• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Delandra Barbie Johnson

475 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think she actually had a baby. I think she was talking about her dog. I think?

Posted

Today she posted that her baby girl died.

I know it's sad but did anyone even know she had a child?

I think she was referring to her dog. A few people mentioned it in the comments. :o

Posted (edited)

9_9 doctor > some shit found on the internet made by random people

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-53079/How-body-shape-reveals-health.html <--- bruh. srsly

This information is correct. However, genetic factors also need to be taken into consideration. It's not just about fat distribution, but also about bone structure and muscle mass among other things. Right now I wear small sized clothing but have a boyish frame even though I am female.

I've considered plastic surgery, but my doctor explained that even with surgery I'd never be able to alter my waist to the extent that I'd like to without removing some ribs --which he refused to do as he believed the procedure to be too extreme for cosmetic purposes. He explained, however, that I'd be able to create the illusion of a smaller waist by playing with proportions and making my hips bigger (which might also be part of why Del is aiming for bigger hips) He also suggested abdominoplasty which would reduce the size of my waist, but not as much as I wanted to. In the end I decided against it and decided to just hire a personal trainer/nutritionist.

Anecdotal evidence isn't always accurate though, but I can provide another example with an easier to verify source: Some women have to have C-Sections because their hips are too narrow for natural childbirth. This is not about fat distribution, but rather about their skeletal structure which will ultimately have an impact on their overall body shape.

This is not to say that body type can't be improved through diet and exercise --my body shape for once improved greatly and I finally have a waist which is something I never had before! But my frame is still not as feminine as I would like it to be and there is not much I can do about it other than to accept it.

TL;DR: Not everyone starts off with the same materials to work with, and for some of us certain body types are unobtainable no matter how hard we try. I can see that Del is carrying some weight, but her having that body type doesn't necessarily mean that she is unhealthy.

Edited by zugzwang

Posted

This information is correct. However, genetic factors also need to be taken into consideration. It's not just about fat distribution, but also about bone structure and muscle mass among other things. Right now I wear small sized clothing but have a boyish frame even though I am female.

I've considered plastic surgery, but my doctor explained that even with surgery I'd never be able to alter my waist to the extent that I'd like to without removing some ribs --which he refused to do as he believed the procedure to be too extreme for cosmetic purposes. He explained, however, that I'd be able to create the illusion of a smaller waist by playing with proportions and making my hips bigger (which might also be part of why Del is aiming for bigger hips) He also suggested abdominoplasty which would reduce the size of my waist, but not as much as I wanted to. In the end I decided against it and decided to just hire a personal trainer/nutritionist.

Anecdotal evidence isn't always accurate though, but I can provide another example with an easier to verify source: Some women have to have C-Sections because their hips are too narrow for natural childbirth. This is not about fat distribution, but rather about their skeletal structure which will ultimately have an impact on their overall body shape.

This is not to say that body type can't be improved through diet and exercise --my body shape for once improved greatly and I finally have a waist which is something I never had before! But my frame is still not as feminine as I would like it to be and there is not much I can do about it other than to accept it.

TL;DR: Not everyone starts off with the same materials to work with, and for some of us certain body types are unobtainable no matter how hard we try. I can see that Del is carrying some weight, but her having that body type doesn't necessarily mean that she is unhealthy.

No matter what type of body you have, you are and will be beautiful, dont forget that!

Posted (edited)

No matter what type of body you have, you are and will be beautiful, dont forget that!

Thank you. I've learned to accept myself :) It's why I wanted to explain that having a certain body doesn't mean you're unhealthy. I didn't want someone to read that and think that there is something wrong with their bodies.

Yes, certain body can be unhealthy but (like you mentioned earlier) this isn't always the case. I should also forgot to mention that fat distribution is based not only on eating/working out habits, but also on hormones and genetics. Hormonal issues can point towards bad health, but if its genetic then it can be completely normal --sort of like how some girls have big butts and others are flat back there. A flat girl can still work out and get a bigger butt, but it still wouldn't be as big as it could be if they had had a bigger butt to begin with. Eating healthy and working out isn't magic, gotta have realistic expectations for your body type.

But anyway... Sorry for derailing the topic

Edited by zugzwang

Posted

Thank you. I've learned to accept myself :) It's why I wanted to explain that having a certain body doesn't mean you're unhealthy. I didn't want someone to read that and think that there is something wrong with their bodies.

