• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

546 posts in this topic

Posted

She works 1-2 jobs (essentially adding up to fulI time) and gets a litte ad revenue.

I think it probably does come from living at home though, probably at either discounted rates or none at all, including food. 

As long as shes saving in the background i honestly don't care personally. Usually I kinda squint at constant large hauls but in this case, she went on holiday to a place w a shittonne of stuff/ subcultures she's interested in so yah. 

Have yet to watch the vid though, might come back w after thoughts

even if her mom bought all the stuff for her I don't see a problem? Like why would I care how she can afford this, as long as she's not scamming her followers all power to her xD

Posted

^^ That's true - I mean I'm lowkey kind of jealous of all these haul videos (broke college student woes), but from what I've seen she doesn't seem that bad. God, as much as I hate to admit it, I used to have a very similar style to her when I was her age (like 2 years ago). I think that her being extra and dramatic can also kind of be attributed to her age too - I was a drama queen when I was younger. She doesn't scam her viewers, and she is at least trying to make her own fashions, so I wish her the best of luck. 

Posted

Eh, I forgot about the two jobs thing but still.  Her frivolous spending always bothers me, she has no sense of self control and will toss money at literally anything and everything she has a glimmer of attraction to and is known to blow hundreds of dollars at a time.  If she can really afford it all and is content, power to her.  But she has a very materialistic and bratty mindset.  I remember one video when she was in her lolita craze where her mother had to pay a like.. Two to three hundred dollar tax (customs tax i think?) for a package she had bought and seemed to think it was funny as hell.  She comes off as someone who has no concept of saving or the real worth of a dollar other than you can buy tacky hair clips with it.  People throw around the fact that she's young a lot but she's the same age as me and boy I wish I could be that naive and frivolous. I think she uses the fact that she has two jobs as an excuse to blow through her paychecks, especially because she always jokes about how her impulse hauls hurt her bank "but its okay guys ive got two jobs"

I feel more lenient about the japan splurging, its a special occasion and she should treat herself but anytime else just makes me shake my head.

..Also wasn't there a drama a while ago about people giving her money for a japan trip but she used it on something else?   At least she finally made it to the glorious nippon.

Posted

Also wasn't there a drama a while ago about people giving her money for a japan trip but she used it on something else?   At least she finally made it to the glorious nippon.

She opened a Patreon with the purpose of funding the trip yes, but spent the money buying clothes.

I personally think she's free to spend her money as she wants but she should also hold herself a bit. Nowadays you can buy anything on the Internet, if she likes buying magical girl wands she can buy them online on Yahoo! Auctions or Mandarake. Also, I felt a little disheartened seeing how her mum was basically dragged along in her shopping spree while she missed seeing or even eating (apparently Jill is a picky eater and refused to eat any seafood in Japan so they only went to American/Italian restaurants during the trip) something more traditionally Japanese.

Also it seems she buys a lot of Sailor Moon merch without even finishing the series...? I have no source on that but it did make me a bit pissed that she claimed to didn't like Mahoutsukai Precure yet still watched the film, went to watch one of the children shows and paraded around Japan with a Mofurun bag. Girl, you don't need to buy stuff from shows you don't like, you know.

Posted

For someone to be a "connoisseur" of Jfashion, why does she keep pronouncing  Shibuya as Shibiya? 

Posted (edited)

"I don't even remember what I bought which is a thrilling adventure"  9:15

Notable points would be that she spent $180 but the lady at the cashier told her shed get a free gift if she spent twenty more so Jill went "well its a challenge now" and spent twenty more dollars for a tiny little towel.

Edited by Sailor Earth
edited the quote and added a time

Posted

For someone to be a "connoisseur" of Jfashion, why does she keep pronouncing  Shibuya as Shibiya? 

While we're at it, can she also stop saying anything related to Japan in a Japanese accent. Listening to her say "fairy kei" in her most recent video made me cringe so hard.

Posted

I don't really care how she spends her money since it is her money but it does bother me that she feels the need to constantly defend herself. I think it maybe because she is from a privileged background and can depend on her parents for money but she wants to have the whole persona of 'hard working starving artist' which is simply untrue since she puts so little effort into improving her art or sewing skills and is no where near starving or poor.

BUT what did really annoys me is that she made the video on the death of harajuku fashion. It felt more of a trendy topic for her to talk about for views and less that she actually cared about it. Since she is very uninformed about how several alternate stores had to shut down, moved or closed their physical stores due to declining sales, increase in rent and not being able to compete with fast fashion chains. She is such a hypocrite since until her japan trip she was only buying from fast fashion stores and will continue to buy from them. She doesn't really care she just did it for attention. I doubt she will really do anything to help 'save' harajuku fashion. 

