• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

heyitsfeiii

744 posts in this topic

Posted

@Momo Kisaragi  That's actually how I wound up finding this girl. I'm a sucker for nose strip removal. :P

Posted

the fuck? holy shit is right...

also "been a while since a product review"? girl, no... I see tons recommended to me and they're relatively new.

high quality product? uhm no offense but didn't she just say that literally seconds after opening the box?

she says products don't cause her acne... i guess? it's her skin anyway so... maybe it's true

that products looks extremely drying... i'm not sure its advisable for people with oily acne prone skin and sensitive skin to use. looks like it will exacerbate acne more. same with products she keeps on using and presenting on her channel. 

Posted

also "been a while since a product review"? girl, no... I see tons recommended to me and they're relatively new.

high quality product? uhm no offense but didn't she just say that literally seconds after opening the box?

she says products don't cause her acne... i guess? it's her skin anyway so... maybe it's true

that products looks extremely drying... i'm not sure its advisable for people with oily acne prone skin and sensitive skin to use. looks like it will exacerbate acne more. same with products she keeps on using and presenting on her channel. 

That thumbnail looks like something out of a sci-fi thriller...horrifying:amgplz:

Posted

Yeah, how she cares for her skin really bugs me. I wish she'd see a dermatologist for something medicated and then an aesthetician for product recommendations. 

A face mask like that over acne seems like a really bad idea. I don't think I can watch this video. I'm not prepared to cringe atm. Is this another Asian product? She seems to have a bit of a bias concerning where her skincare comes from.

Posted

well she said it's been a while since she was excited for a review and it was her last capsule? at least that's what she's saying so she did try it out 3 other times before that and would be able to say if it's high quality or not.. but it looks like a sponsored vid so who knows

also yeah the product doesn't seem like it works well with that kind of skin but i'm not surprised since a lot of the products she tries out are like that. maybe she doesn't even know it's not good for her 

Posted (edited)

In her most recent vlog, she organizes all her makeup and skincare into drawers and I'm just thinking... that's probably why your acne isn't clearing as well as it should be? NO ONE needs a drawer dedicated to all the face masks and pore peels they have... Is she even aware of when each product expires? And those mud masks will dry out because she has soooooooo many of them.

Instead of keeping them, throw them out. You know you're not gonna use it. Organize all the stuff you actually use, even if every once in awhile, then dump the rest.

Edited by bud

Posted

i think her skin problem is caused by what she's eating (or even hormonal), which regardless what product you use it can't be easily cured

Posted

i think her skin problem is caused by what she's eating (or even hormonal), which regardless what product you use it can't be easily cured

not being condescending (well, maybe a little)... she can fix that tho. if she's tried everything maybe it's time for isotretonoin. or she can stop the mukbangs. 

Posted

I don't particularly like beauty vloggers for the main reason that they don't allow hardly any time to let the product run its course. I'll watch some for first impressions but that's really about it. But they can't be all at fault since YouTube's climate is getting more hostile for smaller YouTubers.

I don't know what her stable skin and acne routine is, but it doesn't look like it's really improving. Her videos kinda irritate me, so idk if she does see a dermatologist nor if she reviews just products for oily and acne prone skin, or just anything as long as it's Korean? (I have pretty dry and sensitive skin, so it's been difficult to take an opinion of someone with the complete opposite). Although I'll admit memebox has been such a godsend for me lol.

Posted

not being condescending (well, maybe a little)... she can fix that tho. if she's tried everything maybe it's time for isotretonoin. or she can stop the mukbangs. 

ye. i feel sorry for her skin like it looks so irritated already then she's just dumping all these (as long as) asian products on her face for views. some youtubers have acne prone skin too like edward avila, but if you compare his old vids to recent ones, his skin at least improved..

and fei's thumbnails are just horrible it looks like a pewdiepie edit

Posted

I don't particularly like beauty vloggers for the main reason that they don't allow hardly any time to let the product run its course. I'll watch some for first impressions but that's really about it. But they can't be all at fault since YouTube's climate is getting more hostile for smaller YouTubers.

I don't know what her stable skin and acne routine is, but it doesn't look like it's really improving. Her videos kinda irritate me, so idk if she does see a dermatologist nor if she reviews just products for oily and acne prone skin, or just anything as long as it's Korean? (I have pretty dry and sensitive skin, so it's been difficult to take an opinion of someone with the complete opposite). Although I'll admit memebox has been such a godsend for me lol.

I don't really keep up with her but when I do watch a couple of videos it looks like she's using products as long as they're Korean not caring if it's for her skin of not. I have oily skin but not acne prone and even for me it's hard to find products that work well. Acne prone skin would be even more harder to take care and looking at her old videos it doesn't look like her skin's improving...

(also Morgan from thebeautybreakdown has dry skin and is a kbeauty youtuber and I follow her she seems pretty trustworthy so if you don't know her you can check her out!) 

Posted

I don't really keep up with her but when I do watch a couple of videos it looks like she's using products as long as they're Korean not caring if it's for her skin of not. I have oily skin but not acne prone and even for me it's hard to find products that work well. Acne prone skin would be even more harder to take care and looking at her old videos it doesn't look like her skin's improving...

(also Morgan from thebeautybreakdown has dry skin and is a kbeauty youtuber and I follow her she seems pretty trustworthy so if you don't know her you can check her out!) 

the thing with her and some other guru out there is that they have different priorities from people not doing youtube videos. to her reviewing this new ~*korean*~ product is more important than having her skin calm down for longer periods of time. 

i mean... i guess short term, youtube seems amazing but i don't see it as a long term source of income. what if she runs out of content to post or just eventually get tired of doing youtube? she's left with all these ~*korean*~ products but her skin isn't any better. feii jumped the mukbang and vlogging bandwagon recently as well and mukbangs generally don't treat tempermental skin well... 

Posted (edited)

Being honest Korean products are a hit or miss still, but the ones that work really do help my skin. Just a lot of US products I've tried irritated my skin or just felt awful and didn't do much. Yeah the kbeauty tends to get overhyped, but she just goes "hey this is new! Oh it's for dry skin? Who cares it Korean!" And to me doesn't bode for her channel well. It would be better if she solely focused on stuff for oily and acne prone skin vs just buying something for the sake of views.

I watch Morgan occasionally I could've sworn she said she had oily skin...

Edited by Axlotl

Posted

I understand why she's doing this (because it gives her the views and money) but there's plenty of Korean skincare for acne prone skin. If she just focused on that she could be doing reviews and making her skin better. But she instead decides to just review anything that's new and cool which I guess brings in more views, if the product is 'the hype' at the moment. But her credibility goes down. Then again her followers mostly are koreaboos from what I've seen (or just people who don't know better) so do they even care. Also I don't think she knows what she wants to do with her channel. She just wants to get that youtube money. Like she does reaction videos, other kpop related videos, kbeauty reviews, mukbangs, she even started those annoying 'hack' videos (I really can't stand those I don't understand why people watch them and I see that one of her makeup hack videos has almost 3mln views which is surprising for her channel)

Posted

Her new video on the foundation...thing is if your skin is bad in the first place, the first step is to improve it before you put on makeup, pilling it on will accentuate your skin texture