• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

simply_kenna

9032 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm not a fan of her new style at all, I much prefer her boho lookbooks! This just seems like a toddler outfit 

at least now she's not using the g-word or telling buddhists how to practise their religion so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seriously though, I personally love these outfits, pale pink and white is one of my favourite colour combos. I think she is experimenting with her style to kind of emphasise 'turning over a new leaf'.

Also the white blouse and dungaree combo is A+:alpacacrush:

[edit]Okay maybe the dungarees look shitty but the color is nice

Edited by kuragehiime
i put on my glasses

Posted

a lil late but eh the orange / red hair doesnt suit her at all, and to me it still looks extremely fried..

Posted

About the aromanticism: Kenna said in The Star Wars tag that she doesn't wanna be alone (in romantic way) for the rest of her life. But I bet if someone asked her about it, she would say something like... she wants "boy soulmate". 

Posted

honestly I feel like if she would have gone out in the sun this summer and gone back to being a brunette it would have been a much better summer aesthetic. I mean she low-key looks sick bc of how unnaturally pale she's trying to stay and the washed out filters  

Posted

honestly I feel like if she would have gone out in the sun this summer and gone back to being a brunette it would have been a much better summer aesthetic. I mean she low-key looks sick bc of how unnaturally pale she's trying to stay and the washed out filters  

I feel you, but she might be naturally pale? I am myself and I try to avoid the sun because I turn red in an instant. I don't know, I don't watch her videos a lot.

Her hair looks really damaged compared to older pictures of her. Bleach, dye, henna, it has been through a lot.

Posted

Nah Homegurl has a nice skincolour not this whitewashed filter bullshit
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/8e/7f/38/8e7f38a721a595de00d56e1ccf436196--simply-kenna-youtubers.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fb/a3/a6/fba3a69697965f9c26155c84ef81feb3.jpg

even when she's not that tanned she has a nicer skincolour then what she edits herself to

Ähnliches FotoBildergebnis für simply kenna candid
I mean afterall she wants to play her 'POC' card sometimes

You are completely correct! I am very sorry, I haven't been involved in her drama for very long. When I look at it, I am very envious of her skincolour, it's a beautiful tan shade.

I have a fully turkish friend with quite fair skin, so I thought she might be like them. My mistake!

Posted

Nah Homegurl has a nice skincolour not this whitewashed filter bullshit
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/8e/7f/38/8e7f38a721a595de00d56e1ccf436196--simply-kenna-youtubers.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fb/a3/a6/fba3a69697965f9c26155c84ef81feb3.jpg

even when she's not that tanned she has a nicer skincolour then what she edits herself to

Ähnliches FotoBildergebnis für simply kenna candid
I mean afterall she wants to play her 'POC' card sometimes

She definetly is tan. I don't get why she wants to be so pale, I'm the shade that she whitewashes herself (maybe a little darker?) and  people judge me a lot and tell me I should go to a doctor even though I have been like this my whole life.

Posted

She definetly is tan. I don't get why she wants to be so pale, I'm the shade that she whitewashes herself (maybe a little darker?) and  people judge me a lot and tell me I should go to a doctor even though I have been like this my whole life.

It could be her weeaboo/koreaboo phase. Having pale skin is considered beautiful in Asia (mostly China, Japan, and Korea). She only uses the SNOW filters because it makes your skin paler (SNOW is a Korean SnapChat).

Posted

It could be her weeaboo/koreaboo phase. Having pale skin is considered beautiful in Asia (mostly China, Japan, and Korea). She only uses the SNOW filters because it makes your skin paler (SNOW is a Korean SnapChat).

That's what I was thinking, whiter skin is more desirable there(like its seen as more attractive) And I feel she is avoiding the sun all the time because she lives in SoCal.

On the topic of skin colour she is white. Like yes she has many photos being tan, that doesn't mean that's her natural colour. I live by the beach and naturally I am a lot paler when its not summer. The pale is her natural skin tone, she does however heavily edit the pics to make them look less colourful, its clear bc of the clothes she's wearing. When in photos with fans her skin tone and clothes are a lot more vivid.

Posted

I don't know to be honest. Her bias in BTS is Kim Namjoon/Rap Monster and he is known for being a  bit tanner and not caring about skin colour. C4eaxH5W8AAgvLW.thumb.jpg.aeb2818f2809e9a749dfe0f132876c7f8fbbbee6f9996d--rap-mo (i love him so much)

Maybe her aesthetic is paler skin? Cause her whole instagram theme is white/orange/pink.

Posted (edited)

Just to pop in, I am genuinely confused about her pinned comment.Screen_Shot_2017-08-15_at_6.05.22_PM.thu

Are carnivals and fairs different to Disneyland then? Since Disney has parades and rides, I wondered if there was a difference between them, otherwise, this comment doesn't really add up or make sense.

This makes me so angry words cannot describe.

Panic disorder does not have triggers. 

That is the SOLE difference between panic disorder and panic attacks. Panic attacks have triggers, panic disorder is completely random and unexpected.

This. 

Makes.

Me.

So.

Angry.

She will not stop at anything will she? Has to play whatever victim cards she has? 

Panic disorder has single handedly ruined my life. You could be sitting in a meadow with a baby deer beside you, a pile a money and the love of your life and no work and STILL get the dreaded and crippling fear that turns you into a shaking, panicking, crying mess.

This is not okay by any means.

I surely believe she has panic attacks at these places, but I can almost guarantee she does not have panic disorder.

Not to mention PD means you're experiencing at least one panic attack a week for over a month before you are even able to be diagnosed. 

This is extremely insensitive and insulting to those of us who have to live like this daily. 

I've creeped for a while, but this made me make an account because I HAD to say something, this was like a slap in the face. Another youtuber making a mockery of mental illness to get brownie points. 

Edited by gobbles
removed swear words

Posted

I can explain the skin colour thing! 

There is a tool in photoshop called "Selective Color" it's one of the easier methods to remove additional colours from white. Say your photo has a white background but it's tinted yellow/warm? Selective colour will remove the warmth from the image. Many many youtube videos done about the process, would have been easy for her to learn. 

I highly suspect she is using this method, only it's clear she's not a pro at it or she'd know how to remove the selective colour from her skin. It's enough of a difference that it won't change the mid levels of the image but it will remove the tones from her skin - hence why she's pale instead of tan. 

Posted

Finally new video! 

I was not expecting for her to still have pink hair in her new video... And i did see the pinned comment of her saying this video was right before her ginger hair, but 3 days just to edit a 3 minute video and yes i know she records longer but no more that 10-20, it's a look book just in her  damn room. I mean i see why she doesn't have a schedule she slacks a lot. If this is her job why is she not more responsible and actually try to post on a regular schedule uploading days? ( i might be reaching though)