• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

563 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree so much with this and also, if it was a mental health thing, I doubt they let her out early since she could be a danger to herself and others. So I wouldn't be surprised if she is just claiming it for pity points and to make people drop the accusations against her but then again, that's my opinion.

Nope, not how it works here. They'll let you out.

In Canada, if you're admitted to emerg for mental health reasons they'll keep you for a few hours and have a psychologist come and assess you. If you want to go home, they'll allow you to if they believe you'll be okay. They'll have someone call and follow up and ask if you'll be seeking further treatment from your GP. 

source: I tried to kill myself in high school and they let me out within the same day.

Posted

Nope, not how it works here. They'll let you out.

In Canada, if you're admitted to emerg for mental health reasons they'll keep you for a few hours and have a psychologist come and assess you. If you want to go home, they'll allow you to if they believe you'll be okay. They'll have someone call and follow up and ask if you'll be seeking further treatment from your GP. 

source: I tried to kill myself in high school and they let me out within the same day.

Thats interesting cause they wouldn't let me out until they felt I wasn't a danger and it took them a day and a half, also someone to keep an eye on me had to collect me...

I keep forgetting every country is different lol 😅

Posted

Thats interesting cause they wouldn't let me out until they felt I wasn't a danger and it took them a day and a half, also someone to keep an eye on me had to collect me...

I keep forgetting every country is different lol 😅

Sounds like the same process honestly, I think just with the universal healthcare aspect they're just quick to discarge paitents.

Posted

Honestly Canada has pretty shitty mental health treatment. I live in BC and we don’t even have a single mental hospital, and we have a huge homeless population that need treatment for mental health issues, but we have nothing to help them. PEI might be better since it’s smaller but idk

Posted

Anybody know what happened to her latest lolcow thread?

Posted

Anybody know what happened to her latest lolcow thread?

It got moved to their new weeb board. Same thread is still there.

https://lolcow.farm/w/res/3116.html

Posted

Hidden Content

Yep, don't vote Trudeau next election, they've actually reduced mental health services in Ontario too (including withdrawing the special team created for the suicidal kids on reserves and raising the prices on medicinal mj) only chance we've got at refreshing our healthcare system is a change in government. 

Posted

this is a few weeks old now but it annoys me a ton so I'll post it anyway. does she have to brag about literally everything? every time she says something it sounds like she's trying to make herself look better than other people? is her self-esteem that bad?

A5F435EC-1068-4E29-95B1-EBD88C54FC02.jpeg

Posted

this is a few weeks old now but it annoys me a ton so I'll post it anyway. does she have to brag about literally everything? every time she says something it sounds like she's trying to make herself look better than other people? is her self-esteem that bad?

A5F435EC-1068-4E29-95B1-EBD88C54FC02.jpeg

Idk I think she's just saying how it is where she lives... Nothing bad about it

Posted (edited)

Idk I think she's just saying how it is where she lives... Nothing bad about it

Yep. It's a prety consistent topic up here too.

Ontario is a clusterfuck of issues, we won't have pyshical stores until April. Only the east coast got stores immediately upon legalization. They run out because each province has it's own laws surrounding the producers. For example, ONLY HEXO produces Cannabis for Quebec. (Provicially run) No other company is allowed to procduce or sell than the s=sQDC. Unlike Ontario we've got Cannacorp, Aruora, Redecan, etc.(combintation of government and privitized, so OCS stores and privatized stores are getting thier licences). 

Matt Shea is a fucking moron. All the shops that closed before legalized were REQUIRED to as the laws changed so that they had to wait until later on to re-open as private businesses. It's a process to change over the laws, it's going from a provincal only level to a government level with provincial laws. Literally you order online and it takes 2 days to get to you. If he would have went to the website he'd have learned that in .00000002 seconds, but he cried to twitter instead like every moron does. He could literally go outside and ask anyone who looks in thier 20's and he'd get legal weed easily. He doesn't need any weed tho, he's dumb enough. Especially if Jill is educating. Smfh. 

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted

Yep. It's a prety consistent topic up here too.

Hidden Content

your posts in here are making me realize that for someone who could literally go there on a day trip if i felt like it, i really don't know enough about canada. 

Posted

your posts in here are making me realize that for someone who could literally go there on a day trip if i felt like it, i really don't know enough about canada. 

People (including Canadians) are suprisingly misinformed about us haha, like "HEALTH CARE IS FREE" uh, no it's not. We all have to pay taxes towards it. Small things like that, seem to cause a weird amount of misunderstandings. 

Definately reccomend you visit! Ever want reccomendations let me know! Been all over the country.  I love this country it's beautiful. 

Posted

People (including Canadians) are suprisingly misinformed about us haha, like "HEALTH CARE IS FREE" uh, no it's not. We all have to pay taxes towards it. Small things like that, seem to cause a weird amount of misunderstandings. 

Definately reccomend you visit! Ever want reccomendations let me know! Been all over the country.  I love this country it's beautiful. 

BC pays an additional fee called MSP for health care coverage. Not sure if other provinces do that or just us now. It's soon changing to the employers covering the msp for their employees.

Posted

BC pays an additional fee called MSP for health care coverage. Not sure if other provinces do that or just us now. It's soon changing to the employers covering the msp for their employees.

Yeah it's different between each province, ours is OHIP

Posted

Bruh people actually think that Free Health Care means... completely free? Sorry, I'm from a developing country even (where we have free healthcare that's funded via tax money) and I just assumed this was widely known haha

Ok, global healthcare aside, I hope she's doing ok. I always thing Pixie just tried to do too much and overestimates how much she can give in terms of school, social AND an online platform. Homegirl needs to chill a bit.