85 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been lurking in Guru Gossiper for the past few days and I noticed that a lot of people have a lot of doubt (for a lack of better term) over his girlfriend, Amy. Though some of the criticisms are too microscopic or too harsh, especially from the older members who got a little out of hand with their criticisms, I do agree with the general idea that there's something about her that's... off. Maybe she's just awkward. Or maybe it's because she's just a simple girl who got the attention of millions of teenage girls wanting to be like her in order to get Mark to like them (or someone like Mark).

Got any thoughts?

Posted

I've been lurking in Guru Gossiper for the past few days and I noticed that a lot of people have a lot of doubt (for a lack of better term) over his girlfriend, Amy. Though some of the criticisms are too microscopic or too harsh, especially from the older members who got a little out of hand with their criticisms, I do agree with the general idea that there's something about her that's... off. Maybe she's just awkward. Or maybe it's because she's just a simple girl who got the attention of millions of teenage girls wanting to be like her in order to get Mark to like them (or someone like Mark).

Got any thoughts?

I haven't noticed anything off about her? I know Mark gradually began showing Amy in his videos more and more so maybe Amy just wants to keep quiet so she won't upset the fans? which to me wouldn't make much sense since most people in the comments already like Amy but maybe Mark doesn't want his fans to think he's "that" kind of channel where the person he's dating is in all of his videos. Other than that it does seem a bit weird that they barely communicate in videos and this makes it seem like Mark still doesn't want to show people that he's in a relationship which is a bit disheartening. Also I haven't seen anyone wanting to be like her? Mostly everyone I see that mentions her is just "shipping" her with Mark and saying that they really like her which is kinda weird because we know next to nothing about her... 

Posted

I don't get why people claim all he does is yell now. I've been rewatching his old 2012(his starting year) SCP videos, and with horror he yells all the time back then, too. Like some of his newer ones I've noticed him actually talking more normally than he did in those, at least(like even in Subnautica).

Posted

I haven't noticed anything off about her? I know Mark gradually began showing Amy in his videos more and more so maybe Amy just wants to keep quiet so she won't upset the fans? which to me wouldn't make much sense since most people in the comments already like Amy but maybe Mark doesn't want his fans to think he's "that" kind of channel where the person he's dating is in all of his videos. Other than that it does seem a bit weird that they barely communicate in videos and this makes it seem like Mark still doesn't want to show people that he's in a relationship which is a bit disheartening. Also I haven't seen anyone wanting to be like her? Mostly everyone I see that mentions her is just "shipping" her with Mark and saying that they really like her which is kinda weird because we know next to nothing about her... 

Yeah he still pulls off the fan service card, but at least this time he's honest about Amy and their relationship.

And what I meant by fans wanting to be her is they try to imitate her style, memes, etc. Only because she's Mark's girlfriend. My wording is bad, I meant the fans want to be like her. And I agree it's weird because we barely know anything about her, yet we have these fans worshipping her to the ground. Teenagers LMAO.

Posted

I saw a video uploaded from his tour and it actually looks really good. Mark has always been very creative so I have no doubt that it was very entertaining for the fans but in the short clip I saw, of course takes his shirt off for the fangirls.... I feel like he caters too much to them and it just brings younger fangirls in. not that younger fangirls are bad but mark's fandom has always been mature and levelheaded but when younger people come into play, sometimes they're very immature like hating on Amy for no reason. Other than that, I really wish I could've gone to Mark's show but none of them were near me :(

Posted

Yea, especially now with the recent videos/posts. Am I the only one who feels like she's a bit fishy? She seems a little suspicious, like she's going to hurt Mark, but of course, me just being a "petty little fan of his", I can't prove anything.

Posted

Yea, especially now with the recent videos/posts. Am I the only one who feels like she's a bit fishy? She seems a little suspicious, like she's going to hurt Mark, but of course, me just being a "petty little fan of his", I can't prove anything.

Well I can't prove anything and she doesn't seem that bad. But it's proven she contradicts herself a lot. For instance, she claimed she wants to keep the relationship private when she announced it. Next thing you know, she goes really public with it. Then she mentioned wanting to stay out of Youtube because "it's Mark's thing" or something like that, but later on creates a Youtube channel herself while working for her boyfriend's channel. Change isn't bad but I just think she's too fickle minded or that her actions don't match her claims.

