• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Jillian Vessey/ Pixielocks

589 posts in this topic

Posted

6C622192-39F3-43E3-97D6-65BB419B8EC1.thu

another PULL user posted this picture on the simply_kenna thread. Pixielocks did apologize and said she didn’t mean to make the skirt so similar.

Posted

another PULL user posted this picture on the simply_kenna thread. Pixielocks did apologize and said she didn’t mean to make the skirt so similar.

I always complain about Youtubers reacting poorly to issues they encounter, so for once I’ll point out that I think she handled it okish. And despite it (in my opinion) not being necessary. I don’t think this skirt would have gotten her in serious trouble just because of how... simple the idea was on top of them not being identical? But who knows I have no idea how strict it can get when it comes to fashion design and copyright, chains like Forever 21 give me the impression it can’t be too strict really. Still it is never wrong to do some research beforehand. 

Posted

I always complain about Youtubers reacting poorly to issues they encounter, so for once I’ll point out that I think she handled it okish. And despite it (in my opinion) not being necessary. I don’t think this skirt would have gotten her in serious trouble just because of how... simple the idea was on top of them not being identical? But who knows I have no idea how strict it can get when it comes to fashion design and copyright, chains like Forever 21 give me the impression it can’t be too strict really. Still it is never wrong to do some research beforehand. 

I was lurking lolcow and the original creator of the rainbow skirt made a big fit over it. Her apology to pixie locks was completely snowflakey as well. 

Posted

Well okay lmao 

5EE1CA3C-9F57-48D8-9605-B90944AADD73.jpeg

Posted

I was lurking lolcow and the original creator of the rainbow skirt made a big fit over it. Her apology to pixie locks was completely snowflakey as well. 

I’m not surprised pixie apologized. Maybe for image reasons, maybe because she’s conflict avoidant (I think she is). But I do assume that cara mostly went off for attention. And if she really thinks that design was so incredibly unique, as the reply @It's Fae posted a screenshot of suggests, then imo she’s just not a good designer (just like Jill herself lol.)

Posted (edited)

To be honest I doubt she copied the design from this Cara person. Jillian is shallow, materialistic and unoriginal but she's not the kind to specifically go out and copy ideas from one person. If anything she probably saw it on pinterest or got the idea from those anime outfits with the colour switching pleated skirt. Doesn't one of the cosplays she's making have a rainbow skirt with alternating colours like that? She probably thought to combine the ideas and adapt it into a rainbow tennis skirt. It's not exactly a super unique and interesting design idea. It's tacky af in my opinion (also the execution is shit) but regardless she's not selling it, so I don't see the problem. If she had copied someone's specific illustrations and sold it on her merch store then there would be a problem. 

I really don't like Jillian at all but this girl sounds like a snowflake herself, why would she make a public callout post towards Jillian if she didn't want the attention. Jillian handed it as well as she possibly could. There's nothing special or unique about a tacky rainbow tennis skirt, forever 21 will probably sell one next season if they haven't already. Also judging by the amateur school Jill intends to go to, and her current level of design/pattern making, fashion design is never going to be something she has a future in unless she does a complete 180 and seriously tries to improve her skills instead of constantly buying tacky crap. So I highly doubt she is a threat to this Cara person anyway. Jillian isn't even selling the skirt, she just made one for herself. 

Also for the record, I googled rainbow tennis skirt, rainbow pleated skirt etc. and searched pinterest. There's nothing that even somewhat resembles Cara's skirt. Unless Jillian was actively following Cara's social media there's no way she would've come across the skirt idea. Hers is pretty different to the dollskill version too. I'm no fan of Jillian's but she's not in the wrong here. 

Edited by catmeowkun

Posted

called it :alpacaheadshake: Pixie usually gives credit where credit is due and that Cara person is just so flakey, like she sent her followers after Pixie but when she got the same treatment it wasn't cool anymore idk.

Posted (edited)

Jillian recently left our lolita comm after throwing a fit about them being upset with Kelly Edens dress video, and them praising Lor for a well thought video about the whole thing. She said that Lor publicly bullies her and sends fans at her. I can't find a single incident of Lor saying shit all about Jillian. Anyone know anything about it?

Edited by Maple
Spelling

Posted (edited)

Jillian recently left our lolita comm after throwing a fit about them being upset with Kelly Edens dress video, and them praising Lor for a well thought video about the whole thing. She said that Lor publicly bullies her and sends fans at her. I can't find a single incident of Lor saying shit all about Jillian. Anyone know anything about it?

She's still in the Lolita community? Do you mean your comms facebook group or something? She's always seemed to have it out for Lor after Lor didn't want anything to do with the LACE fiasco and questioned their credibility or something. More recently Jill made an April fools joke about returning back to lolita and Lor pointed out that it was insensitive ( it was around the time Kera and GLB were announced to close and cathycat made that video crying) and there was some sort of discourse there (there's probably an archive of it on lolcow somewhere) and Jillian ended up removing the photo. I remember Lor said to Jillian around that time that she'd always be welcome if she wanted to wear lolita again.  No way does Lor publicly bully her. Lor is probably the nicest public figure in the Lolita community and Jill wishes she was half as well liked as Lor.

