• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

609 posts in this topic

Posted

EDIT: On her community tab she claims there was some 'odd editing issue" and it will be re-uploded shorty.

No clue I'm assuming it wasn't fitting with her "upload schedule" she claims to have or maybe she realized some of the things weren't as sustainable as she thought and privated it to avoid getting called out

Yeah, I watched the whole video before it was privatized, and she's telling the truth about the editing issues. The screen was black for at least 10 minutes with her ending song playing haha

Sidenote, but I'm liking her recent content

Posted

Yeah, I watched the whole video before it was privatized, and she's telling the truth about the editing issues. The screen was black for at least 10 minutes with her ending song playing haha

Sidenote, but I'm liking her recent content

Oh wow that must've been weird to see.

Yeah I agree; I really enjoy her recent content. It's nice to see her "growing up" more and shifting to more a school/vlog based content; but that might be because I like that sort of thing in general

Posted

Regarding her latest video I'm always shocked when she shows what shes sewing for school bc it always looks extremely simple and like it's the second thing shes ever sewn. She talks about how the jean pockets were weird and difficult, but it's a super easy pocket almost every type of pant has you can look at a pair you own and figure it out really quickly. The pants also didn't really fit her right in the end and how long as she been in school for this stuff? Although I guess it's great shes in school for something she enjoys so much it looks like shes been sewing for like a month or two not years.

Posted

Regarding her latest video I'm always shocked when she shows what shes sewing for school bc it always looks extremely simple and like it's the second thing shes ever sewn. She talks about how the jean pockets were weird and difficult, but it's a super easy pocket almost every type of pant has you can look at a pair you own and figure it out really quickly. The pants also didn't really fit her right in the end and how long as she been in school for this stuff? Although I guess it's great shes in school for something she enjoys so much it looks like shes been sewing for like a month or two not years.

She's finished her first year of the degree; which is a foundation year; so she's only been in the 'fashion' program for roughly a semester; assuming Canadian college/school is the same way as where I'm from. I think it's great she's doing things she loves in school; thats an amazing opportunity; but I could see the school trying to make sure everyones base levels are the same; plus it's not a fashion design school; its a fashion design program in an arts college; so i can't see them expecting the students to be doing complicated things; which fits with Jill's overhyping her own skills.

sorry went on a bit of a rant lol

I love her school content mainly since it's something she enjoys the content feels more 'real' i guess; I find it interesting how she hasn't filmed any con's she been going to ( i think one so far) and i wonder if it's because if her skills haven't improved and people would call her out, in addition to how she can't enter competitions and win easily now.

What did everyone think of her Valentines video; tbh i was almost expecting some sort of "galentine's day" with her friends to prove they're all still hanging out; instead it was another q&a with Steve.

I feel like Steve isn't into being in her videos at all; but she's trying to drag him into it. I think him being 'business partners' with her is sort of him folding/agreeing to videos without having to be in front of the camera; i feel like Jill has to force everything about her onto those around her because its the only way she knows how to talk/bond with people (tinfoil hat: it's because of her mom's coddling/ her upbringing about everyone focusing on her interests)

Posted

Apologies if I should have posted this in another thread 

But I had to come and nitpick cause Pixie did a video for Valentine's day with her current bf/partner.

And they were asked to pick a couple that represents their relationship and at first they suggested Sakura/Tomoya 

But if you watch the anime up to episode 10 it's revealed that their technically 2nd cousins ((Sakura's mom and Tomoyo's mom are cousins)). 

So that's kinda showing how much of the show Jill really got into, I feel like that's kinda something you don't miss.

Idk for someone who got a tattoo based off of the show you would think she would pay a little more attention to the show.

Posted

Does anyone know what happened to the patreon Livestreams? I know someone on lolcow was posting them when they were uploaded; has she just not done a livestream in forever or has the link changed?

Also I'm interested to see if her content will "pick-up" in summer; I'm a little surprised that she hasn't done a "DnD with me" or more "fashion school vlogs" those seem like less effort just to throw some cutsey animal crossing music up and then at the end do a chat/review about her day or current 'fashion project'

Posted

Kinda OT/bringing up nitpicky/dumb stuff

I was watching her monthly favourite video (april edition) and she was talking about her BPD and dissociation; and it just made me realise how she's very obviously not in therapy or doing anything other than medicating herself when it comes to any sort of mental illness. She was talking about how when she dissociates she'll often do the "name one thing for each of the five senses" and then said how its normally five things and talked about how that would be hard with certain senses; but the actual 'rules' for that exercise is a countdown; from five things down to one usually taste being the last sense you focus on as a grounding exercise; i dunno it just bugged me since she's trying to be all "mental health advocate"

Posted

She's been on the same meds for years (obvs not working) and refused to go to therapy because her therapist once suggested that she was using her style as an avoidance coping skill. 

