• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Markiplier

41 posts in this topic

Posted

I honestly totally agree with you. I was obsessed with Mark too and watched his videos religiously and never ever forget to leave a nice comment and like. I still really adore him but Im not as obsessed with him as before. 

About Mark being "rude" to his friends...to some people, it maybe just friends being friends cause you know, we don't really know their friendship outside utube. But honestly, sometimes I feel like he's being too aggressive to the point where the other person doesn't talk much and just laughs awkwardly. It's the sole reason why I never watch videos of him and his friends. Sometimes the conversation tilts towards Mark and watching him scream and talk over his friends is uncomfortable. 

As much as I like Mark's content, the stuff he uploads these days are over the top, exaggerated screaming and cursing. So fucking annoying. I remember when he used to crack really funny jokes but now, all he does is curse loudly or call himself names to be funny. I rarely rewatch his newer content. I can't stand to watch the second time because it's so annoying. Im basically keeping my love for Mark alive by watching past videos and lying to myself. 

I KNOOOOW, right?!?! In the FNAF video, Mark spend like a whole hour talking and talking and talking, oh man! He even said that Tyler indeed did some nice observations, but then it came back to him talking and talking and zzZzZzZzZzZ
That's how I feel too! His old content shows some softer and actually good side of him, now it seems he's just pretending... That's super sad.

I can also remember in the Undertale livestream, the bit I catched, and Mark was searching for some door to open with the Mistery Key he bought from Bratty and Catty. EVERYONE on chat was literally SCREAMING, I swear to god I could hear people in my head like SHOUTING to him "go to napstablook's house! the key it's from there!!!" and he absolutely ignored the fact. Actually, I think he ignored the chat in all his livestreams lol what's the point of doing a livestream if you're not going to participate with your subscribers in the chat? Because idk, "spoilers"? Bitch, you played this game like almost a YEAR after it came and you're afraid to take SPOILERS? Just uugghh i'm not interested in him that much anymore.

The only props I give to him is that he still play games, though.
You know
It's a gaming channel
So he play games. Doesn't troll anybody by saying he's going to delete the channel *cof cof* pewds *cof cof*

Posted (edited)

I don't mind his current style of videos even if I don't watch them as frequently. I originally subbed to him when he was around 500k or less on the markipliergame channel, and while his style has changed I don't particularly mind it. He's also a cutie and seems like an amicable person who always seems to be grateful to his fans, which is one of the best qualities you can find in a YouTuber. His voice is also very easy on the ears and has a nice, sultry tone to it.

when I was younger and honestly in a mental bind, bingeing Mark's videos detracted from my deep seeded problems and achiness of living in a troubled household and general environment.

Edited by indignity

Posted (edited)

I KNOOOOW, right?!?! In the FNAF video, Mark spend like a whole hour talking and talking and talking, oh man! He even said that Tyler indeed did some nice observations, but then it came back to him talking and talking and zzZzZzZzZzZ
That's how I feel too! His old content shows some softer and actually good side of him, now it seems he's just pretending... That's super sad.

I can also remember in the Undertale livestream, the bit I catched, and Mark was searching for some door to open with the Mistery Key he bought from Bratty and Catty. EVERYONE on chat was literally SCREAMING, I swear to god I could hear people in my head like SHOUTING to him "go to napstablook's house! the key it's from there!!!" and he absolutely ignored the fact. Actually, I think he ignored the chat in all his livestreams lol what's the point of doing a livestream if you're not going to participate with your subscribers in the chat? Because idk, "spoilers"? Bitch, you played this game like almost a YEAR after it came and you're afraid to take SPOILERS? Just uugghh i'm not interested in him that much anymore.

The only props I give to him is that he still play games, though.
You know
It's a gaming channel
So he play games. Doesn't troll anybody by saying he's going to delete the channel *cof cof* pewds *cof cof*

I agree with everything you said about Markiplier. I have a feeling he's getting tired of his fame on Youtube and overplay it to stay relevant(probably because he doesn't want to disappoint anyone, he's definitively too nice for his own good sometimes)

Also, you don't need to throw Pewds under the bus. He troll people because he's annoyed with YouTube right now. Heck, he's probably annoyed by it since the longest time. Right now he's playing The Last Guardian and damn i love it when he plays a game seriously. It's been such a while.

Going back to Markiplier and Undertale, I really hate the livestream. Like, legit hate. Not only because of what you mentioned, but also because Undertale is something you need to experiment by yourself, without having hundred of people screaming at you to be quicker. Also, he seems to really hate this game because of all the spoilers and the fanbase, so why is he forcing himself to play it ? To get views ? To please everyone ? Seriously Mark, if you don't want to play something, don't play it. 

He's always trying to be a nice guy because that's why he's so loved to begin with, but you can FEEL he's tired and annoyed by all of this. Look at his Tumblr, for a certain period of time the saltyness was overflowing. It was amazing to see him being REAL for a change.

