• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

499 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm going through a really intense yellow fever phase. There's this really fob korean guy at my school who's on the baseball team and i found his instagram after extensive research that took an entire semester. requested to follow him, but after he didn't except my request i panicked and retracted it. this happened back in december, but i just tried again today oo woo

maybe you should follow some of his friends first and then request him.

I feel ya on the yellow fever tho. There’s these cute Vietnamese guys at my university and one of them has an accent.

Posted

maybe you should follow some of his friends first and then request him.

I feel ya on the yellow fever tho. There’s these cute Vietnamese guys at my university and one of them has an accent.

eeek okay thanks and LMAO accents are so interesting i love them

also, another thing is that i still have feelings for this guy who sells my friends drugs. before he starting doing that, we snuck out at night a lot and he bought me starbucks

Posted

I am posting this to be honest to myself and make a verifiable public record of my commitment:

I will never, ever, for as long as I live, ever give anyone on PULL negative reputation. EVER. 

I never can do that. I will not and cannot. It makes me physically sick to imagine it. 

I have 25 points per day. I will only use them to build people up. 

I am having real and continuing issues with the members who think it's fun to downvote but think it's evidently ok to fat shame and call people cunts. Shame on you! Get your priorities in order. Your downvotes are hurting people (and not just me). Nobody is attacking you. Nobody is calling you out. Hiding behind downvotes instead of talking or discussing things like adults makes PULL a place that is not what it is intended to be. It's a community of friends who care about one another. We fucking support our friends. We DO NOT put them down. ENOUGH.

You are hurting me and making me feel awful to levels I cannot specify without saying things I should not say. And please, if your advice is to just leave PULL, then don't. Would you tell a friend to just disappear? Maybe...let's recover the kindness that PULL really is. Please.

Posted (edited)

I'm getting lip injections this week, because I've been soo unhappy with my lips for years.

And the most confessional about this, I'm going to lie about it and won't tell anyone except my family /good friends. I feel like as soon you get something done to your face, your beauty isn't appreciated or valued anymore, because it's "fake". Also, there is so much critisism around that topic, and I really don't want to deal with people judging how I spend my money (I don't even have money for blabla, and you're wasting it on injections!!! / Other people are starving!! ) , judging my apperiance and calling me out on being soo fake and plastic and how I'm ruining myself. 

Edited by ShinyUmbreon

Posted

I am posting this to be honest to myself and make a verifiable public record of my commitment:

I will never, ever, for as long as I live, ever give anyone on PULL negative reputation. EVER. 

I never can do that. I will not and cannot. It makes me physically sick to imagine it. 

I have 25 points per day. I will only use them to build people up. 

I am having real and continuing issues with the members who think it's fun to downvote but think it's evidently ok to fat shame and call people cunts. Shame on you! Get your priorities in order. Your downvotes are hurting people (and not just me). Nobody is attacking you. Nobody is calling you out. Hiding behind downvotes instead of talking or discussing things like adults makes PULL a place that is not what it is intended to be. It's a community of friends who care about one another. We fucking support our friends. We DO NOT put them down. ENOUGH.

You are hurting me and making me feel awful to levels I cannot specify without saying things I should not say. And please, if your advice is to just leave PULL, then don't. Would you tell a friend to just disappear? Maybe...let's recover the kindness that PULL really is. Please.

kamineko my first impulse was to downvote because i'm a little shit, but i stopped myself in case u r serious. Are you for real with this?? It seems so obsessive

sry if this is sarcasm

Posted

I stole a light blue crayon from CVS when I was 8. It was from those bigass 92 packs with the sharpener. I liked it so much I grabbed it and I put it in my shoe so I could use it at school. When I came home, I took off my shoe and saw it snapped in half... I was so sad. :alpacaworry2:

Posted (edited)

I'm getting lip injections this week, because I've been soo unhappy with my lips for years.

And the most confessional about this, I'm going to lie about it and won't tell anyone except my family /good friends. I feel like as soon you get something done to your face, your beauty isn't appreciated or valued anymore, because it's "fake". Also, there is so much critisism around that topic, and I really don't want to deal with people judging how I spend my money (I don't even have money for blabla, and you're wasting it on injections!!! / Other people are starving!! ) , judging my apperiance and calling me out on being soo fake and plastic and how I'm ruining myself. 

I hate hate HATE how whenever someone gets something done to their face, they are automatically viewed as lesser beings.

The very act of choosing to make adjustments or improvements BECOMES a flaw to the individual once people find out.

Like why does it matter if someone chooses to get something done? It changes NOTHING about who THEY are as an individual! 

If I ever decide to get plastic surgery or a procedure, I'm probably going to go about it the same way you plan to.

Seeing the nasty things people say to folks that they THINK had something done and those that have ADMITTED to getting something done, would make me incredibly reluctant to speak the truth.

Edited by Jolie
Accidently submitted before I waz done

Posted (edited)

1.  I am forever hopelessly in love with my childhood friend's boyfriend. I'm actually proud that I've kept it in complete secrecy so far...well, until now lol. 

2. If dying meant I could live another life in which I looked and thought and lived differently, I would. I absolutely hate the choices I made growing up– to do things I wanted to do but didn't do it, like take martial arts or learn how to play the piano. I have no time for those things now– and I absolutely hate the choices I make now.

3. I strive to be this perfect "Ravenclaw"-esque person for no other reason than the fact that throughout my entire life, intellect and wit is the most important thing to me. When I say something that's considered "dumb" or "unironically cringy" I forever hate myself for it.

