• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

449 posts in this topic

Posted

I've contemplated making this thread for quite sometime ...

A confessional thread ! Where Pull members can confess to things their silly younger self did ( or serious if you'd like ) 

So here we go !! 

Confessions of a sillier younger me 

My First confession : 

So we all know how preteen girls can be .... 

Bitches ... ...

I was like 12 years old  in grade 7.......

I don't know why but I was really really sensitive about my breast size.. 

I was also  weirdly obsessed with boobs .. 

I correlated breast size with maturity and being a woman ( because apparently being old is cool ) 

I believed that having them magically made you important .. Higher status. 

Holy crap I was dumb.. 

Anyhoooo, I remember one day this 8th grader came into the changing rooms and bluntly insulted my breasties ....

She called them tiny tattor tots ......

Oh hell no.

So the very next day while getting ready to go home,I found a little folder ...

Full of french .... Atleast 50 pages in it... 

It was hers...

Final end of the year french project... 

I could have returned it ...

But I was butthurt... 

So I took that shit home with me and shredded it to pieces...

Needless to say she failed her french course...

And 8th grade...

Because I was a butthurt child..

I'm still salty about that day she insulted me... 

Dunno why ... 

:hmm:

Posted (edited)

In middle school, I used to bully this one kid on the bus who got off at my stop. I don't even remember what kind of things I said to him. Anything that would get an emotional response from him (not very difficult). I made him cry on his way home pretty much every day. I remember he kind of looked like harry potter (the round glasses mainly) I probably poked fun at that a lot. 

I feel terrible about it to this day. I honestly don't even remember his name, but i can guarantee he remembers mine. He once brought this piece of meteorite that he found to school, it was definitely a meteorite (all burned and rusted, just looked like it came from space and went through the atmosphere). I thought it was really cool and that was maybe the only time I showed him any respect. 

In college I made a girl cry during and after her birthday party that she invited me to. The other party goers were having a religious discussion and I joined in with fellow atheists to contest some of the claims made by the other party goers. Eventually it came down to me and the birthday girl arguing about the logic of believing in god. As I was very drunk and making my way out to go back home; she said to me in a very condescending tone "I will pray for you Matti". My response to her was "Yeah as if that will do anything"; in my mind implying because I'm such a sinner and there's no amount of prayers that could bring me back. She took it to mean because prayers are bullshit and I think her whole belief system is crap and she is an idiot. I left and she cried for the rest of the night. 

I'm a terrible person. 

Edited by Matti

Posted

So the very next day while getting ready to go home,I found a little folder ...

Full of french .... Atleast 50 pages in it... 

I thought I saw the word "fries" in there because I made an accidental leap from tater tots to fries. Was imagining a whole folder of french fry pictures...

Shredding someone's work like that is pretty harsh but making fun of someone's body (during middle school, of all times!) is worse. I don't blame you for going the route you did.

Posted

I thought I saw the word "fries" in there because I made an accidental leap from tater tots to fries. Was imagining a whole folder of french fry pictures...

Shredding someone's work like that is pretty harsh but making fun of someone's body (during middle school, of all times!) is worse. I don't blame you for going the route you did.

Uhg, this girl and her friends made middle school and high school a living nightmare. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm utterly proud of that moment in my life. 

Posted

That's awesome! I'm glad you've managed to improve yourself. I can definitely say that I have similar issues regarding personal hygiene. I don't regularly shower, brush my hair, and the only routine regarding cleanliness I've managed to enforce onto my daily routine is brushing my teeth before I go to bed.

I stay farrrr away from Tumblr, that place is extremely toxic. While there are some areas where people lack understanding and this lack of understanding causes problems, Tumblr gives you this mindset that you're perfect and that everybody else needs to change to accept you when this isn't always the case. I know damn well my personal hygiene is shit. I know damn well I don't bother with keeping my room clean. And the thing is, I can admit that that's a problem.

I find that this kind of "PC Culture" and this whole "You're perfect the way you are, everybody else is the problem!" logic is a Western ideal that comes from individualization which makes people sensitive to criticism as we simply say that anyone who judges us is nothing more than a hater, when in reality they could be making valid claims about you and what you can do to improve yourself. I can admit myself that I'm no good with criticism, but I think I can say that I at least try and the first step to fixing a problem is acknowledgement.

Posted

That's awesome! I'm glad you've managed to improve yourself. I can definitely say that I have similar issues regarding personal hygiene. I don't regularly shower, brush my hair, and the only routine regarding cleanliness I've managed to enforce onto my daily routine is brushing my teeth before I go to bed.

I stay farrrr away from Tumblr, that place is extremely toxic. While there are some areas where people lack understanding and this lack of understanding causes problems, Tumblr gives you this mindset that you're perfect and that everybody else needs to change to accept you when this isn't always the case. I know damn well my personal hygiene is shit. I know damn well I don't bother with keeping my room clean. And the thing is, I can admit that that's a problem.

