• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

563 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like everyone is forgetting the part where she said she had a panic attack and her supervisors treated her poorly while having one.  Something that is a lot more common to happen then people think it is (it happened to my older sister who honest togod just can't help it so maybe I'm just more sympathic).

I agree that making fun of her teeth is pretty unnecessary, I mean you can say you don't like it but I wouldn't really make fun of it her teeth are pretty common. I honestly didn't even notice until reading this thread lol.

I haven't watched her in a pretty long time because I sorta lost interest but I don't really think she's that bad (which I guess is why she's in the op section)

.  I know that lolcow users HATE her for some reason and I could never really figure out why.  

I also kinda cringing at the person claiming to be from her school since I never really trust those kind of comments in the first place.  If kids from my old high school commented about me... *shudders*

But all in all I agree with the other people on this thread that some of the comments seem a little petty.  

Posted

I like her.  I really do, but shes been fading on me recently and it's really sad.  I think it's mostly the incredible amount of money she spends on things she doesnt need.  Yes sure everyone buys things they dont need, im guilty as charged a girl is allowed to splurge I'm not saying you can't, but I'm her age and I too work hard for my money.  But I also want to be able to move out one day...  And really I'd be putting all that money into a future house/apartment fund if I were her.  Kind of tempted to do a summary of what she bought and how much it all costed....  I don't know I just think she needs to try and be a little more frugal.  You don't need to be buying excessive amount of just stuff to be a successful youtuber.  Really I'd be more interested in seeing her do fabric hauls, supply hauls, etc. that she can put forward to into design since she is so into that.  And tell us her plans and ideas...  Instead of "Look at all this stuff I bought!!!!!  Again!!!11!!1!"   

Posted

I like her.  I really do, but shes been fading on me recently and it's really sad.  I think it's mostly the incredible amount of money she spends on things she doesnt need.  Yes sure everyone buys things they dont need, im guilty as charged a girl is allowed to splurge I'm not saying you can't, but I'm her age and I too work hard for my money.  But I also want to be able to move out one day...  And really I'd be putting all that money into a future house/apartment fund if I were her.  Kind of tempted to do a summary of what she bought and how much it all costed....  I don't know I just think she needs to try and be a little more frugal.  You don't need to be buying excessive amount of just stuff to be a successful youtuber.  Really I'd be more interested in seeing her do fabric hauls, supply hauls, etc. that she can put forward to into design since she is so into that.  And tell us her plans and ideas...  Instead of "Look at all this stuff I bought!!!!!  Again!!!11!!1!"   

I have to agree! There's nothing wrong with shopping/treating yourself occasionally, but it seems like a large focus of her channel is 'look at the stuff I have'. I also wish she'd do more of her fashion design stuff- she seems to be passionate about it but she isn't really working towards anything... she just talks about how she wants to be in design but like so far everything that she's sewn has been pretty mediocre (her prom dress was a bit messy-looking to be honest)

Posted

I didn't know who she was and saw her video on her jeffree star swatch/haul. It was really cringey and made me feel uncomfortable. it's like watching an adult acting like a 15 year old with too much money? idk it was just off 

I couldn't finish watching the video

Posted

I've watched her for awhile now, and honestly all her haul videos annoy me, especially how in her shirt video she was saying that money was tight, and she was saving up for her Japan trip. Maybe don't spend $100 on another magical girl wand if you want to go to Japan anytime soon?

On a side note, a lot of her expressions and the things she says seem really forced

Posted

So she works 3 jobs (4 including her online/anime con shop) and either buys 1 expensive item or goes on 1 shopping spree once a month? That's really not that bad.

If you want to see overspending you should check out the rest of the Jfashion community, the himekaji/Lizlisa obsessed ones are around the same age as her and they buy $200 worth of just brand Every Other Week.

That's Bad.

Compared to other people out there pixie's spending habits are nothing...