Posted

He seems nice but :/ his videos started to annoy me. So I began watching Achievement Hunter and Jacksepticeye

Posted

Well I can't prove anything and she doesn't seem that bad. But it's proven she contradicts herself a lot. For instance, she claimed she wants to keep the relationship private when she announced it. Next thing you know, she goes really public with it. Then she mentioned wanting to stay out of Youtube because "it's Mark's thing" or something like that, but later on creates a Youtube channel herself while working for her boyfriend's channel. Change isn't bad but I just think she's too fickle minded or that her actions don't match her claims.

Wait she has her own channel now?? What's her channel name?

Posted

Wait she has her own channel now?? What's her channel name?

It Planet Peebles. It isn't that.... interrsting.

Posted (edited)

I really like the cooking/challenge videos he does with Tyler and Ethan. The pizza one was funny when he told the story of his dad and the "stove", if the story's true or a bit msg'd I dunno, but it's funny all the same.

Edited by lo.nely

Posted (edited)

Updating this thread because there's something interesting going on in Guru Gossip.

So Amy posted a video of her doing pottery on Instagram. Some commented on her boobs but nobody there insulted her AFAIK. Then somewhere else, someone was talking to their friends on Twitter about some random they knew who posted a pic with the boobs hanging out. They called that random out through their subtweet thread. Then all of a sudden, Amy pops in their convo, thinking the tweet re: boobs is about her.

One of the people in that thread confirmed in GG that they were talking about someone else that is not Amy. Also it only happens that at least one of the participants in the thread watch Mark. But there's no mention of him or her or anyone at all in the thread. Is Amy actually looking through the entire Internet to check on comments about her? And is she going to make everything about her even when it's confirmed that it's not?

Edited by TeeAviwecht

Posted

Updating this thread because there's something interesting going on in Guru Gossip.

So Amy posted a video of her doing pottery on Instagram. Some commented on her boobs but nobody there insulted her AFAIK. Then somewhere else, someone was talking to their friends on Twitter about some random they knew who posted a pic with the boobs hanging out. They called that random out through their subtweet thread. Then all of a sudden, Amy pops in their convo, thinking the tweet re: boobs is about her.

One of the people in that thread confirmed in GG that they were talking about someone else that is not Amy. Also it only happens that at least one of the participants in the thread watch Mark. But there's no mention of him or her or anyone at all in the thread. Is Amy actually looking through the entire Internet to check on comments about her? And is she going to make everything about her even when it's confirmed that it's not?

yikes

Amy should do herself a favor and stop snooping around. She's gonna make a fool of herself. It does her no good to be around gossip sites...especially when she prematurely jumps into accusations. Rip. 

Posted (edited)

yikes

Amy should do herself a favor and stop snooping around. She's gonna make a fool of herself. It does her no good to be around gossip sites...especially when she prematurely jumps into accusations. Rip. 

Amy didn't go to Guru Gossip, but the conversation she butted in was on Twitter. But yes, I do agree she shouldn't go assuming things are about her when his fans talk about one random topic. But Amy is indeed aware of Guru Gossip, and often refers to the website mockingly. She does this without directly mentioning them, but hints at some things the posters talk about her from time to time. The GG users lampshaded this already a couple of times. 

IMO going deep in the web just so she could look for comments about her makes her seem egotistic. It's sad and unproductive if she even assumes Mark's fans talk about her 24/7 even without mentioning her (user)name or Mark's.

EDIT: Oh okay, guys apparently there is/was a hate account going on Instagram called fuckamyplier. Apparently Amy and her fans found it, and responded. Nothing new, really, but I think it proves that Amy is someone who'd go all the way to search herself on the Internet and find anything said against her just because.

Edited by TeeAviwecht

Posted (edited)

He's coming to europe soon, and I bought a ticket as soon as I heard since I don't know if he's coming back and I don't want to miss this chance (was the same with the Game Grumps and, believe it or not, it was an amazing experience. Or it's just me being a dork.). I don't follow him religiously, but does anyone know if he ever made an official statement about touring europe? I learned about this from my friend who stumbled upon those news through the site that sold the tickets. 
I know it's such a minor thing, but I'd honestly feel a bit confused and disappointed if he didn't. He doesn't even have any events up.

Edited by boopa