I find that this kind of "PC Culture" and this whole "You're perfect the way you are, everybody else is the problem!" logic is a Western ideal that comes from individualization which makes people sensitive to criticism as we simply say that anyone who judges us is nothing more than a hater, when in reality they could be making valid claims about you and what you can do to improve yourself. I can admit myself that I'm no good with criticism, but I think I can say that I at least try and the first step to fixing a problem is acknowledgement.

Exactly my thought. For the longest time due to my depression I wouldn't put on makeup and I stopped dressing cute. It got so bad my family members pulled me aside and asked me what was up. I wouldn't have any energy to bathe, wash my hair, or brush my teeth. Of course on tumblr it's perfectly fine to be this way and you're an ableist meanie if you tell someone to take a bath. 

I've also had a hard time staying committed to things. I couldn't stay committed to even the smallest things like where I should eat out. It took me a good while to finally seek out help as to why that is. In fact it's within the last few weeks I've done something about it.

Posted

There is this girl in my year who I have such unreal hate for no reason. I go out of my way to make her feel left out and I constantly make sly comments about her appearence. No one calls me out for it and they generally tell her it's just my personality. But if anything it is just my insecurity, I don't even know why I dislike her.

Posted

Okay sooo when I was a kid I used to share a bath with my little brother. One night we were having a bubble bath and obviously putting the bubbles on our face to make beards. We had a mirror above the bath which was just a little too high, but I could stand up and look in it to admire my bubble facial hair.

Of course my little bro wanted to look in the mirror too, but I told him no because he's too short. He didn't listen to me and climber onto the side of the bath. I was being a mean sister and was annoyed with him for not listening to him, so I grabbed his ankle and pulled him back down. Next thing I know he's screaming and the bath is blood red. My dad came running in and scooped him out of the bath. He came home later that night with his ball sack stitched back together after cutting it open on the tap.

I told everyone that he slipped. Only recently confessed to my now 20 year old brother that it was my fault.

Posted

my confession is...

few years ago i having mentally breakdown due to my family issue,i drop out from university and decided to find a job (my mom kept on saying that my dad had to borrow money for my educational fees) 
i get a job and hope i can lessen my family financial issues and let my brother to continue studies.

i didn't tell my parent the real reason i drop out,i just told them i not interested in study anymore (but the truth i love school).after one year of low payment salary,me and my family (especially my mum) relationship did not go so well,
its feel broken.
my mum kept on nagging on how much i earn,and its a lousy work,no future etc etc each every day (note,i am working as junior animator)
the feel of being a bad daughter and useless child,i tried to end my life,i did tried to run away from home but its getting worst..
i quit the job and i basically stay at my room for the whole 2 months,i not really sociable to anyone that duration.

my brother drop out from college and my parent blame it on me. (every my lil brother did wrong,i will be blame for,its my parent way,blame the elder children if anything goes wrong)

few months later,i get new job as animator also.
the pay is better and the working condition is better than my previously.

life getting well but recently the problem with my mum rising again....

sigh,the feeling of suicidal coming back...
i dont like it...

sorry for the long post

Posted

If I've had a bad day or my mum's being annoying I use her body wash in the shower. It just smells really nice.

Posted

@ayaxalgonquins I'm sorry to hear that. Struggling with a lot of things is difficult but by all means If you ever need someone to talk to,my PMs are always open ^^

My confession is...my mindset was much like Miranda's mindset with her being so hellbent that she was becoming Japanese except I was hellbent with becoming French. Luckily,Reality hit me like a bus a few months later so I was spared but if it didn't oh god,I wonder how ugly it would've become :derp:

many of the cringiest moments  included:

-overnight gain of accent

-Baguettes,berets and MORE baguettes 

-strong denial of actual heritages

-eet iz how I speák in françis on méssage 

-gushed how amazing France was like it was the world's perfect place 

Honestly,even thinking about it makes me feel quite uncomfortable :alpacadone: along with the fact that I did rudely tease many people and acted so egotistical.

Another confession I have is that when I was young,our building used key fobs and one day,a girl who always got under my skin forgot her fob and tamagotchis on the bench of a small park near the building. I knew it was hers because she bragged so much about her new toys so I took the tamagotchis and threw the fob over the fence and into another apartment area's garden. I still have those tamagotchis--

Posted

@sachi-the-cat i will lay down on the corner of my room,cover myself with all the soft toys i have to calm me down

@DoctorX thanks ^^ if i need someone to talk to,i wont hesitate to pm you 

Posted

Me & my boyfriend both got head lice while on holiday #relationshipgoals

Posted

I spend way too much time on this site and I wish I knew about it earlier