85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't really like the guy. I mainly watch his Yandere Simulator series and I have to give up watching because he was being perverted. At first I can tolerate them a little but ever since I watched the first few parts of a video were every student's titties were enlarged sky high (so much that it looks inhuman), I got disgusted and had enough. He also played Yandere Simulator light novel (I think? I dunno) and he seems to have fun with a... particular scene as if he was really in the moment..

Tbh I don't care if I'm old enough to watch certain things/scenes/etc. I got this no. 1 moral in me to never watch, read etc perverted things because I do not want to feel dirty. Literally. I never watch his vids anymore (in fact, I avoid it). Even kubz scouts does the same but not to that extent fortunately. At least I can tolerate Jay (kubz scouts).

Edited by Sasaking Chen

Posted

His constant screaming and his voice in general make me wanna kms but otherwise, he's a pretty cute guy and I can really see how much he loves his fans

Posted

So apparently he has a new girlfriend now, according to the girl's tweets. Hopefully she's better than the ex who tried to start a fight in Guru Gossip.

Posted

A while ago, he was the alternative when pewdiepie started getting annoying. I liked his videos on horror games because he seemed to cut much much less, was better at games, and played a variety of things and completed it.

Then he suddenly became so damn obnoxious and irritating that I cannot stand fucking watching a single one of his videos that isn't one of his old ones. He used to have just a goofy sense of humour, but now it's been turned up to the max, and just watching a single one of his newer videos makes my ears bleed and my brain haemorrhage. At one point I just wanted to give his new videos a chance, but even listening to him on the lowest volume gave me a headache.

Thanks to that, I only watch commentary free gameplays now. (SHN is a really good channel.....)

Also, getting involved in the drama was not necessary and I wish he hadn't, because doing so just made me feel like he was even more of a tool than before. 

I did the same thing too! I started watching him once PewdiePie got too obnoxious (and he did something really offensive to my religion so it felt very bad watching him) and so I moved to Markiplier because he was so much more chill but now he's kinda imitating Pewd (to a lesser extent though because Mark has never said anything rude or offesive [not to my knowledge anyway]). I still like Mark because he's kind but yeesh he kinda gives me a headache with how much screaming he does.

Anyone looking for another cool person should check out CoryXKenshin. He doesn't swear in his videos, doesn't scream at obnoxious decibels, likes to drop sick bars, and leaves an encouraging Bible verse at the end of each video. He's at 800k subscribers so far and has maintained a pleasant persona. I really like him.

Posted

So apparently he has a new girlfriend now, according to the girl's tweets. Hopefully she's better than the ex who tried to start a fight in Guru Gossip.

I want to hear about his ex :Alpacashocked:

Posted

He had a girlfriend? 
I want to hear more details :Alpacashocked:

Posted

I did the same thing too! I started watching him once PewdiePie got too obnoxious (and he did something really offensive to my religion so it felt very bad watching him) and so I moved to Markiplier because he was so much more chill but now he's kinda imitating Pewd (to a lesser extent though because Mark has never said anything rude or offesive [not to my knowledge anyway]). I still like Mark because he's kind but yeesh he kinda gives me a headache with how much screaming he does.

Anyone looking for another cool person should check out CoryXKenshin. He doesn't swear in his videos, doesn't scream at obnoxious decibels, likes to drop sick bars, and leaves an encouraging Bible verse at the end of each video. He's at 800k subscribers so far and has maintained a pleasant persona. I really like him.

Sorry for quoting you, but... DMC3. Mini fangirl scream over here because of your avatar.

Mark needs to work on an audio book. I'd listen to it all day.

Posted

Sorry for quoting you, but... DMC3. Mini fangirl scream over here because of your avatar.

Mark needs to work on an audio book. I'd listen to it all day.

lol its ok :3 a dmc fan a friend in my book lol. and he really should make an audiobook - his voice is so calming and that's also why i started watching him

Posted (edited)

I want to hear about his ex :Alpacashocked:

He had a girlfriend? 
I want to hear more details :Alpacashocked:

Ok *cracks knuckles*

To preface this, I was a lurker of GG before it went to shit and I came to PULL. Their is a lot more about Markimoo and his relationships there, but it's hard to navigate. Basically, my understanding is that the main issue is that Markiplier has a tendency to keep his girlfriends secret. It makes sense, I mean, he wants to keep his private life private but he completely pretends that he is single even while dating people.

