• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

simply_kenna

9033 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm kinda surprised a lot of guys don't remember her raving about pre-autumn and meteorological autumn (Sept 1 in her Autumn Tag) last year. Also she's not special to the "August = almost Halloween" idea, around this time I always see people thinking the same thing on twitter.

All this pre-Autumn thing is something that really bothers me and I am even someone extremely fascinated by the Autumn season/Autumn colours/how nature looks in this period/macabre-spooky stuff etc...

In Italy summer last long...now is the peak and is still really hot all September and sometime even in October so for me is unthinkable to associate August with Autumn. Now that I live in UK is more easy to feel that kind of vibe because we have Summer for one week here  and then is just rain and cold  :alpacasad: The more I think about this "pre-autumn" the more i feel the urge to bump my head over my desk...

Posted

All this pre-Autumn thing is something that really bothers me and I am even someone extremely fascinated by the Autumn season/Autumn colours/how nature looks in this period/macabre-spooky stuff etc...

In Italy summer last long...now is the peak and is still really hot all September and sometime even in October so for me is unthinkable to associate August with Autumn. Now that I live in UK is more easy to feel that kind of vibe because we have Summer for one week here  and then is just rain and cold  :alpacasad: The more I think about this "pre-autumn" the more i feel the urge to bump my head over my desk...

I agree with that, in most of Europe August is the main summer month, so she can keep her pre-autumn where she got it from. I also get looking forward to autumn and it becoming cooler and rainier around September but why isn't September enough for that? It's just dumb to call the hottest, sunniest month of the year anything with autumn.

Makes me wonder if she's gonna run around in her autumn aesthetics in Japan as well, it's not as hot as in August there anymore in September but still can easily go up to 30°C between the typhoons if there's sunshine.

Posted

I agree with that, in most of Europe August is the main summer month, so she can keep her pre-autumn where she got it from. I also get looking forward to autumn and it becoming cooler and rainier around September but why isn't September enough for that? It's just dumb to call the hottest, sunniest month of the year anything with autumn.

Makes me wonder if she's gonna run around in her autumn aesthetics in Japan as well, it's not as hot as in August there anymore in September but still can easily go up to 30°C between the typhoons if there's sunshine.

I was thinking about the same thing...she is always talking about autumn and bla bla bla...she should have booked her trip in Japan for October when everything is in Halloween mode and the trees turns yellow and red <3 but the prices for the flight are more expensive and probably she choose the less pricey one...

Posted

to be honest I don't mind the pre autumn stuff because the reason I followed kenna in the first place was for the autumn stuff tbh. Also I really hate the summer and hot weather so I'd rather autumn came quickly so it doesn't bother me much if she posts about it. (Not whiteknighting, just my thoughts)

All that bothers me is that she instantly changes personality and aesthetic... like her last few posts on Instagram and stuff were all pink and kawaii but now she's gone back to rustics and pumpkins?? I get wanting a change but she changes soooo quickly I just don't know how she keeps up with herself, and how people continue to follow her when she changes everything about her style every few months (or weeks when it comes to her bandwagon fandoms and things)

Posted

I don't really care about pre-Autumn, I think getting angry over it is really pointless. I don't think it should really matter whether she wears summer or fall clothes, she's done this for a while so it's nothing new.

Posted (edited)

((Oh boy, sorry for the double post... First post I've ever made here..))

Hello! 

I'm new at posting here, and just thought I would mention something that I wasn't sure was brought up/noticed before.

She uploaded her Kiki's Delivery Service DIY July 22nd (Way after she announced she was going to Japan and was studying Japanese??)

If you watch how she writes even the simple-est of Katakana (for Kiki) and Hiragana you can see she doesn't have any clue what she's even writing lol.

Her stroke orders are so wrong, and are shown in the first order of when she wrote "  おとどはものい足します。キキ "

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't she been practicing Hiragana and Katakana since at least April/May from what I have seen

You would think since she is "studying" to go to Japan she would remember at least the stroke order... Not to mention how to write Hiragana correctly to begin with. It seems like she was just copying off of an image without really reading or trying to understand what she was writing, which isn't really setting a good image when you're making a DIY that is catering to more than half of your subscribers I would say? 

When I first was reading what she was writing I had no clue at first what the " おとどはも " meant as her " とど " looked the most similar to a backwards "ろ"

(Forgive me I am still learning Japanese so I may be incorrect, but I thought it was worth mentioning)

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by yummy

Posted

I'm kinda surprised a lot of guys don't remember her raving about pre-autumn and meteorological autumn (Sept 1 in her Autumn Tag) last year. Also she's not special to the "August = almost Halloween" idea, around this time I always see people thinking the same thing on twitter.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-03_at_8.51.14_AM.thu

Glad I have your approval to "wear whatever I want, whenever I want," Kenna. Could've never done it without your highness decreeing that it's okay.

That fucking ego...

Posted

Glad I have your approval to "wear whatever I want, whenever I want," Kenna. Could've never done it without your highness decreeing that it's okay.

That fucking ego...

correction you mean "wear whatever you want but not my extremely unique aesthetic that I got off of pinterest by searching up BASIC" 

Posted

Damn, I have been wearing the skeleton tights during the whole spring and exceptionally cold June. Hope the Queen won't be angry because she didn't give me the permission to do so...

Posted

I was watching her sister's live Instagram video a few days ago, and Kenna doesn't really have furniture in her room. Besides the kiddie loft bed and a desk. People in the video kept sending positive messages to her and she didn't really respond to them.

Posted

Screen_Shot_2017-08-03_at_8.51.14_AM.thu

Here where I'm from August is also the main summer month, and since I love summer I could never call it pre-autumn.

If I were her, I would go by the usual autumn start (late September), call September the 'pre-autumn' month and enjoy autumn all the way until late december. If your autumn starts in September you will only enjoy "brown leaves and chill weather" in October and November for the most part, and she lives in California so I doubt September is a particularly cold month.

And also, I don't think wearing autumn-y clothes in summer is not socially acceptable as she says, it is just weird to wear tights and scarves if it's boiling hot outside 😂

Posted

Here where I'm from August is also the main summer month, and since I love summer I could never call it pre-autumn.

If I were her, I would go by the usual autumn start (late September), call September the 'pre-autumn' month and enjoy autumn all the way until late december. If your autumn starts in September you will only enjoy "brown leaves and chill weather" in October and November for the most part, and she lives in California so I doubt September is a particularly cold month.

And also, I don't think wearing autumn-y clothes in summer is not socially acceptable as she says, it is just weird to wear tights and scarves if it's boiling hot outside 😂

She has said before that she only considers Autumn to be September and October, in November she starts up with Christmas decor. 😒

Posted

This may have been brought up before, but am I the only one who gets annoyed that the "Queen of Autumn" cuts the season off in November? If she loves fall so much, why doesn't she make it last...?

Posted

I was watching her sister's live Instagram video a few days ago, and Kenna doesn't really have furniture in her room. Besides the kiddie loft bed and a desk. People in the video kept sending positive messages to her and she didn't really respond to them.

maybe thats because of her minimalist phase? A lot of people who live after minimalism only have a bed and a wardrobe. Although it surprises me a bit not gonna lie

Posted

A bit OT but I checked Socialblade again and it's kid of suspicious. She usually has at most 2-3 people subscribe at once. However...Screenshot_(37).thumb.png.5be811f7e61102Screenshot_(38).thumb.png.b74aacf69895e6

In 10 seconds, she had 37 subscribers at once.