PLUS I found it super cringe that she was pronoucing the brand names with a japanese accent. She had never done it before and most if not all of them have english names. Even 6% doki doki, like come one Jill, just because people said you were pronouncing Shibuya and Harajuku wrong don't over compensate it is actually worse. 

Posted

New Japan vlog: Pixie goes to this random amusement park to see the Precure show.

To be honest, if I went to Japan I'd definitely be going to Tokyo Disneyland (specially Tokyo DisneySea, which seems really gorgeous) instead of a random park just to see a kids' show. Seeing Pixie between all those kids and middle aged guys was... creepy. Well, I do find those masks creepy too. Her poor mom seems so lost...

Captura.thumb.PNG.9f28a22e5fe86a7dd7c7bc

And what's wrong with her hair?

Posted

New Japan vlog: Pixie goes to this random amusement park to see the Precure show.

To be honest, if I went to Japan I'd definitely be going to Tokyo Disneyland (specially Tokyo DisneySea, which seems really gorgeous) instead of a random park just to see a kids' show. Seeing Pixie between all those kids and middle aged guys was... creepy. Well, I do find those masks creepy too. Her poor mom seems so lost...

Captura.thumb.PNG.9f28a22e5fe86a7dd7c7bc

And what's wrong with her hair?

She got a $300 dollar overhaul hair dye and touch up the day before she left for Japan.  But sadly even the best beautician can only do so much with fried hair and a girl who's terrible at caring for colored hair despite having it for 6(ish?) plus years.

Posted

According to lolcow her stylist used cheap dye anyway.

Seriously, why won't she give up dying until her hair? Give it some time to recover. At this rate she's going to be balding by 20.

Also, before her Japan vlog she posted a new video talking about the closing of Jfashion magazines.

Posted

God I saw that video.  It's so distasteful and such poor poor timing.  "This kind of affects my livelihood"  shut the hell up Jillian, it does not.  You're just a spoilt leach, there are people who are genuinely affected by this.  Designers and models, the creators of the magazines and the photographers.  Shop owners that have had to shut down because everyone is buying fast fashion like you instead of supporting small brands who put effort into quality.  (H&M In japan?  seriously?  You pride yourself in being a up and coming fashionista designer and you hit up H&M and other common outlets when there is so much more around you that you can clearly afford?)

I'm just so upset with her, especially after seeing Cathy Cat break down after genuinely witnessing her livelihood and passion slowly falling apart and evaporating around her.  She is living this.  This is her job and her passion, she is deep into this culture and has been for years.  But in comes Jillian who went on a $3000 dollar shopping spree this one time and is "Oh everything is fine, this is all fine, no need to be crying or freaking out."

Gurl don't even say Harajuku right half the time, sit the hell down Jillian, your entitlement is showing.

She could of gone a better with addressing this situation.  Lor knows she can't do much but she is still going to try her best, and I think I'll attend these live streams of hers.  I've never really had the pleasure of looking through all of these magazines I think it'd be nice to do so in a strange way with someone who genuinely cares for it.

Posted

God I saw that video.  It's so distasteful and such poor poor timing.  "This kind of affects my livelihood"  shut the hell up Jillian, it does not.  You're just a spoilt leach, there are people who are genuinely affected by this.  Designers and models, the creators of the magazines and the photographers.  Shop owners that have had to shut down because everyone is buying fast fashion like you instead of supporting small brands who put effort into quality.  (H&M In japan?  seriously?  You pride yourself in being a up and coming fashionista designer and you hit up H&M and other common outlets when there is so much more around you that you can clearly afford?)

I'm just so upset with her, especially after seeing Cathy Cat break down after genuinely witnessing her livelihood and passion slowly falling apart and evaporating around her.  She is living this.  This is her job and her passion, she is deep into this culture and has been for years.  But in comes Jillian who went on a $3000 dollar shopping spree this one time and is "Oh everything is fine, this is all fine, no need to be crying or freaking out."

Gurl don't even say Harajuku right half the time, sit the hell down Jillian, your entitlement is showing.

She could of gone a better with addressing this situation.  Lor knows she can't do much but she is still going to try her best, and I think I'll attend these live streams of hers.  I've never really had the pleasure of looking through all of these magazines I think it'd be nice to do so in a strange way with someone who genuinely cares for it.

58e3ecfdae051_ss(2017-04-04at08.55.40).t
Have you seen her comment on Cat's video? I think its so funny how she plays the 'know it all' last time I checked Cat's living her life in Tokio not Pixie...just left me with a sour taste

Posted

Oh ew, I'd forgotten about that comment. /snow has been having a hay day with her it's been hard to keep up.  :darth: Ugh... Jillian.  Just.  Go play with all your new toys, you're not helping and it's easy for you to say not to "worry your little head" when you dont depend on and live this.  

Posted

Found this on Lolcow and I think it's her Japan trip in a nutshell.

1491342456470.jpg