• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

simply_kenna

9033 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh man. I know what they're trying to say, but that feeling is far from neutral. I don't know if anyone else here had to do this, but when I was first diagnosed with ptsd/social anxiety I was in a depressive episode as well and my therapist had me fill in a type of questionnaire to work out how bad it was - and on there you can pick answers ranking from "mild" to "really bad", and the sadness options were: "I sometimes cry", "I cry all the time", "I can't cry even though I'd want to". I'm paraphrasing, but you get my point. Grieving/crying is a release and if that is blocked by your depression, you're pretty deep into it. We often adopt behaviours that numb us, but that doesn't mean that we're not still experiencing some sort of discomfort and the lingering feeling that something is wrong. "Neutral" makes it sound like it's whatever and that's not how I have experienced depression, ever. 

Also, just saying that again, if that really is the case, she should be in therapy. Her friends should tell her to seek help. If she means what she said about her thinking about death, she should get help. 

As someone who has depression/social anxiety/panic disorder I completely agree with you. If this is the case kenna needs to get help! I hope she isnt just using this to seem like "edgy" or whatever because its a serious problem. School/work was so hard for me because of my depression and anxiety I had no motivation and a lot of people took it as a laziness which is a part of the stigma of depression. Kenna needs to get diagnosed and get help.... that is if she isnt bullshitting of course. 

Posted

Screenshot_20171026-205650.thumb.png.1a8wow, a month after the trip, TWO WHOLE DAYS TO EDIT? The absolute madman. Boy was i wrong before, she is the perfect representation for the hardworking, determined, working class of the united states. If her success story doesnt inspire you, idk what will.

I'd laugh if it ends up being like 3 minutes long, girl who are you trying to fool. 

Posted

Is she addressing PULL again? I don't think any of her fans are the ones accusing her of slacking off...

Posted

when I have a bpd crisis I kinda like to post or reblog things on tumblr, is not ig and I'm not famous but whenever im bad I do this, if I had more attention online like she does I would probably do it too honestly :(

I'm sorry if I offended you :( I don't have experiences like that but when I do feel off/anxious/sad/depressed I usually don't go online or if I do it's just for listening to music.

Posted

I honestly don't understand how she's content with her lifestyle -or how any of her followers consider it "goals".

She literally does nothing productive for society at all. I'm going to quote the amazing Marina and the Diamonds and ask you, Kenna, are you satisfied with an average life? 

Her days consist on getting up late, watching anime until late night and procrastinating her "book" and her freaking YouTube channel, which is her job, and which she needs because she "lives paycheck to paycheck". Don't you think sometimes I don't feel like going to class? But I go because I need to so I can graduate and work in my dream job. Don't you think people who work from 9-5 or even more sometimes would rather stay in bed? But they get up because they need the money to live and eat.

Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of 'living paycheck to paycheck' but I'd say if I were in that situation and my job was YouTube, I'd be recording and editing and posting non stop. I get it's hard to come up with ideas, find the materials and all... but that's a job. I can't take her job seriously when she can't do it herself.

Maybe it's my upbringing, but it baffles me how someone can put so little effort into everything she does and be okay with it.

Her overall bratty, unapologetically privileged and entitled attitude gets on my nerves:alpacadone:

Posted

i am so done with her laziness, because just like what a lot of you guys already stated, she is incredibly lazy. and then she comes up with all these bullshit excuses as to why she’s procrastinating. honestly, i do enjoy her videos from time to time but moaning that you “live paycheck to paycheck” isn’t so weird when you know that she doesn’t do anything productive with her life ever and i just can’t even bring myself to feel sorry for her. i really wish the best for her and i hoped she would change for the better (at some points she did, i haven’t seen her plagiarising for example) but i guess it’s in vain 🤷🏼‍♀️

Posted

This is exactly the reason why going to college is a good idea even when you want to be self-employed. College teaches you to work hard and push yourself beyond your limits.