• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

simply_kenna

9033 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like this is the "other side of the camera" 2.0.,not a real apology and acknowledging what's wrong just "I made a mistake sorry im human" in a vague way.

Yes she apologised but how the hell could she not when people have been begging for it for a month.But it doesn't even feel like an apology.She still won't blatantly say what she did.

She said"I didn't mean to steal"like girl you know you traced a bunch of drawings and you ovbiously tried to claim them.People make mistakes and you can apologise and make it better but how can you do that when you won't own up to it.

I personally felt fakeness radiating from my screen and it was really difficult to watch.

You guys might accept this apology and that's totally fine but i can't.Not when she still has the artwork online,not when she doesn't properly apologise to people she's hurt.Just my opinion. (sorry i can't spoiler i'm on mobile)

Posted

Yeeeaaaah no Kenna.

I sincerely despise I'm-sorry-ifs. Stating "oh it was just unclear, it was just a misunderstanding, I thought it was obvious..." That's an I'm-sorry-if, too. Never admitting guilt. No acceptance of wrongdoings. Just a little boo-boo that anyone could have done. Things just happened to happen that way and it was unfortunate. 

See, that's not how this situation could have possibly played out. Plagiarism is an intentional action, and not ever something that happens by accident. It's not just a little whoopsie. It's a little whoopsie when you're 12 or 13. By the time you're an adult, you've been taught that plagiarism is wrong many times and you willfully ignore it because you like the attention plagiarizing gets you so long as you don't get caught.

I'll believe this fake apology when I see her stop plagiarizing for a good, long time. But I know it won't happen because I have more creativity in my pinky toenail than Kenna has in her whole body, and her whole "career" was based on this farce of her being a creative person.

Posted

just watched her latest video. is it an apology or is homegirl just reciting e.e. cummings?

confused.thumb.gif.872f612e708c2f7a17fc5

Posted

Ohhhhh boy, here we go!

I am honestly on the fence when it comes to this.
I've never been someone who wanted to be hard on people, so I have this instant reaction of trying to see the good in this but my gut feeling is advising me to stay cautious.
The first thing is, that maybe her apology-poem was sincere and heartfelt when she wrote it. Maybe she really did try to make it into something personal where she clearly had to spend some time thinking about the proper words. Yet, while rehearsing it, reciting, editing, maybe repeating the poem over and over it clearly lost the authenticity something like this so desperately needs. This is not helped by the fact that she is awfully vague and not really mentioning the people she apologises to - not even in the description.
Also, it somehow feels like an attempt to let everything revolve around aesthetics again? Yes, put on a nice flower crown, recite a poem and put music in the background, so it looks...pretty at least?

Ahhh...But I DO WANT to believe she is sincere. There is just no way for us to check since what she chose to put out was heavily scripted and thus -by nature- somehow fake. Why would she do something like that? Wouldn't she know that the humanity and emotion of her video would get lost in the process? Heavy theatrics wasn't the way to go.

I am willing to accept this - for now.
But I am not going to forget. My instinct is still trying to warn me against someone so fixated on image she makes a show out of a freaking apology? Anyway. We'll see. She better really have learned, she better never do something like this again. Her dropping subscribers show that this very well might be her last chance to become a better person through this.

I am hoping for the best. And bracing myself for a disappointment.

Posted

Then again, at least she made this video. At least she publicly admitted she did something wrong. She did it in a completely inadequate form, very vaguely, in a very self centered way. She obviously wanted to make us pity her, hence the sad music and comparing herself to witches. But at least she apologized. In a very 'Kenna' way, but still. Her subscribers count is dropping rapidly, I think she got what she deserves. I just wish now she apologized to Emilia, Olli and every artist she plagiarized, and tag every original artist on her Instagram and YouTube. Doubt she'll do it, though.

Let's see how it unfolds. It's not hard to believe she really has huge problems with apologizing and I appreciate she did. The consequences of her actions are quite serious (lost subscribers), so I hope it'll make her be more careful in the future. She obviously has some problems with self image and control, she should work on that.

Posted

>"i know i'm not the victim here"

> spends over half the video complaining about how she's the victim

apology was weak af. here's my crash course on How to Apologize Without Being a Dick: full explanation & evaluation on the things you've done, self-critique, how you're gonna make it better for the future, no bullshit 'pity me' spiel, quit defending yourself over minor shit, and most importantly: be fucking sincere and real about it? nobody fuckin wants your circus tricks. if someone apologized to me and wrote a fuckin poem about it, i'd smack that shit outta their hands 

only good thing in this video was her owning up to being a pussy when it comes to apologies. half of the real "here's what i've done" was in the description which was some cowardly ass bullshit. and even then, it wasn't a true rundown on her mistakes. she's too prideful to even face the camera and own up to the decisions that she's made over these last years. pathetic

Posted (edited)

APOLOGY APOLOGY!!!