Posted

I don't care at all about how she's spending her money however it seems she's just always reminding people about how its HER money and how she works there and there and in one video mentioning it more then once just comes of as...an excuse maybe? Like maybe she knows she's spending too much in her mind but because she's reminding us 5 times in a video it becomes ok to her? Or maybe its just a reaction to people that confront her baout her spendings and shopping trips so she feels the need to repeat it over and over again? Sadly she seems fade on me too :/ I liked her a lot put now I catch myself skipping through her videos.

Posted

I don't know if any of you are comment lurkers like me, but does anyone remember the comment someone made about her using so old racist term in one of her videos? It was a more recent video, but I can't for the life of me remember which one.

Posted

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Capture.thumb.JPG.f3d4f8edc732f8e3dc5629

I get that she's not as bad as others, but she really doesn't need to go down their path which is quickly where she's headed.  It's kind of like she feels like she 'needs' this stuff to be apart of the clique and it just bothers me to no ends.

Posted

I don't know if any of you are comment lurkers like me, but does anyone remember the comment someone made about her using so old racist term in one of her videos? It was a more recent video, but I can't for the life of me remember which one.

The term was "hoochi mama", and Jillian said she was sorry, but the commenter just brought up race to make Jillian feel bad, bc hoochi mama is usually used for someone who looks gaudy or promiscuous. Sorry for replying after like 8 months.

Posted

Tbh I feel so happy for her that she's finally going to Japan, and goodness she's staying for a long trip (not what I expected at least) kinda see why she had to safe up for so long whilst still trearting herself to something

Posted

ok so i never watch hauls, unless its makeup swatches or something very LE so i tried to finish this video but i couldn't finish the whole thing despite skipping a lot

like, is all this normal? i know i can be materialistic at times but damn all this materialism makes me so uncomfortable

i'm watching a video of a privileged white girl wow

:doge:

Posted

- Is a white girl Buddhist who dwells on materalistic items.

As someone raised in a Buddhist household (but chose this philosophy after exploring other religions when I was a teenager), I definitely understand the issues with "white girl Buddhism". This thread is the first time I've heard of Pixielocks, so if I'm to be completely fair, I would say, in her defense, I have several friends who have materialistic tendencies too but have a lot of Buddhist beliefs. Buddhism is actually a very self-defined philosophy, and one of the Buddha's repeated points is that we can disagree with him and interpret his teachings how we choose.

Generally, yeah, the philosophy teaches you to not to find contentment and satisfaction within material items, but it also teaches you self-reflection, patience, kindness, etc etc -- all values that one can certainly possess even if they're a little materialistic. So my friends still identify as Buddhist but admit that their love of shopping/fashion contradicts one of the philosophy's main aims. Does Pixielocks make a big deal out of preaching her Buddhism? Because that's when "white girl Buddhism" gets really annoying, when someone doesn't understand fully what they're talking about but wants to get all preachy. 

I've watched snippets of some of her videos posted and she seems nice enough, just kind of shrill and not a very charismatic personality. I'm not a big fan of haul videos in general, but hers feel even more tedious. 

Posted

Her voice is so milky and gross, I know that sounds really mean but I can't get past it. Every video she sounds like she chugged a 12oz glass before filming. She just seems really idk vapid either way & her videos aren't interesting or relevant to me

Posted

Jill's always kinda rubbed me the wrong way. The whole LACE fiasco and her immediately leaving lolita when she got critics with the excuse of "All the outfits just look the same to me now!" was really... weird, and kinda alienated all the followers she got for her lolita videos. Also, every time she talks about her future career in fashion design, I have flashbacks to that look book video she posted with the handmade peignoir that left a trail of loose threads behind her when she walked because apparently she didn't hem it at all ?????

Plus, she is straight up terrible at staying in her lane. I remember after there was a bunch of Jeffree Star drama there was a thread in some kawaii FB group where a few black girls were talking about how his racist remarks made them uncomfortable, and Pixie came along and started telling them that it was in the past and not to judge people and a bunch of nonsense like that.

She was talked about for a little on BTB, I think there was some incident where her mom tried to defend her on lolcow or something and then tried to pretend to be another mom backing her up but didn't change her email?? It was... Something.