• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

563 posts in this topic

Posted

I just finished watching her Japan vlogs and wanted to throw in my two cents. I first heard of this girl when I saw her appear in Sharla's video that I stopped watching halfway through because of the secondhand embarrassment I was feeling (So many awkward vibes), and skipped over Jillians video from the same day. 

The vlogs however... I've never watched her until now and I see people on here saying how materialistic she is, and honestly this is beyond materialism. It felt weird to me that they (she and her mom) were in Japan and all they did was shop. Like you could tell that her mom was only there because it was something Jillian wanted to do and that's very sweet, but all the girl wanted to do was shop and since she's obviously the one who knows more about Japanese culture, it's a shame she didn't show her mom more of a good time. 

I ended up watching the amusement park vlog last and was thinking "Fantastic! They're finally going somewhere and doing something other than shopping!", but no they only went to the amusement park so Jillian could freak out over a pretty cure show for a minute and then they went and shopped some more. It struck me as odd that they didn't want to buy tickets for the rides or the other parts of the park but spent all of that money shopping. 

What really made me detest the vlog was Jillian whining about the gonala ride, because it didn't seem like she was actually scared, and was just complaing to complain and just "wanted to get to the pretty cure show". Honestly the gondala ride seemed like the most exciting thing they did the whole time and she didn't even appreciate it. 

I don't know all in all I just hope her mom at least had some fun because she actually seemed sweet. Like I would love to take my mom to Tokyo and take her to all of the museums, cafes, and amusement parks, and let her look at stationary because she likes that; but Jillian's mom just seemed like she was being dragged around the whole time pursuing anime merch.

Posted

The vlogs however... I've never watched her until now and I see people on here saying how materialistic she is, and honestly this is beyond materialism. It felt weird to me that they (she and her mom) were in Japan and all they did was shop. Like you could tell that her mom was only there because it was something Jillian wanted to do and that's very sweet, but all the girl wanted to do was shop and since she's obviously the one who knows more about Japanese culture, it's a shame she didn't show her mom more of a good time

So true that she really wasted this trip by not doing anything but shop, but what's even sadder is she doesn't actually seem to know much at all about Japanese culture. To her Japan really is just Harajuku and magical girls. 

Her mom did convince her to go to a shrine one day but when Jillian was asked about it she claimed that she lost the footage. She certainly didn't enjoy that real aspect of Japanese culture. 

Posted

To be honest, after reading her lolcow thread, I see the flake in her. It begins with her materialism, to her faking being a lesbian, not working and leeching off her parents, shooping, her weird Japan travel... She doesn't seem interested in Japan at all it's just, like @strawberrysweater said, the Harajuku fashion and her fav Magical Girl anime

Posted

I just finished watching her Japan vlogs and wanted to throw in my two cents. I first heard of this girl when I saw her appear in Sharla's video that I stopped watching halfway through because of the secondhand embarrassment I was feeling (So many awkward vibes), and skipped over Jillians video from the same day. 

I also discovered her through Sharla's videos! I honestly thought she was a sweet, kind girl at first, and it's nice that she's investing herself in different cultures, styles, and etc. but I feel like she's trying way to hard with her "fairy kei" style. It's a cute and all but I think she's more focused on having people perceive her as a "cute little pixie fairy" rather than actually enjoying on what the style has to offer. (Hopefully I made some sense lol)

Posted

anybody got details and updates on her breakup w collin?? 

Posted

To be honest, after reading her lolcow thread, I see the flake in her. It begins with her materialism, to her faking being a lesbian, not working and leeching off her parents, shooping, her weird Japan travel... She doesn't seem interested in Japan at all it's just, like @strawberrysweater said, the Harajuku fashion and her fav Magical Girl anime

I agree. . .to some degree I regret reading her lolcow thread because I really enjoyed her videos but after getting to 'know' her from another perspective I'm kinda taken back...especially with her portayal of mental illlnesses

Posted

anybody got details and updates on her breakup w collin?? 

I've been lurking on her lolcow thread to read about it just because her thread here is not very active. She has been doing livestreams lately and spilling some tea about it.

Here's a summary that I've literally copied and pasted from someone on lolcow because I don't remember all the details myself. 