This would be fine and dandy for him EXCEPT that info eventually gets leaked and starts a shitstorm in his fandom. This is what happened with Jess, his ex, who is now saucycosplays on youtube. He did not even acknowledge her until MONTHS after they had broken up when he promoed her (http://markiplier.tumblr.com/post/126614910205/hey-guys-this-is-a-personal-matter-but-its). Although, Jess tried hard to hint at their relationship on tumblr and twitter:

Screenshot_(14).thumb.png.2a3edab8606cb4

"Friends" *cough cough*

Jess has been a bit of a snowflake with some of her behavior and tried to mooch off of Marks subs even after they broke up. I think they got back together and then broke up again like 6 months after the first breakup too. It was a confusing messy relationship and caused a lot of fighting between fans. If you want to brave the horror that Guru Gossip has become to read the rant about his relationships here is the link: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?cache=1&f=372&t=20140. There are seven threads, and this link goes to the first one. I would link the others but, the site has...issues.

Anyway, his new girlfriend is Amy Nelson, her twitter is @iceddarkroast. Their relationship was secret too until some small youtuber posted a photo on instagram of them together and said something about her being his girlfriend. 

tumblr_o9s57uQTRh1u3srfko1_1280.thumb.jp

Oops. :lamaheadshake:

tumblr_o9g0ipFDwS1ua7siro1_500.thumb.jpg

The picture is now deleted, but the damage was done and another shitstorm happened. Amy has since confirmed their relationship on twitter, as seen in the spoiler, and they have been seen together at cons. However, Mark still continues to say nothing. Even when raging fans tormented Amy on her twitter and instagram. Her personal instagram even got reported and taken down for a bit but still, Mark said nothing and just leaves her to fend for herself for the most part. 

No one really faults him for wanting to keep certain things private but he really needs to at least seriously acknowledge that he is in a relationship. But if he did then he would have to cut out the "I'm so lonely and single plz fawn over me" act. 

Anyways, this is all I know and could look up. A lot of the juicy info is on GG and I can barely get the site to work. :alpacafedup: PULL is so much better.

Edited by Nyanko Sensei

Posted

Ok *cracks knuckles*

To preface this, I was a lurker of GG before it went to shit and I came to PULL. Their is a lot more about Markimoo and his relationships there, but it's hard to navigate. Basically, my understanding is that the main issue is that Markiplier has a tendency to keep his girlfriends secret. It makes sense, I mean, he wants to keep his private life private but he completely pretends that he is single even while dating people.

This would be fine and dandy for him EXCEPT that info eventually gets leaked and starts a shitstorm in his fandom. This is what happened with Jess, his ex, who is now saucycosplays on youtube. He did not even acknowledge her until MONTHS after they had broken up when he promoed her (http://markiplier.tumblr.com/post/126614910205/hey-guys-this-is-a-personal-matter-but-its). Although, Jess tried hard to hint at their relationship on tumblr and twitter:

Hidden Content

Jess has been a bit of a snowflake with some of her behavior and tried to mooch off of Marks subs even after they broke up. I think they got back together and then broke up again like 6 months after the first breakup too. It was a confusing messy relationship and caused a lot of fighting between fans. If you want to brave the horror that Guru Gossip has become to read the rant about his relationships here is the link: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?cache=1&f=372&t=20140. There are seven threads, and this link goes to the first one. I would link the others but, the site has...issues.

Anyway, his new girlfriend is Amy Nelson, her twitter is @iceddarkroast. Their relationship was secret too until some small youtuber posted a photo on instagram of them together and said something about her being his girlfriend. 

Hidden Content

The picture is now deleted, but the damage was done and another shitstorm happened. Amy has since confirmed their relationship on twitter, as seen in the spoiler, and they have been seen together at cons. However, Mark still continues to say nothing. Even when raging fans tormented Amy on her twitter and instagram. Her personal instagram even got reported and taken down for a bit but still, Mark said nothing and just leaves her to fend for herself for the most part. 

No one really faults him for wanting to keep certain things private but he really needs to at least seriously acknowledge that he is in a relationship. But if he did then he would have to cut out the "I'm so lonely and single plz fawn over me" act. 