Lor has been nothing but nice to Jillian even though she's rude and always throws the lolita community under the bus since the LACE thing. She's  on Kelly's side with the whole dress debacle. I'm guessing she's siding with Kelly because she still believes 'all lolitas are meanies weh', even though what Kelly did was totally wrong, lolita store or not. Even if it wasn't AP, Kelly was still culturally insensitive and rude to shop staff who were only trying to do their job. I wonder if Jillian would still defend Kelly then, she claims to love Japan and has worked retail in the past even making videos about shitty customers (even though that was more sjw pandering) or if she's just desperate to kiss Kelly's ass. Either way Jill has no right to come for Lor. Lor seems sweet and genuine, she was far too nice to Kelly in her video too. Lor is nice all round and Jillian's always had it out for her and the lolita community. 

Edited by catmeowkun
Rephrase

Posted

She's still in the Lolita community? Do you mean your comms facebook group or something? She's always seemed to have it out for Lor after Lor didn't want anything to do with the LACE fiasco and questioned their credibility or something. More recently Jill made an April fools joke about returning back to lolita and Lor pointed out that it was insensitive ( it was around the time Kera and GLB were announced to close and cathycat made that video crying) and there was some sort of discourse there (there's probably an archive of it on lolcow somewhere) and Jillian ended up removing the photo. I remember Lor said to Jillian around that time that she'd always be welcome if she wanted to wear lolita again.  No way does Lor publicly bully her. Lor is probably the nicest public figure in the Lolita community and Jill wishes she was half as well liked as Lor.

Lor has been nothing but nice to Jillian even though she's rude and always throws the lolita community under the bus since the LACE thing. She's  on Kelly's side with the whole dress debacle. I'm guessing she's siding with Kelly because she still believes 'all lolitas are meanies weh', even though what Kelly did was totally wrong, lolita store or not. Even if it wasn't AP, Kelly was still culturally insensitive and rude to shop staff who were only trying to do their job. I wonder if Jillian would still defend Kelly then, she claims to love Japan and has worked retail in the past even making videos about shitty customers (even though that was more sjw pandering) or if she's just desperate to kiss Kelly's ass. Either way Jill has no right to come for Lor. Lor seems sweet and genuine, she was far too nice to Kelly in her video too. Lor is nice all round and Jillian's always had it out for her and the lolita community. 

Yeah she was in the Facebook group and came to meets in general cute fashion, she posted a lot, and still buys accessories/pieces from lolita brands. I figured it was something that she got called out on and then cried bullying. Anytime anyone calls her out on something problematic she's said or did she says she's being bullied. I don't know how she's going to handle criticism at college.

The second she said Lor bullies her and sends fans at her it was a huge red flag, I don't see Lor doing that. But calling her out on problematic behavior sounds rright.

Posted

do you have any screencaps of Jillian saying Lor did that? 

Posted (edited)

do you have any screencaps of Jillian saying Lor did that? 

Sure do. It was sent to a Mod who asked a couple people, and other mods about it. Basically if anyone knew it was true they would make a general post about it and ask people not to support Lor. Especially since they are in the planning stages of having a lolita tea party at a local con and were thinking about inviting her as a guest.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Maple
added more information

Posted

I kind of doubt that Lor would 'openly pick fights and bully her'
Jillian has the WEIRDEST dislike against people when she openly supports shitty brands so that says a lot about her.

Posted

Sure do. It was sent to a Mod who asked a couple people, and other mods about it. Basically if anyone knew it was true they would make a general post about it and ask people not to support Lor. Especially since they are in the planning stages of having a lolita tea party at a local con and were thinking about inviting her as a guest.

Capture.PNG

this is so weird. Lor was super nice to Kelly Eden in her response video to her storytime video, and didn't make a huge fuss when Kelly blocked her afterward. I doubt Lor tried to openly pick fights lol. Jill c'mon. 

I kind of doubt that Lor would 'openly pick fights and bully her'
Jillian has the WEIRDEST dislike against people when she openly supports shitty brands so that says a lot about her.

smh this is coming from the same girl who was sponsered from Zaful. 

Posted

Does Jill mean the April fool's thing when she talks about 'openly picking fights'? Even then Lor was nothing but sweet to Jill, all she said was that it was a bit insensitive due to the fashion dying out and she even told Jill she'd be welcome in the community again if she ever wanted to rejoin. I don't consider that picking fights and bullying.

Even when Jill was a lolita she was like 15-16, Lor would never come for someone that age, she just didn't want anything to do with the whole LACE bullshit that Kate and Jill were peddling. Jillian is just trying to start shit, but unless she has receipts against Lor, no one is going to believe her because Lor is well known for being one of the nicest and most genuine people in the community. 16 year old Jill was probably pissed at Lor for being everything she wasn't in the community (kind,well respected, not forcing herself to be a lifestyler and still had a decent following etc.)

I really don't think Lor 'bullied and tried to get people against her'. Jillian is extremely sensitive and thin skinned, she probably reads too far into things that aren't even about her. Lor was much nicer to Kelly than she deserved, no way would she outright bully Jill like she is claiming. Unless Jillian has receipts, no one in the lolita community is going to take her word over Lor's.