• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

546 posts in this topic

Posted

Her prom-dress looks like she was a lil too inspired by yumi king :derp:

Posted

Her prom-dress looks like she was a lil too inspired by yumi king :derp:

I think her prom dress ended up really.... not good looking. 

prom.thumb.jpg.860719aa8544787e40b6cfa83

The design could have been cute but the construction was just so poor- the bodice is all wrinkled and it just *really* doesn't suit her...

I think she really needs to work on her sewing skills, especially if she wants to get into the fashion industry so badly. She might have good ideas, but if she doesn't step up the execution of them, she's going to fail badly.

Posted

I used to watch this girl a lot but it started to annoy me how unmotivated she is to work on her portfolio for fashion school. She made an excuse that the only fabric store in her town closed down, but she could always just order them online.. 

She keeps prosponing college because she can't get out of her comfort zone, which is something you need to be able to do to make it in the fashion industry. 

She even gets unmotivated to make videos, her fans have been asking for a room tour for over a year now but she always replied with "I'm so lazy" and "I'll do it soon". Most of her videos are hauls because it's the easiest videos for her to make. Why doesn't she show us how she makes her cosplays and sewing if she's so interested in fashion? 

Posted

I think her prom dress ended up really.... not good looking. 

prom.thumb.jpg.860719aa8544787e40b6cfa83

The design could have been cute but the construction was just so poor- the bodice is all wrinkled and it just *really* doesn't suit her...

I think she really needs to work on her sewing skills, especially if she wants to get into the fashion industry so badly. She might have good ideas, but if she doesn't step up the execution of them, she's going to fail badly.

as someone who's interested in pursuing fashion design as a career this really.. is sad. she's older than me and her construction is awful, especially if she wants to build a portfolio. i have seen a video of her cosplay, i believe it was doremi from ojamajo doremi, and it looked well executed? it was a while ago so i don't remember what it looked like in terms of construction exactly. but really that and the dress she made are the only two things i've seen from her design wise. 

interesting

Posted

as someone who's interested in pursuing fashion design as a career this really.. is sad. she's older than me and her construction is awful, especially if she wants to build a portfolio. i have seen a video of her cosplay, i believe it was doremi from ojamajo doremi, and it looked well executed? it was a while ago so i don't remember what it looked like in terms of construction exactly. but really that and the dress she made are the only two things i've seen from her design wise. 

interesting

I got you

♡ PRETTY WITCHY DOREMI-CHI ♡ Jeffie’s pics of my Doremi cosplay are so wonderful! I made every single part of this cosplay by hand. It’s fully lined and I’m super proud of it! It took many weeks and many broken machine needles but I was really happy...

♡ PRETTY WITCHY DOREMI-CHI ♡ Jeffie’s pics of my Doremi cosplay are so wonderful! I made every single part of this cosplay by hand. It’s fully lined and I’m super proud of it! It took many weeks and many broken machine needles but I was really happy...

However I think her GO! Princess Precure Cosplay was STUNNING and so well executed
咲きほこる花のプリンセス!キュアフローア! I FINISHED MY CURE FLORA COSPLAY AND I AM HAPPY. Everything is sewn and crafted by me except the Princess Perfume, which is the official Bandai RPG item

Posted

I got you

However I think her GO! Princess Precure Cosplay was STUNNING and so well executed
咲きほこる花のプリンセス!キュアフローア! I FINISHED MY CURE FLORA COSPLAY AND I AM HAPPY. Everything is sewn and crafted by me except the Princess Perfume, which is the official Bandai RPG item

oh wow thank you thank you!!

the precure cosplay is really nice but the doremi one is a bit floppy ? but both are really complicated costumes to make so i still applaud her for her work

Posted (edited)

it bothers me how she always ignores her viewers' requests because they don't get 'much attention' or views from people outside her viewers. i know building your channel is important.. but it feels like she takes her viewers for granted. what they want don't matter to her, it's all about that youtube dough.

Edited by Chai
spelling mistake!

Posted

Girl naaahh, that outfit is Yumi levels of bad quality and shoddy shoddy sewing.  Twenty bucks says she super glued those pom poms on :melting:

Posted

Girl naaahh, that outfit is Yumi levels of bad quality and shoddy shoddy sewing.  Twenty bucks says she super glued those pom poms on :melting:

is she still trying to make party Kei a thing? ITS NOT GOING TO BE A THING!!!

Sure there are some cute aspects of it but when she "pulls it off" it just looks trashy:stoplz:

Posted

Honestly, she mentioned in a recent video that she never took any classes for sewing and she's only 18 years old (19 now?) and plans to get into fashion school when its time. I don't want to whiteknight as I think her aesthetic rn is kinda tacky however I wanna cut her some slack as she's willing to learn new stuff and isn't ripping off other peoples work like some other 'fashion designer' -cough-Yumi-cough-

Also her new hair is freakin amazing! And it suits her really well imo

Image may contain: one or more people

Posted (edited)

I admit I find her style pretty tacky (also her rainbow hair faded and it doesn't look too good now...) but that Precure cosplay is great.

So she has been for most of March in Japan but outside of visiting Roppongi Halls (and complained about it being expensive and unworth it) she's mostly been to Harajuku and chain restaurants, spending her money in buying Doremi/Precure toys and clothes.  It makes me sad because she spent a lot of days there and never went outside of Tokyo, she could've saved her money for toys ok a train ticket to visit Kyoto or Osaka...

Now that she's back in Canada she says she's depressed now and wants to move to Japan? I wonder how...1490142236952.jpg

Edited by Euterpe
Typos

Posted

Posted

Haul video. 30 minutes. Brace yourselves.

Posted

...How does she afford all this again?

Posted

...How does she afford all this again?

She works 1-2 jobs (essentially adding up to fulI time) and gets a litte ad revenue.

I think it probably does come from living at home though, probably at either discounted rates or none at all, including food. 

As long as shes saving in the background i honestly don't care personally. Usually I kinda squint at constant large hauls but in this case, she went on holiday to a place w a shittonne of stuff/ subcultures she's interested in so yah. 

Have yet to watch the vid though, might come back w after thoughts