• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

546 posts in this topic

Posted

As much as I'm down for her usual fashion sense I really hate her shoe choices especially those irregular choice ones....they're just ugly and overpriced to me thoughts?

Posted

As much as I'm down for her usual fashion sense I really hate her shoe choices especially those irregular choice ones....they're just ugly and overpriced to me thoughts?

She has the tackiest fashion sense. Maybe if she wore her ott shoes with simple clothing it would be fine but she will try to shove as many colors and texture into her outfit. Though I think the rain bunny shoes are especially hideous. The hop alongs and even the 99s are cute while being ott but this is just a cluster fuck. There is too much going on and there are too many colors and textures and they are all too strong. The shoes might have been cute if there weren't any embroidered flowers and pompoms and if it only had one or two saturated colors. Though Jillian was right if her style was a shoe it would be this one. Besides I think she admitted that they were really uncomfortable and they looked too big for her. If I was her I would be disappointed 

Posted

Iirc she also said on Instagram the shoes don't even fit her... So yet another thing to her kawaii Harajuku shelf I guess.

Also she posted another chapter of her Japan vlog, Akiba this time.

Posted

Sharla seems to be really awkward around Pixie throughout the whole video. I would be too if I was a child and her mom was filming her vlog for her the entire time. 

Posted

I like pixie, i rly do, but the girl is so cringy and boring it's incredible that she has a decent following. she kind of reminds me of simply_kenna in the way that she seems define herself soley on her appearance and her interests (although, pixie is a lot more genuine). i just wish there was more to her than "party kei anime grl uwu!!!"

Posted

I like pixie, i rly do, but the girl is so cringy and boring it's incredible that she has a decent following. she kind of reminds me of simply_kenna in the way that she seems define herself soley on her appearance and her interests (although, pixie is a lot more genuine). i just wish there was more to her than "party kei anime grl uwu!!!"

I'm really curious about her life outside the pastel-anime fashion stuff she shows online.

Like, there are two or three videos where she brings up her love of MUSE. More stuff like that would be interesting. She's got to have more to her life. 

Posted (edited)

According to lolcow her stylist used cheap dye anyway.

Seriously, why won't she give up dying until her hair? Give it some time to recover. At this rate she's going to be balding by 20.

Also, before her Japan vlog she posted a new video talking about the closing of Jfashion magazines.

Sorry for responding to a pretty old post (I'm relatively new to both PULL and pixielocks), but I swear her opinions in her video on the death of Harajuku are just stolen directly from this article written by Tokyo Fashion: https://medium.com/@TokyoFashion/panic-on-the-streets-no-the-end-of-fruits-magazine-is-not-the-end-of-harajuku-fashion-c3692761a507 I don't like how she acts like an authority on the subject when she isn't even in the Harajuku fashion scene and I'm 99% sure she just read this article and then turned her camera on for this rant.

((By the way, I actually mostly like pixie. Just FYI since I haven't posted on this thread before. :alpacawink:))

Edit May 20: After reading all the shit about her that I didn't know about before, I don't really like her anymore.

Edited by strawberrysweater

Posted

For all the people who keep shitting on her for wearing what she wants to wear.. Watch this video.

Also..

Posted

For all the people who keep shitting on her for wearing what she wants to wear.. Watch this video.

Also..

yeah, cool but I'm pretty sure people make fun of her not because she dresses different but because she doesn't dress well. I mean stealthespotlight has good sense of style and her quirky clothing is not my cup of tea but it is leagues better than whatever clusterfuck Jill chooses to wear. It is not even her individual clothing items but how she puts them together. She can wear what she wants and no one is stopping her. And no one is saying she is too old to wear what she wears but that her fashion is weird (and tacky) and she looks older than she actually is (though her clothes aren't helping)  .

Posted

So I was in the cosplay contest that she judged and won, and let me tell you that was the epitome of unfair. She was also a guest for the con, so that's like, so pandering. Basically that's why I dislike her. I mean, her cosplay was good, but not NEAR as good as others that were there.

Posted

yeah, cool but I'm pretty sure people make fun of her not because she dresses different but because she doesn't dress well. I mean stealthespotlight has good sense of style and her quirky clothing is not my cup of tea but it is leagues better than whatever clusterfuck Jill chooses to wear. It is not even her individual clothing items but how she puts them together. She can wear what she wants and no one is stopping her. And no one is saying she is too old to wear what she wears but that her fashion is weird (and tacky) and she looks older than she actually is (though her clothes aren't helping)  .

Same :-)

I'm only loosely following her, mainly because her content is a bit too cringey for me and not that interesting. I don't hate her though, and she doesn't seem like a bad person. I don't think the problem is her age, but that she doesn't dress well. The way she puts together her items and what she chooses... it's way over the top. I've watched some of her Japanese videos, and I can see what she wants to do with her fashion, but it's too tacky for me (?)  - like this weird fringy rainbow-colour sweater she bought. Compared with her make-up and hair and accessories it's simply too much in my opinion. (But to each their own I guess)

Btw. I have the same complaint about Becky sometimes, and she is not even nearly dressing as weird as Jillian does (imo Becky also has not the right feeling of how to put things together sometimes, but sometimes she has) Other girls like Sophie manage to go all the way with their styling and pull it off really well.

Posted

Hands up, I'm a newb!

...but what's a technicolor punk? :$

Posted

So I was in the cosplay contest that she judged and won, and let me tell you that was the epitome of unfair. She was also a guest for the con, so that's like, so pandering. Basically that's why I dislike her. I mean, her cosplay was good, but not NEAR as good as others that were there.

She was the judge of a contest that she competed in? How did that work? 

Posted

Jillian has been tweeting very stuff about not feeling great so I checked her videos and all the ones with Colin have been deleted, they're also not friends on facebook anymore, I think they've broken up