Yes, certain body can be unhealthy but (like you mentioned earlier) this isn't always the case. I should also forgot to mention that fat distribution is based not only on eating/working out habits, but also on hormones and genetics. Hormonal issues can point towards bad health, but if its genetic then it can be completely normal --sort of like how some girls have big butts and others are flat back there. A flat girl can still work out and get a bigger butt, but it still wouldn't be as big as it could be if they had had a bigger butt to begin with. Eating healthy and working out isn't magic, gotta have realistic expectations for your body type.

But anyway... Sorry for derailing the topic

Nah, this was actually somewhat nice to read, thanks for sharing this. I mean, my physical body is not great but I am working to make it better.
Also, reading this made me think about things.

Anyway, on topic, maybe Delandra is losing weight but from what I have learned is that you lose weight in the order of where they last gained weight. Maybe in her case, it was the legs and the rest of the body is catching up?

Posted

Sorry for my crappy just woke up english, bear with me and I might come with something a bit more eloquent as the day goes. And I will edit when my brain juices flow.

That was my point, though. The other link was not correct at all.

There is no such thing as big boned, but broad bone structure yes, and heavier bones yes, but big boned is.. nope. (You seem like you understand what I mean when I say that) So the previous link about apple body type made me cringe a bit. Which is why I linked the thing that would explain it better. Now you can tell Del has a bone structure and not an unhealthy body (as far as we know). 
Could you send me that link in PM? I've been wondering about the issues of having "too narrow" hips when pregnant. 

Posted

Sad to say but i can tolerate Delandra more than I can Ami with her forget where she came from oh i think im Asian for reals now high and mighty only has one song looking ass and don't even get me started on Aurie.

Same tbh. I remember earlier this year ami posted a status about not being able to reply to her "fans" because she was so busy and the company she works with doesn't want her to or something and like idk that really rubbed me the wrong way. 

Also Aurie pisses me off because she thinks she's hot shit for doing the same things that literally everyone else does? The only thing good about her really is that she's good at makeup and knows how to slay wigs. Other than that she's really sketch imo

Posted

Same tbh. I remember earlier this year ami posted a status about not being able to reply to her "fans" because she was so busy and the company she works with doesn't want her to or something and like idk that really rubbed me the wrong way. 

Also Aurie pisses me off because she thinks she's hot shit for doing the same things that literally everyone else does? The only thing good about her really is that she's good at makeup and knows how to slay wigs. Other than that she's really sketch imo

You should make a topic about that Ami or Aurie or who that is

Posted (edited)

Found some stuff on Delandra on lolcow and various images from twitter, insta, what have you. Lots of images so put it in a spoiler to avoid any lag.

1406918394398.jpg

11821155_1600747870186717_154580111_n.jp
(For some reason this had a description of "pre body surgery". So Delandra has had some sort of cosmetic enhancements.)
SgEs7_KK.jpeg
tumblr_my654vz0zv1rtlchoo4_1280.jpg
10838477_299034063623310_383934117_n.jpg
12071049_1483888148580507_575757174_n.jp
11410523_1603640989891975_2057503076_n.j
11267358_663194157144277_897065686_n.jpg
11282275_1684297968458279_592075099_n.jp

Edited by Rei
i fook'd up

Posted

I'll admit it, I love her shoe game and nail game.

Posted

Aurie is annoying af. Steals boyfriends, and is so desperate for attention for like no reason? She's really only popular on facebook though, I don't see her getting attention elsewhere for the most part. 

Posted

even if she does that she still acts like her shit doesn't stink lol she tries really hard to be Japanese as of late as well and acts as if she isn't even from the USA from time to time. But maybe it's just me. Over time she has formed a new found attitude 

right?! They both just irk me!nnn

Posted

She used to be in the lolita group in my city but she was causing so much drama that they kicked her out. She would constantly try to go to hardcore/rock shows and try to date the guys in the band (lol) and would use the race card frequently. Mind you, this lolita group was full of the nicest most personable people ever so I know they never said or did anything racist especially considering the diversity in the group.

One time they were having a lolita meet up and Delandra showed up with her friends in some bodyline and frilly crop top/short skirts that show your panties which usually isn't an issue but anyone who wears lolita knows they are trying to steer the public's perception of the fashion away from sexualization of dolls/little girls but Delandra's crew went and....did the opposite.