• Announcements

• Artists Wanted! (New Banner!!)   01/08/17

Hi everyone! With the new year, we want to continue to make some changes to the site. Firstly, we'd like to make a new banner! Artists who are interested in contributing, please get in touch with me with some samples of your work.  Thanks so much!

Markiplier

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Do any of you love Markiplier? I've been a fan of him for a year and boy, he's my fave :) Also he's the cutest :x

f225d901c6ff49e65242a63ad359840a.jpg

Facebook ∙ TwitterInstagram ∙ YouTube

Posted

I don't watch him as much as I used to a year back, but I still do sometimes :alpacacrush: he's really cute and has a really cute personality. I switched from PewdiePie to him because he got really obnoxious (maybe a hard word but yeah..) :beardo: 

Eventho.. I was kinda.. confused at his HuniePop lp a while back, because he started such a drama everytime there was a "sex scene". Like "OH NO.. NOOO... STOP"... I mean I heard many americans (and that he's half korean could be a reason as well) are pretty prudish, but I think he really overreacted there. Maybe it's just me but.. that kinda bugged me, I'm not used to such an behavior :alpacaworry: He probably did it on purpose because he has many younger viewers.. eventho PewdiePie has as well but he just censored the pics... but I guess it could be that he's more open since he's swedish.

Posted

I really like the fact that hes so big on Youtube yet he still thanks his fans at every opportunity. I know some people don't like that he cries a lot on video but It really doesn't bug me, guys should be able to cry right.

Also He does so much to give back to the less fortunate and is always involved in charity now a days, he's a genuinely good guy!

And :alpacacrush: that voice of his kills. I really don't have anything bad to say about Markimoo. I do wish he'd have more Bob collab videos though.

I don't watch him as much as I used to a year back, but I still do sometimes :alpacacrush: he's really cute and has a really cute personality. I switched from PewdiePie to him because he got really obnoxious (maybe a hard word but yeah..) :beardo: 

Eventho.. I was kinda.. confused at his HuniePop lp a while back, because he started such a drama everytime there was a "sex scene". Like "OH NO.. NOOO... STOP"... I mean I heard many americans (and that he's half korean could be a reason as well) are pretty prudish, but I think he really overreacted there. Maybe it's just me but.. that kinda bugged me, I'm not used to such an behavior :alpacaworry: He probably did it on purpose because he has many younger viewers.. eventho PewdiePie has as well but he just censored the pics... but I guess it could be that he's more open since he's swedish.

I myself like the prudish side to him because I feel the same way he does, I'm 23 and still can't watch sex scenes in movies because I get really embarassed. Everyone has a comfort level plus when your on camera it can only increase the embarrassment level I'm sure.

Posted

A while ago, he was the alternative when pewdiepie started getting annoying. I liked his videos on horror games because he seemed to cut much much less, was better at games, and played a variety of things and completed it.

Then he suddenly became so damn obnoxious and irritating that I cannot stand fucking watching a single one of his videos that isn't one of his old ones. He used to have just a goofy sense of humour, but now it's been turned up to the max, and just watching a single one of his newer videos makes my ears bleed and my brain haemorrhage. At one point I just wanted to give his new videos a chance, but even listening to him on the lowest volume gave me a headache.

Thanks to that, I only watch commentary free gameplays now. (SHN is a really good channel.....)

Also, getting involved in the drama was not necessary and I wish he hadn't, because doing so just made me feel like he was even more of a tool than before. 

Posted

I would just sit there in disbelief and looked awkwardly. He looked pretty awkward and his channel is mostly kid friendly as you said. Honestly speaking if I had a young fanbase I would quit life. (I just watch him because of his voice and games i can't afford so I watch him play it "for" me...:alpacadone:)

Posted (edited)

I feel like the reason is more loud now is because he was camera shy before, like a lot of other youtubers, after awhile he is used to it and more open about himself, he is probably that loud irl too if you're very close with him.
I like his voice, it is deep and the way he pronounce thing is very clearly, it was a great help for me back then when i discovered him, considered i was still learning English.

Edited by Zeng

Posted

I really like the fact that hes so big on Youtube yet he still thanks his fans at every opportunity. I know some people don't like that he cries a lot on video but It really doesn't bug me, guys should be able to cry right.

Also He does so much to give back to the less fortunate and is always involved in charity now a days, he's a genuinely good guy!

And :alpacacrush: that voice of his kills. I really don't have anything bad to say about Markimoo. I do wish he'd have more Bob collab videos though.