It seems that with time he began to craft a certain image, like Pewds, but while Pewds is breaking the image(that's probably all he's done since 2016), Mark is too uncertain to do it.

Edited by Superboy

Posted

I agree with everything you said about Markiplier. I have a feeling he's getting tired of his fame on Youtube and overplay it to stay relevant(probably because he doesn't want to disappoint anyone, he's definitively too nice for his own good sometimes)
Also, you don't need to throw Pewds under the bus. He troll people because he's annoyed with YouTube right now. Heck, he's probably annoyed by it since the longest time. Right now he's playing The Last Guardian and damn i love it when he plays a game seriously. It's been such a while.

Going back to Markiplier and Undertale, I really hate the livestream. Like, legit hate. Not only because of what you mentioned, but also because Undertale is something you need to experiment by yourself, without having hundred of people screaming at you to be quicker. Also, he seems to really hate this game because of all the spoilers and the fanbase, so why is he forcing himself to play it ? To get views ? To please everyone ? Seriously Mark, if you don't want to play something, don't play it. 

He's always trying to be a nice guy because that's why he's so loved to begin with, but you can FEEL he's tired and annoyed by all of this. Look at his Tumblr, for a certain period of time the saltyness was overflowing. It was amazing to see him being REAL for a change.

It seems that with time he began to craft a certain image, like Pewds, but while Pewds is breaking the image(that's probably all he's done since 2016), Mark is too uncertain to do it.

Yeah, sorry about the Felix thing, sometimes I just get angry towards the fact he's not the same anymore... I should probably accepted that already :$

Oh, yes!!!! I get that feeling too! I think he played Undertale just for a lil tick ✓ on his game list, definitely he knew a lot about the game even before playing it... I guess he did it because most of his fans were asking him to do it? Almost begging? Idk, I know a lot of Undertale fans who are also Mark's subscribers, so...

I'm going to watch his last cringe challenge now, I hope it's not all screams... :(

Posted

who attacked GG, Amy? oh my, I need to update myself there :alpacaworry:

Here we go again, me and my saltiness about a big Youtuber, sorry for the bible down below:

Hidden Content

lol i'm looking like a big pile of salt and bitterness right now, sorry again :alpacafedup:

Amy never attacked GG. Jess did and she failed. LMAO I remember the board crashing a lot back then.

Posted

I don't mind his current style of videos even if I don't watch them as frequently. I originally subbed to him when he was around 500k or less on the markipliergame channel, and while his style has changed I don't particularly mind it. He's also a cutie and seems like an amicable person who always seems to be grateful to his fans, which is one of the best qualities you can find in a YouTuber. His voice is also very easy on the ears and has a nice, sultry tone to it.

when I was younger and honestly in a mental bind, bingeing Mark's videos detracted from my deep seeded problems and achiness of living in a troubled household and general environment.

same, I watched a whole string of his vids while I was in a bad place (still am but besides the point) and it was a pleasant destraction

I liked all his rpg maker horror gameplays especially, I wish he would do more. (Maybe there's not enough out there)

I don't watch those other videos where he's not playing games tho...like I remember one where he was just in his kitchen..and something about a banana..and then answered the door...I didn't know what was going on...some random skit or something??

I just don't click on any of that now.

And also sometimes his voice is way too loud and obnoxious...as others have stated...I like it better when he is settled down. It's no surprise he's lost his voice a couple of times.

I don't watch as much anymore but when there's a game I wish I could play but don't have the means to...he is the channel I will go to watch it.

One of the last ones I watched was Fran Bow, I really liked it...I've got the little Mr.Midnight as my profile pic...he's so cute :alpacacrush: 

Posted

Hmm I kinda like how he went back to his natural hair color. The bright colors on the top were getting kind of old. And thank goodness he is finally calling Amy his girlfriend. She put up with too much shot for him not to. 

Honestly the only reason I go back to his channel anymore is to watch that stupid Meow video. It never gets old.

Posted

thoughts, PULL?

my opinion: I think he needs a break. :/

Posted

I think he needs a break too. He doesn't want to stop making videos, but distancing himself for a little while and thinking what his next goals are might help. Seems like he wants to be close to the fans but he feels like it's not close enough? I just imagined Markiplier opening a center that helps people going through a tough time in life :$ 

I don't  watch a lot of his videos, but he's so real, I hope he feels better soon.

Posted

thoughts, PULL?

my opinion: I think he needs a break. :/

Now did I only realize there's a tear drop in his left eye in the thumbnail...

Posted

I like him overall. I'm not a huge gamer and I don't watch a lot of game play videos but I watch Mark. Like yeah there are a few shady things that happened and his style changed, as in he became more loud etc, which some people might dislike, but imo he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And I love his voice tbh that's probably the main reason why I started watching his videos