• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

644 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like I try to hold onto friendships that are clearly only one-sided, or time-selective, when I know I shouldn't keep wasting my time on someone who doesn't care.

One of my "friends" for over two years has this same repeated behavior of texting and hanging out a lot during a short period of time, and then drop off the face of the earth and completely ignore messages. Even to her other friends, the same thing happens. It's always the same excuse of "oh I was feeling depressed so I don't reach out to people", which is annoying because she thinks like she's the only one struggling mentally and that she is always so self-absorbed with her problems. She's completely blown me off before during a trip down to like an hour before we were supposed to meet (which thankfully wasn't just to see her, but still). She didn't even really apologize for it or really see why it was a shitty thing to do. A lot of time has passed since then tho, and now I figured, ok people can change, maybe I should give her another chance. We had met up in the winter which was nice, but I really hadn't heard from her since like, February? I reached out to her recently, and it's honestly the same pattern: she'll respond and talk when she's feeling down and wants someone to talk to, ask me for advice and information, and then when I text her about something that's just casual conversation, she ignores it. This isn't the same as just not communicating for awhile, because sometimes there's just not much to say, but as long as someone you know, responds then I know they actually care. It wouldn't be a big deal if I couldn't clearly see this same pattern happening, but I really am done investing time into friendships when the other person doesn't do the same. We all only have so much time and energy and I want to save it for people who truly care about our friendship. Not sure if I should "cut her off", because even if I ignored her messages, it's not like she texts me much at all, so I doubt she'd even notice :alpacadone:

Same thing happened to me too a few years ago. Ended up cutting off all contact with her in the end, when she blew me off when I wished her a happy birthday on FB- this isn't particularly helpful or optimistic for you, but with people like that, your effort's just not worth it.

Posted

Same thing happened to me too a few years ago. Ended up cutting off all contact with her in the end, when she blew me off when I wished her a happy birthday on FB- this isn't particularly helpful or optimistic for you, but with people like that, your effort's just not worth it.

Yeah I think you're right. At the very least, if I just don't contact her anymore then it would really then be up to the other person if they want to try to maintain the friendship. Otherwise I'll know it's for the best to essentially stop wasting my time with people like that.

Posted

Yeah I think you're right. At the very least, if I just don't contact her anymore then it would really then be up to the other person if they want to try to maintain the friendship. Otherwise I'll know it's for the best to essentially stop wasting my time with people like that.

Being hesitant to cut a person off is to be expected in this situation, I put it off for yeeeeeaaaaars and years. "Oh, she's going to change, I'm going to get through to her eventually, surely she'll realize she's being an asshole so if I'm just nice enough we'll "make up" (there's a proper verb for this but I can't think of it right now) and we'll be normal friends" It's hard being, essentially, told that you don't matter to them.

Posted

Being hesitant to cut a person off is to be expected in this situation, I put it off for yeeeeeaaaaars and years. "Oh, she's going to change, I'm going to get through to her eventually, surely she'll realize she's being an asshole so if I'm just nice enough we'll "make up" (there's a proper verb for this but I can't think of it right now) and we'll be normal friends" It's hard being, essentially, told that you don't matter to them.

Yeah I'd think that way too, like "I know we haven't been as close as we could be bc she keeps never wanting to put in effort to strengthen our friendship, but we'll be so much closer soon now that she's in the city!" Me in denial lmao. Yep that's kinda what I've been thinking, basically having to accept that I don't matter to her nearly as much as her to me.

Posted (edited)

but we'll be so much closer soon now that she's in the city!" Me in denial lmao. 

You too??? At first I thought that what was to blame for our disconnection was that she was going to uni in a different country so "we don't see each other enough, it's normal" Then she announced she was moving back to our country to go to a different uni, a different city from me but very close to our hometown, so I was immediately like "Oh my gosh! We'll see each other so much more now! We'll organize day trips! We can even get to know the city together [it was one neither of us had lived in before]!" And guess what happened? Not the day trips, that's for sure lol

Edited by Nevermore

Posted

I'm way into my 20s but at times I still sleep with a night light on.

I feel the worse my mental health is the harder I find it to sleep/lay awake in complete darkness, adds fuel to the fire.

I find it really embarassing but whatever lol.

Posted

I'm way into my 20s but at times I still sleep with a night light on.

I feel the worse my mental health is the harder I find it to sleep/lay awake in complete darkness, adds fuel to the fire.

I find it really embarassing but whatever lol.

I'm in my twenties, still sleep with stuffed animals. I feel like I'm unable to sleep if I don't have my arms wrapped around something. it wasn't entirely awkward if I had my ex boyfriends lay in my bed with me, I told them, they thought it was "cute".

wonder how long it'll remain "cute" until I'm considered too old to like stuffies anymore :alpacaworry2:

Posted

I read on Episode way too much...

Posted (edited)

Edited by fabienne
TMI

Posted

The word cock is so funny. Everytime I see that word in smut fanfiction I end up laughing. 

Posted

The word cock is so funny. Everytime I see that word in smut fanfiction I end up laughing. 

Speaking of uncomfortable words, the word 'moist' makes me cringe

Posted

Just found out Sherlock may have a 5th season by 2023 two days ago and I have been screaming inside since. 

Posted

I don't even like my Dakota pfp but at this point I'm afraid to change it lmao

Posted (edited)

I'm in my twenties, still sleep with stuffed animals. I feel like I'm unable to sleep if I don't have my arms wrapped around something. it wasn't entirely awkward if I had my ex boyfriends lay in my bed with me, I told them, they thought it was "cute".

wonder how long it'll remain "cute" until I'm considered too old to like stuffies anymore :alpacaworry2:

i'll be 24 this saturday and i still have with me a pillow (it's small now since i've grown up) i have ever since i was born, i can sleep without it but there are times i will miss it. whenever i sleep i really like to caress it with my hands cos it's comforting.

Edited by blvck

Posted

Yaknow what, I'll just drop these in here

• I used to be a anonymous NSFW artist back in sophomore year + made money off of it but I stopped when I got a job at some pizza place. 
  • I regret not playing the waiting/reading game with this genuinely nice guy that I met 2 years ago, he's very shy and introverted but overall a nice person, I had just got out of a toxic relationship and friendship when he came and I immediately wanted to connect with him (he approached me first), I feel like such a fucking asshole abt it cause I decided to cut contacts when I grew impatient (It went on for a year and a half), he's dealing with some stuff at home (his parents' divorce, etc) but I chose to leave because I just couldn't take it anymore, then I found out how much that hurted him and now I genuinely think I am the shittiest person alive + made me scared to get into a relationship again. 
  •  Is anyone just so fucking scared to show their face on the internet? Like I have a personal account and a fan account on my social medias but I never show my face in them, even in family pictures unless it is a special occasion like birthdays. 
  • Girls are always so pretty to me, I'm not even kidding, like I have never seen a girl and thought "wow she's ugly" unless she has a shitty personality (or if i'm looking in the mirror). I kind of noticed this when a friend of mine went on a long rant about her insecurities, I have always thought she's so beautiful, this kind of thinking even made me question my sexuality.