>Wanted to clear up Colin stuff just so everyone knows:
-Colin ended it bc she needed space.
-With Colin around every day, Jill felt like she couldn't get anything thing done. Confused about her sexuality. Space for lasted for six days bc Jill feels like she needed a break and that moving in scared Colin.
-He didn't want to go out of province-not closure. She feels like she's really hurting but he's fine. Doesn't know if she should wait for him or move on.
-Wants someone who can compromise with her. Frediction is only 3 hrs away and Jill suggested distance, but Colin said no. Wants to give him space.
-Wrote a song about it. Moving for school. Doesn't know if she can be alone. Is finically stable enough to be alone, but isn't emotionally stable enough bc she's constantly surrounded by loving and supporting friends and family. With them it's scary.
-Wanted to talk about their problem sooner before her independence/dependence. Is pissed.
-Moved stream bc she would have been too emotional.
-Inpatient bc she doesn't know how long to wait for him. He said that he moving future stuff scared him.
-Doesn't understand why they broke up bc it was going so well.
-Can't be friends with him. Was friends with him for 5 years, dated for 1 year and 7 months.
-Everyone is happy that they broke up.
-Colon had been distant and less affectionate-maybe it he was surpressing his emotions, even though it hurts her more.
-Has yt, art, and fashion and is passionate about that but Colin and Tristian weren't passionate about their college majors.
-Got asked out on a date by a cute girl on Tinder, set her profile to only girls, but cancelled the date bc she's not over Colin.
-Wants Colin to either tell her or "walk all over her."
-Thought she was going to be strong with this break up.
-Two weeks since the breakup. 6 days of space. Phone call, said she needed space. 12 hours later "I don't need space."
-Colin came over and they were going to nap together but then Jill said "Are you happy?" and Colin said "I don't know."
-Told Colin that she loved him five years ago, but that didn't work out.
-Would rather have it end now than end later when had moved in together.
-Proud that she went to pride an was ok at pride. Went to a show at a bar with Jon. Saw one of Colin's ex's, and saw Walker and they all talked about being able to sympathize bc they had all just recently broken up with other people-while drunk.
-The breakup was sad.

This is what she said in her stream, but lots of people have their own ideas. For example, perhaps Colin didn't like being Jill's accessory all the time. Or he got pissed off about stuff she had been saying recently about how she would really a lesbian if she weren't (at the time) dating someone with a penis. I definitely see how that could make him feel invalidated. 

Posted

Jeez, she has some nerves to say things like she couldn't get anything done without him around etc. After all he supported her! He probably was just sick of kissing her ass. Also she is dragging him on her social media since the moment of the break-up, sharing everything with her thousands of followers while still babbling about privacy. Seriously, I would advice everyone to go to lolcow and read up on the last two threads of her. She is no other than many of these other smaller snowflakes. And again, someone who uses mental illness and bisexuality as a fashionable accessory. I'm disappointed.

Posted

Why on earth does her reflection in the wand look like a scary old lady. Like I'm shook.Screen_Shot_2017-08-22_at_11.29.54_PM.thScreen_Shot_2017-08-22_at_11.32.14_PM.th

Posted

In her latest video one of her 15$ headbands snapped in half.  Also her prom dress looked like Josie Grossie's without the sleeves. I usually lurk but when i saw that dress i wondered if anyone else had noticed.

tumblr_lndqv2Wi5W1qaclw9.gif

Posted

I read way too much of the lolcow thread and she makes me cringe in ways other flakes fail to do so (minus Lon, she makes me cringe so hard my skeleton comes out and walks away).

I watched the recent haul video and when I paused it, I got this...

datface.thumb.PNG.469d0a49178ad80fdececf

I make a similar face when I see her "fashion"... Honestly, for a "creator" she pulls it off poorly and devoted fans make it look better...

Posted

I read way too much of the lolcow thread and she makes me cringe in ways other flakes fail to do so (minus Lon, she makes me cringe so hard my skeleton comes out and walks away).

I watched the recent haul video and when I paused it, I got this...

datface.thumb.PNG.469d0a49178ad80fdececf

I make a similar face when I see her "fashion"... Honestly, for a "creator" she pulls it off poorly and devoted fans make it look better...

yeah the lolcow thread really made me dislike her with her fucking baby talk -.- that is the thing that grinds my gears

Posted

I've read threads on this site for years but never found a reason to actually engage on any of them until I found this one. Admittedly, I am someone who is subscribed to Pixielocks but it's such a love hate relationship. For starters, the whole "party kei" thing really gets to me. I understand that a lot of j-fashion was created because of rebellion (like decora, for example) but people labeling party kei as a new fashion style created by Jillian as a form of rebellion is silly. Her style isn't rebellious, it literally takes aspects of both pop and fairy kei. In fact, pop kei is all about 90s inspired fashion so to think that what she's "created" is something that is unique is just.. Eh. I'd call her style pop kei, and her coords are just inspired by her whole "birthday aesthetic." I wouldn't give it it's own subcategory in fashion at all, to be honest. I'm glad she feels she has her own style and is creating things and wants to go onto being a designer but this whole "Jillian made party kei" discourse is obnoxious. I'm also really bugged by the materialism of it all. $100+ pieces just.. Eh. I feel like she's trying way to hard to show off what she has and to just buy from expensive designers rather than actually put effort into her wardrobe, and her thrift haul shows that. If you compare her to any other person who is is into harajuku fashion, the amount of content in their thrift hauls is night and day. I have no problem with supporting designers, but how she goes about her wardrobe just seems very.. lazy?

Posted

Opinions on her tattoo?Captura.thumb.PNG.e2cd18fde6171f9ec966502.thumb.PNG.3ebc471f180080dc93dd81aee463

Posted (edited)

Opinions on her tattoo?Captura.thumb.PNG.e2cd18fde6171f9ec966502.thumb.PNG.3ebc471f180080dc93dd81aee463

I actually don't really hate it

Edited by Gerbil