Anyways, this is all I know and could look up. A lot of the juicy info is on GG and I can barely get the site to work. :alpacafedup: PULL is so much better.

Thank you, thank you so much for the summary I wanted to type but I got too lazy to type. Anyway! I'll try to add some more.

Based on what's seen on social media, Jess / Saucycosplays seems to be possessive of him even after they broke up. Back then during that photo that Nyanko posted of Mark and Jess with her other friend, talk on GG has been hot because there's been a livestream of Mark's SDCC '15 panel and you can see him and Jess interacting. Jess decided to sign up on the forum itself to "clarify" rumors which she just made worse tbh, and she ended up starting a flame war on the forum when they talked about her. Users on GG forced her to actually clarify the rumors (spoiler: she didn't clarify anything but it was obvious what the answers were even without her saying it). And at some point, she made this um, declaration on that forum that is very much open for everyone lurking to see:

SaucyCosplays » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:47 pm

I agree and I don't expect it to stop, because I will continue to be a part of his life. I'm just trying to clear up what I can and maybe ease some of the animosity, especially that based in misinformation/misinterpretation, and make it a little better in the long run ^^;

Considering he has a new girlfriend, it's even worse to read now. Also, there's a little bit of rather personal but VERY public info that Jess openly shared on social media that got Mark's fans concerned back in 2015. Trigger warning: contains references to suicide. 

Apparently the breakup was so bad, Jess had to be held on suicide watch. She posted 3 tweets (1) (2) (3) explaining the situation and a detailed Tumblr post she made. She also made another  detailed explanation on Guru Gossip before she left the forum, but I can't find it and I've gotten lazy thanks to the site's consistency in errors.

Also, tbh, I was a former member of the Guru Gossip Markiplier subforum (former meaning I don't participate in talking about him there and I talk about other YouTubers in other posts). I can claim (or any original poster from the first 5 threads there) that we actually talked to Jess with respect even if most of us do not really like her. She started the flame war that occurred around the 3rd (or 4th) thread about Mark's relationships. If I got time and GG decides to not act up, I'll be linking the posts.

And sorry for the follow up post, but honestly ever since Mark's 14M subs special, I feel like his content has hit rock bottom. Those 1-minute skits without any story at all do not make any sense. Then he made a "reading your tweets" video today but only for him to dramatically read grossly spelled tweets and not really interact with it or actually acknowledge his fans who actually communicate / discuss things with him and not just for the sake of his attention. If his dog weren't cute I wouldn't be interested in what he'll do next anymore, although tbh I've unsubbed after those shitty sketches.

Posted

Markipliar should've made it known beforehand that he probably wants things private and will behave a certain way (pretending to be single/make no claims). It seems like he did not really clarify what he is all about, before getting into his relationship. That, or he did but they couldn't handle it.

Posted

Markipliar should've made it known beforehand that he probably wants things private and will behave a certain way (pretending to be single/make no claims). It seems like he did not really clarify what he is all about, before getting into his relationship. That, or he did but they couldn't handle it.

He didn't tbh, even if he were in a relationship he'd still pander so his fans will go gaga over his looks / muscles. He did it once with Jess, and he did it again with Amy as of lately. SMH, he's a good looking guy and he's nice to boot but he's trying hard with the sexy goof image. I like him better when he's calm and the "iplier" part of "Markiplier" isn't present.

Posted

UPDATE: Apparently, he now called Amy his girlfriend, after, IDK, more than 1 year of dating. I never thought he'd acknowledge a girlfriend. Guess he learned a bit from his last relationship. But it's better that he acknowledged her now that they're together rather than the time he acknowledged his ex just so her channel could get a shoutout. 

(BTW, it was forced. She attacked Guru Gossip weeks before the shoutout, and shot herself in the foot trying to fight with GG members.)

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: Apparently, he now called Amy his girlfriend, after, IDK, more than 1 year of dating. I never thought he'd acknowledge a girlfriend. Guess he learned a bit from his last relationship. But it's better that he acknowledged her now that they're together rather than the time he acknowledged his ex just so her channel could get a shoutout. 