An apology in poem form just makes it hard for Kenna to really explain in detail what has been going on the past few weeks and all the things she was called out for in the past. It was kinda hard for me to understand what she's trying to get at the first time I watched the video so I pretty much just typed out what she said in spoiler view for others as well: 

My cards are all out on the table now. 
Will you look, or will you fold?

Am I a human? Am I a monster? Or am I something in-between? 
You see, I try to be the hero but that's not real. 
I've done bad things; 
I've told tales, false regales. 
I've thrown pebbles, sticks and stones.
I've hurt people and behind covers — it made me feel much less alone.

Most times I wouldn't see the faults I've made 'til tables turned. 
And once they did, I knew how witches felt to be accused against their word.
And sometimes I think assumptions just might be the death of me, for I assume that people know the things I think and things I see.
And when others make assumptions of their own eyes and their own mind, that's when trouble surely follows because assumptions lead to lies.

I wasn't trying to take the credit, I was never trying to deceive. 
But people often fail to listen once there is something they believe.
And it's so easy for tales to twist, thoughts to mix, and words to spread. 
And it's so easy to pass on judgement when all you can see is red. 

But I know I am not the victim here, for my carelessness made things unclear.
And for that, I'll accept my fate and I'll learn from my mistakes.
For I am someone who slips often, I fear my bed is my own coffin. 
But I won't laid to rest just yet, even if I'm in over my head.
And I'm sorry. 
Hear me, I'm sorry.

For me that's somehow hard to say.
You see, when people demand apologies, I tend to run away.
I'm not sure why, it's something deep inside — a fault I need to fix.

My spoken words won't seem to work and so instead, I resort to this: 
An apology through poetry is me in my rawest form.
I hope you'll hear these words, 
I hope they'll mean something,
I hope they'll mend what I have torn.

Although I know for some, this won't be enough.
I hope the rest will hear me out, for this is my apology, my white flag waving proud.

Am I a human? Am I monster? Or am I just a living thing?
Am I good? Or am I evil? 
I think we're all just in-between.

Edited by InternetExplorer

Posted

Then again, at least she made this video. At least she publicly admitted she did something wrong. She did it in a completely inadequate form, very vaguely, in a very self centered way. She obviously wanted to make us pity her, hence the sad music and comparing herself to witches. But at least she apologized. In a very 'Kenna' way, but still. Her subscribers count is dropping rapidly, I think she got what she deserves. I just wish now she apologized to Emilia, Olli and every artist she plagiarized, and tag every original artist on her Instagram and YouTube. Doubt she'll do it, though.

Let's see how it unfolds. It's not hard to believe she really has huge problems with apologizing and I appreciate she did. The consequences of her actions are quite serious (lost subscribers), so I hope it'll make her be more careful in the future. She obviously has some problems with self image and control, she should work on that.

I really like this response. As we've seen, Kenna can be problematic. And obviously she has trouble apolgizing. But she made it. And that's something.  I agree, we just need to see where it goes. I think that she's already paid her dues by losing subscribers and views. Now we move on. From here I think I'll try to judge her on current actions, not the past.

Posted

An apology in poem just makes it hard for Kenna to really explain in detail what has been going on the past few weeks and all the things she was called out for in the past. It was kinda hard for me to understand what she's trying to get at the first time I watched the video so I pretty much just typed out what she said in spoiler view for others as well: 

Hidden Content

key: *** not sure what she meant here 

("See red" is when someone is very angry and can't see past that anger)

Her choice of words is incredibly arrogant. "For I assume that people know the things I think and things I see" People aren't as smart as I and they misunderstand! 

"But people often fail to listen..." Not "I made a mistake", loud and clear, it's the people that failed to listen!

"You see, when people demand apologies...." No commentary needed here

"Me in my rawest form" We've already said why this is bullshit

"I think we're all just in-between" An effort to get you to sympathize with her by using "we"

Do I accept this apology? Yes. Do I forgive her? Absolutely not. But we'll all wait and see indeed.

Posted

That was probably the worst attempt of an apology I've ever seen. Really? A poem? 

At least she acknowledged she did something wrong but holy fuck. 

Posted (edited)

I hadn't thought of it like that lol. Definitely could be that yeah😂 I see what you mean, yes, focusing on aesthetics isn't something you should do when apologising. (And agree on the improvement part too. Again I hadn't thought of it like that.)

I tried to quote you @oppsididitagain but for some reasong I can't, sorry 😦

But I hope she starts again and for real now. I think apologising publicly has been hard for her, she's definitely proud when it comes to owning up to her mistakes and if she lurks in and sees everyone tearing her attempt apart it may make her decide it's not worth it to ever bother again and maybe continue doing what we have all criticised so let's cross our fingers and see.

Or maybe I'm just too innocent and believe the most blatant of lies which can be:alpacaworry:

Edited by castleinthesky