4. This is inexplicably bitchy, but I have a love-hate relationship with my current friend group in uni. I just don't want to go through my college years alone;; and I'm not the most extroverted person in the universe at all. Though I do have friends I merely tolerate and some I adore. I know it's not easy to GET friends, so I'm trying my best to appreciate them. 

5. My ex (who moved away in high school) used to be my partner in doing duets at the theatre club...yeah, now I just miss doing Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better from Annie 'Get Your Gun' with him or those fun songs with great choreography that made us faint,, like We Both Reached For The Gun from Chicago. I don't miss our relationship, which is funny, but I just miss our singing duo. And occasionally acting. 

6. No matter how much I despise my stepfather with every fibre of my being, I can never ever hate my half brother or regret him being born, even if he's a spoilt brat. I just. Love him to bits. 

Edited by WhyYouSoSalty

Posted

I've never liked my natural hair color. Like you think something you're born with would suit you best--but when I look at it or style it, it never looks like amazing. I look at pictures from when I was 5--and it was great but only bc it was down to my ass and my family put bobbles in it.

I get the feeling there's no point and my hair and am always in a bun or crappy ponytail. I feel like the color looks frumpy. However when I dye it COMPLETELY different story, I go all out with my looks and it's really cute/picture worthy. I even resorted wearing wigs for a long time but it feels weird wearing a hair hat when I have a perfectly thick ass head of hair.

I want to dye my hair again, but I've sworn off heat tools and chemical processing until my hair is grown past my back.

Posted

My aunt used to do that too when she was in Mexico and honestly its not bad. There's actual people who buy that stuff and have little places where people go and sell the metal to them.  

I also wanted to do stuff like that because my family tends to buy a lot of can sodas and beer but they always threw away the cans :alpacadone:

True. It's really not that bad. It's still a job and it earns well. It's also not illegal. :)

Posted

I am in love with someone and it scares the living hell out of me because now I can be hurt. Plus I'll probably fuck it up. Plus I don't deserve it. Plus they'll dump me because they'll hate me. Plus my negative attitude will ruin it. See what I did there? I have a beautiful person in my life who gives me so much joy and all I can think of is how to self-sabotage. I'm ashamed of myself. I spend more time wondering when they'll break things off than wondering about how to make things be good. 

My confession is that I have my priorities completely messed up and I damn well better get my shit together. I'm doing this as of tomorrow in hopes of changing this dynamic. But I have massive trust issues due to real world things and it's not easy.

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by Kimplysenna

Posted

I am in love with someone and it scares the living hell out of me because now I can be hurt. Plus I'll probably fuck it up. Plus I don't deserve it. Plus they'll dump me because they'll hate me. Plus my negative attitude will ruin it. See what I did there? I have a beautiful person in my life who gives me so much joy and all I can think of is how to self-sabotage. I'm ashamed of myself. I spend more time wondering when they'll break things off than wondering about how to make things be good. 

My confession is that I have my priorities completely messed up and I damn well better get my shit together. I'm doing this as of tomorrow in hopes of changing this dynamic. But I have massive trust issues due to real world things and it's not easy.

idk if love is the word i'd use, but i feel very much the same way and it sucks. it's such a shitty place to be in, and i know it sounds so irrational and weird to most people, but i totally know how you feel and wishing you luck, whatever happens

Posted

I'm finally getting this ugly garbage out of my system.

When I was a kid... around 11 years old... I started both my emo and weeaboo phase. 

I was exposed to anime at an early age due to Toonami and old VHS tapes of Trigun, Outlaw Star and Sailor Moon, and I was very into rock music. I listened to MCR and Blink-182 religiously, and I drew (copied off deviantart) anime girls all the time and passed it off as my own work. While also doing this, I was isolated because of being that 'weird' kid. My emo phase quickly died out because I wasn't allowed to wear make up or dye my hair or change my clothing style because I wore uniforms to school.

So I met this boy... well he came to me. We talked about anime and drawing and I was a young weeb learning Japanese from anime. I was THAT person that peppered my sentences with Japanese words that didn't need to be there. ('Watashi don't daisuki American cartoons blegh! I don't like my name, please call me Yuki-chan desu!') It was a terrible time to be alive honestly. One day this friend, who is JAPANESE, asks me "Hey Lopunny, do you wish you were Japanese?" and I didn't answer because I was literally saved by the bell. I used to sing the intros to anime while walking home and GOD was I cringey and awful. To add insult to injury I had a crush on him because he reminded me of Roxas from Kingdom Hearts and he called me Namine.

I went to middle school the next year and he went elsewhere. A girl that knew the both of us was still my friend, and I told her that I had a crush on him and that she should keep it a secret. She told him. His response was "Uh.... ok?" and that was it. Kokoro is brokoro.

The following year I went to a friend's Halloween party and it just so happened that they were hosting a foreign exchange student from Japan. It all came bubbling back up. I was hyper, bouncing around like "Omg a real person from Nihon I'm going to quote a bunch of anime nonsense ohayoooooo dattebayoooo!!!" and she was VISCERALLY uncomfortable. She did not come back the next year. 

At that time it finally hit me like a sack of bricks that I was being a racist, stupid, weeb. I was so ashamed that I threw out all of my anime posters and magazines, I destroyed my drawings and stopped watching anime. Yeah my reaction was really extreme but I REALLY wanted to forget everything. It's been many years since and I still have a hard time associating myself with anime because of those cringey memories.

Posted (edited)

I keep saying “like” in sentences constantly.

I say it in text and when i’m talking.

I need to stop. :anime:

Edited by uhhhhh no