I myself like the prudish side to him because I feel the same way he does, I'm 23 and still can't watch sex scenes in movies because I get really embarassed. Everyone has a comfort level plus when your on camera it can only increase the embarrassment level I'm sure.

It's not a bad thing, like I said I'm just not used to it. I mainly watched PewdiePie before (and some others sometimes) also playing the same game or similar ones and no one reacted this way. So his reaction confused me a bit... 

Eventho I still think he overdone his reaction a bit, probably for the lulz. 

Posted

I used to like him a lot more, but like noted above he's gotten really annoying. I hate to say this, but I feel like the change happened after his friend passed. Understandable, of course, but I miss his old humor because he was honestly my favorite youtuber. Now I can barely make it through any of his new stuff. He's still a great guy though, I appreciate everything he does for others. 

Posted

I loved his Five Nights At Freddies series.  I tried watching his other stuff, but it wasn't as good as that.  Haven't watched him since. Still he did great with the FNAF.  

I like Markiplier's voice.  I can't take Pewdewpie's voice.  It's just in a pitch that grates on my ears.  

Posted

A while ago, he was the alternative when pewdiepie started getting annoying. I liked his videos on horror games because he seemed to cut much much less, was better at games, and played a variety of things and completed it.

Then he suddenly became so damn obnoxious and irritating that I cannot stand fucking watching a single one of his videos that isn't one of his old ones. He used to have just a goofy sense of humour, but now it's been turned up to the max, and just watching a single one of his newer videos makes my ears bleed and my brain haemorrhage. At one point I just wanted to give his new videos a chance, but even listening to him on the lowest volume gave me a headache.

Thanks to that, I only watch commentary free gameplays now. (SHN is a really good channel.....)

Also, getting involved in the drama was not necessary and I wish he hadn't, because doing so just made me feel like he was even more of a tool than before. 

Ah I get how you feel. I still like him but I really hate it too when he goes large ham and he tries to be Mr. Fanservice. Not gonna lie, I find him very attractive, but when he "tries" to be sexy it just comes off as cringeworthy. He did intend it in that one video with Cyndago (RIP). Mostly I think this is him trying to appeal to the same demographic Pewdiepie has, but in his case most of his viewers are teenage girls instead.

I loved his Five Nights At Freddies series.  I tried watching his other stuff, but it wasn't as good as that.  Haven't watched him since. Still he did great with the FNAF.  

I like Markiplier's voice.  I can't take Pewdewpie's voice.  It's just in a pitch that grates on my ears.  

Yep, he has a lot of misses and he has an equal amount of hits, but when his LP happens to be really good (a serious interest / discussion in the game), he really nails it. I kinda wish he'd lessen the ham and be a little more chill, because that's what makes him unique.

Posted (edited)

Hmm time has changed, In my opinion both markiplier and pewdiepie is not interesting like what I watch before. I know markiplier looks charming, but nah, not his gameplay now.

I only adore jacksepticeye and VanossGaming (and also his mates) :alpacacrush:.

Edited by Mahisa
OT on spoiler box

Posted

I watch him when I get tired from pewdiepie lmao

Posted

Hmm time has changed, In my opinion both markiplier and pewdiepie is not interesting like what I watch before. I know markiplier looks charming, but nah, not his gameplay now.

Hidden Content

Yeah without a doubt, his gameplay's more of a miss these days.

OMG Yes I love jacksepticeye too

Posted

I still like his videos and watch them frequently, but I only like watching full walkthroughs ( story games ). I will note that the only thing that usually bothers me is when he gets all weird and treats the game like reality rather then just a fun game. Like if something sad happens or someone dies he gets sorta weird and talks about how hard it must be if that was real... idk .. I don't watch gameplays to see someone nearly sob over a random scene in a game. .. . ( I understand some games are about depression or are emotionally in depth but when it isn't ... its just weird ) . 

Posted

Oh I love Markiplier! I met the guy three times at SD Comic Con and he's such a sweetheart in person! I may not watch his videos as much as I used to, but he's still one of my favorite youtubers.

I would watch his older videos and his update videos whenever I need some cheering up. Despite the change of style with his videos, I still love his channel. I cannot wait for him to play Outlast 2 when it comes out. I honestly prefer him over Pewds, dude's videos never really interested me. 

Im also glad to see how much he has grown since 2012. Though I miss his gameplay with Yamimash and his buddies, Bob and Wade. And he and JackScepticEye are great playing together. He's also become good friends with the Game Grumps, and he started out as their fan. 

In a nutshell, he's one of the few youtubers I root for in a long run and I hope to see him at Comic Con this year if he's able to attend.