rolled my eyes at K-beauty hacks 

K! 

/triggered/

also just because she's using concealer under her CUSHION doesn't mean its fucking korean. 

she's turned into such a koreaboo now it's so annoying... i used to like her when i was into kpop as well but i don't even like it anymore. everything she does she wants it to have something to do with korea 

Posted

It's hypocritical of her that she tries to give beauty advice when her skin is so bad, even editing doesn't make it look good. She just seems money/attention-hungry, but some naive teenagers may actually take her advice and ruin their own skin.

Posted

It's hypocritical of her that she tries to give beauty advice when her skin is so bad, even editing doesn't make it look good. She just seems money/attention-hungry, but some naive teenagers may actually take her advice and ruin their own skin.

her giving beauty advice wouldn't be a problem if we actually saw her skin improving over time (example edward avila) but in her case it's obvious she doesn't know what she's doing and is only doing it for the money. and i agree some of her advice might really ruin others skin

Posted

her giving beauty advice wouldn't be a problem if we actually saw her skin improving over time (example edward avila) but in her case it's obvious she doesn't know what she's doing and is only doing it for the money. and i agree some of her advice might really ruin others skin

Exactly. I enjoy YouTubers who give product reviews based on a skincare journey. What has helped, what hasn't. It helps other people get ideas to try themselves. Why would someone get acne advice from someone showing no noticeable improvement? 

She also had a v-line mask demo that wound up breaking open some pimples. Guh.....if she can't afford facials then I wonder how her insurance would cover a dermatologist visit. They can lance pimples or inject them with a steroid. Ripping open the lesions with unsuitable products horrifies me.