Hidden Content

who attacked GG, Amy? oh my, I need to update myself there :alpacaworry:

Here we go again, me and my saltiness about a big Youtuber, sorry for the bible down below:

I used to like him a lot, like A LOT, like really obsessed. I probably watched half of his videos in a record time (no joking), specially because he seems to have such a charming and lovable personality. But then I started my search on his personal stuff (I know, I know... I shouldn't be doing that... but hey, it's kinda my nature lol) and now I regret not doing it before.
The problem with him is that the persona he created on YT covers up a very egocentric behaviour, that shows up in some specific attitudes.

First the whole "i'm a bachelor, not in a relationship at all" comes up. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be very sad if my boyfriend tried to hide my presence for like 2 years, just for the sake of being a "senpai" on fucking YT (yes, this is very controversial cuz some people like to claim he doesn't have to open all his personal life to his followers, but I still think he did it just to maintain his fans, the female part of it in particular). Even if I don't like Felix anymore, I never saw him trying to hide Marzia. Same goes for Jack and some other youtubers I like to watch. As a woman, it's a painful thing to see.
Then he decides to put an end on everything, posts on tumblr "oh bla bla i'm not with her anymore, pls support her, she's a great person" and etc. Like jfc are you serious? You hid the girl all the time and now is trying to pretend everything is fine, she's super fine too, it's just two people growing apart and all that shit? Oh Mark, please!! ¬¬
But that's ok, I mean not everyone is perfect, right? Right.

I tried to pass the whole thing in my mind and he decides to talk about FNAF, he likes to call himself the king of FNAF even though he's pretty much terrible in it. His friend Tyler is participating (he's such a cutie, IMO) and all Mark keeps doing is telling the guy to shut up, saying he's incorrect, being ok most of the time but very harsh at some points. Like dude, if Tyler never saw FNAF in his life, how is he supposed to know stuff that you know? Just stfu, man
I also took a lil bit of his Undertale livestreams and geez Mark was directioning the guy with voices and all that, dude just RELAX y'all playing games and shit, Tyler isn't a voice actor (at least I don't think so).
But hey, that's totally fine because they're friends from a looong time, it's how they treat each other. Right...?

Anyway, the breaking point with me came in his video "Markiplier roasted by fans" and MY GOD why he's replying everyone with huge responses? I thought you're going to be ROASTED and not making excuses and explanations for your OWN FANS all the fucking time, goddamnit just stfu ¬¬ also the charity thing, I think it's super awesome someone doing that on YT, but honestly I don't feel he does it by heart anymore. Maybe in the past he did, but now it's just to keep up with the "cool guy" image. Y'know, the "creator and member of a such a positive community" sort of thing?

And he seems louder than before, maybe because he's pursuing the acting career and thinks it's ok to shout unnecessarily (""being expressive"").

I'm still a subscriber but sometimes I rethink my decision. He's still funny in his don't laugh challenges and some short gameplays, probably this is the reason I didn't unsubscribed yet... Definitely I don't see him as "all about loves and hugs" anymore.

lol i'm looking like a big pile of salt and bitterness right now, sorry again :alpacafedup:

Edited by UnrealityShow
sorry for*** I wrote about lol

Posted

who attacked GG, Amy? oh my, I need to update myself there :alpacaworry:

Here we go again, me and my saltiness about a big Youtuber, sorry about the bible down below:

Hidden Content

lol i'm looking like a big pile of salt and bitterness right now, sorry again :alpacafedup:

I honestly totally agree with you. I was obsessed with Mark too and watched his videos religiously and never ever forget to leave a nice comment and like. I still really adore him but Im not as obsessed with him as before. 

About Mark being "rude" to his friends...to some people, it maybe just friends being friends cause you know, we don't really know their friendship outside utube. But honestly, sometimes I feel like he's being too aggressive to the point where the other person doesn't talk much and just laughs awkwardly. It's the sole reason why I never watch videos of him and his friends. Sometimes the conversation tilts towards Mark and watching him scream and talk over his friends is uncomfortable. 

As much as I like Mark's content, the stuff he uploads these days are over the top, exaggerated screaming and cursing. So fucking annoying. I remember when he used to crack really funny jokes but now, all he does is curse loudly or call himself names to be funny. I rarely rewatch his newer content. I can't stand to watch the second time because it's so annoying. Im basically keeping my love for Mark alive by watching past videos and lying to myself.