I really think the right therapist would help her.

Posted

She's been on the same meds for years (obvs not working) and refused to go to therapy because her therapist once suggested that she was using her style as an avoidance coping skill. 

I really think the right therapist would help her.

Yeah I agree; I don't see why she wouldn't at least try to reach out to a therapist; she could do like "mental health mondays" or something where she talks about how the tools she's learning in therapy are helping her; but instead she wants to keep the same meds and diagnosis to trot out as an excuse anytime something goes wrong or she skips an upload

Posted

Yeah I agree; I don't see why she wouldn't at least try to reach out to a therapist; she could do like "mental health mondays" or something where she talks about how the tools she's learning in therapy are helping her; but instead she wants to keep the same meds and diagnosis to trot out as an excuse anytime something goes wrong or she skips an upload

God no, if she did, she find out she was probably misdiagnosed, be able to get away with doing shitty things cause "muh beepeedee" and I really don't think society needs more people playing mental health advocate when they are clearly not qualified or well informed enough to talk about something so serious to impressionable people or those suffering.

But def agree with the last part cause that's what she is doing while shitting on others who have issues and such

Posted

God no, if she did, she find out she was probably misdiagnosed, be able to get away with doing shitty things cause "muh beepeedee" and I really don't think society needs more people playing mental health advocate when they are clearly not qualified or well informed enough to talk about something so serious to impressionable people or those suffering.

But def agree with the last part cause that's what she is doing while shitting on others who have issues and such

Oh I totally agree; but I could see her milking it like that 100% if she came across the idea; I mean with her defending dissociadid/shaming trisha I could see her jumping to that conclusion

In relation to her new Insta post; I wonder if she'll be putting out more craft/'school' vlogs since she talked about her corset project/semester and seems to have gotten supplies from the craft store as well as what I'm sure is a totally justifiable purchase of anime plastic, I wonder if she'll justify it by saying its for a video. I remember her saying that in an old video, magical girl ones maybe>

Posted

i used to be such a fan of this girl when i was younger (around 2017? ish) and honestly i dont know .. why ... im glad she's able to express herself how she wants and feels confident but also she gives westerners who like jfashion such a bad name with her poorly done outfits and shitty hair dye .. i tried watching her closet cleanout but she literally went on about nothing for 3/4 of the video (i dont mind the blm part, spread awareness girl! but lord she went on and on and on, shut up im here to see the closet cleanout!!) and the actual vid i came to watch was only a few mins .. she rambles about NOTHING and is so annoying to listen to just, talking. she reminds me of those tumblr girls who lie about shit for attention, (i. e. the whole "queer" thing).

Posted

how do we feel about the new hair colors:alpacaconfused:

i think it looks a bit better than usual, but was def cuter in the yt thumbnail when it was blurred out. it looks kind of cool, like candy stripes, but still seems messy and a bit like rainbow vomit. improvement though, maybe?

Posted

i think it looks a bit better than usual, but was def cuter in the yt thumbnail when it was blurred out. it looks kind of cool, like candy stripes, but still seems messy and a bit like rainbow vomit. improvement though, maybe?

I have to say I like not having the rainbow bangs; it always made everything look so busy/messy; but I think she should stick to one colour (especially since on of the big draws of having coloured hair for me is to style it in different ways and all Jill does is throw it into a bun or extensions that she has to have down because of the tracks) and I think how she put the extensions she put in made it look muddy; like all the rainbow colours blurred together. 

Also it looked like in the back she has a bit of a chem cut; the amount of bleach on her hair has seemed to cause the hair to break finally.

Also how do you think her depop/closet sale will go; if it ever happens; also her new 'brand' that apparently will feature the dress she was wearing and made

Posted (edited)

i don't hate it, but i think it looks a little chaotic and i'm shocked she ended up abandoning the rainbow bangs after what, at least 3 years of having them? personally i think a rainbow ombre / gradient like with the wig she wears in this post (https://www.instagram.com/p/B--FOdNjdx6/would look a lot better. but i guess she wouldn't be able to do extensions as easily? i don't dye my hair so i'm not really knowledgeable about this stuff tbh.

Edited by cureparfait
typo