• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Social Repose aka Richie

179 posts in this topic

Posted

Social Repose / Richie Giese

Twitter // Youtube // Facebook

59-og.jpg

Social Repose is a Youtuber / song writer who has a history of problematic behavior, mainly from his controversial headdress and relationships.

•  Has tried a few times to explain that his headdress is not offensive. He made a few good points, but ends up telling a story of how a native american woman actually confronted him about it, told him it was not okay and he basically told her that she was wrong.
    • Many other Native American's have confronted him about his headdress, but he refuses to budge on it.
    • He later goes on to make a music video where he literally burns one of his $100+ dollar headdresses.
  • He once attended a concert his friend was putting on, and agreed to not wear his costume, as it is distracting to the audience. Despite this agreement, he still showed up in full costume.
    • Richie then became upset when his friend on stage tried to direct attention back to the him, and was separated from the crowd to avoid distraction. (there are videos from the other person's side of the story where they claim they agreed that he would NOT wear the costume, but I don't know where it is. feel free to add it if you could find it)
    • In Richie's side of the story, he says that he "was treated differently because he was popular and dressed differently".
  • Richie himself has admitted that he began wearing his costume specifically to gain attention for his music / Youtube channel (He says this at 3:00)

The New Drama (Nov 2017)

• Prior to his relationships with Jaclyn Glenn and Ayalla (Best friend of Billie, Onision's former polyamorous lover), he dated a girl named Lexi for two months
  • Throughout his relationship with Ayalla, he apparently cheated multiple times with Lexi and a girl called Natti
    • Initially, people thought Natti was innocent but Ayalla has revealed otherwise in her Younow streams
  • Ayalla has also stated that he has asked other girls if they were over 18, and has attempted to cheat with even more people
  • Jaclyn Glenn found out all of this after she became suspicious from seeing a text from an unknown number on his phone with many hearts on it
    • Jaclyn then checked his phone and found multiple messages referring to Richie cheating on her with Lexi
    • During this time, Lexi also had a boyfriend and was cheating on him with Richie
    • Jaclyn also revealed that during one of Richie's shows, Lexi and him had a quickie in the bathroom
    • He also didn't care if he gave Jaclyn an STD, and just continued to cheat with multiple girls
    • Jaclyn's video exposing his cheating ass
  • Has had a history of being manipulative towards past girlfriends, such as using them in videos after they've broken up or replacing a role originally meant for them with his new girlfriend
    • Also apparently threatened to commit suicide multiple times to Ayalla, which kept her trapped in the relationship
    • Would make Jaclyn insecure by talking about how he likes "thicc" girls
  • Made a terrible apology video to his fans about everything that has happened, and received tons of backlash
    • Basically shifted the blame off himself and blamed Jaclyn for getting into the relationship with him
    • Is currently up to 30,000 lost subscribers
  • Onion boy has been antagonizing everyone involved, bothering Jaclyn to admit he was "right all along" about Richie

Posted

He honestly looks like if Lovely Lor was a sceneish goth.

Posted

Ahhh I dont know much about the lolita community so I don't know anything about her. She looks cool tho. Richie is more scenish emo tho, goth people where the full makeup and stuff as a regular day to day outfit and he just puts it on when he wants attention or is going to make a video or go to a concert.

Posted

This is definitely emo stuff...looks very black veil brides. Goth is more constructed and inspired- but it died out and was replaced with nu-goth. I must say I'm not fond of his lazy makeup either. 

Posted

I agree with the makeup thing sorta. Goth people tend to actually care about their makeup skills lol. There is a goth community on youtube, I watch a few of the users frequently, and tbh him labeling his videos as "goth reacts / goth does ___" is kinda insulting / irritating. Actual goth people get harassed and there are several cases of them being killed for the way they look, because what they are wearing is not a costume, it's their everyday look. He puts on a costume and then sits infront of the camera and calls himself this and then takes it off before he can get any of the damage an actual goth person would get. 

I really like his effort in the physical costume itself, but he didnt even make it; he pays people to make it for him, and he pays a lot of money for it. I don't remember the exact amount for the headdress alone, i think he says it in the "why its ok to wear the headdress" video. I just think its a perfect example of white privilege: white dude pays hundreds of dollars for a native american styled headdress, burns it just for fun, and then buys a new one. 

Posted

Even his music is...blech. :alpacabored:

Posted

His cheek makes me want to play tic tac toe on it... With a permanent marker..

Posted

Apparently he cheated on his now ex girlfriend after trying to get with her for a long time. I'm not sure where people found this out (I've looked on his channel as well as his girlfriend's channel and neither of them have a video about it; I only heard it through the comment section.. Maybe it's on twitter or something). I feel like it has something to do with Billie since she has caused problems in their relationship as well as other relationships in the past. (sorry if this is OT but I didn't see anyone mention it)

Posted

I agree with the makeup thing sorta. Goth people tend to actually care about their makeup skills lol. There is a goth community on youtube, I watch a few of the users frequently, and tbh him labeling his videos as "goth reacts / goth does ___" is kinda insulting / irritating. Actual goth people get harassed and there are several cases of them being killed for the way they look, because what they are wearing is not a costume, it's their everyday look. He puts on a costume and then sits infront of the camera and calls himself this and then takes it off before he can get any of the damage an actual goth person would get. 

I really like his effort in the physical costume itself, but he didnt even make it; he pays people to make it for him, and he pays a lot of money for it. I don't remember the exact amount for the headdress alone, i think he says it in the "why its ok to wear the headdress" video. I just think its a perfect example of white privilege: white dude pays hundreds of dollars for a native american styled headdress, burns it just for fun, and then buys a new one. 

I agree, I imagine he only puts it all on for the camera and never walks out in it. He probably doesn't even walk around the house in it all. 

The costume looks real nice, he just poorly presents it. And I wouldn't say white privilege otherwise he'd act like a complete ass and say he made it all and he can wear it because he's superior, it's more like disrespect and arrogance. 

Posted

I just saw the video he posted on fb how he went to the tøp concert. So he was there in full costume, ofc getting alot of attention... but I guess he just wore it to get Tylers attention(which it seems like he got? Dunno if Tyler was really pointing at him tho..) 

But a total dickmove was to wear that ridiculous big hatdress through the whole concert. Because people behind him were probably screwed.

Posted

I agree, I imagine he only puts it all on for the camera and never walks out in it. He probably doesn't even walk around the house in it all. 

The costume looks real nice, he just poorly presents it. And I wouldn't say white privilege otherwise he'd act like a complete ass and say he made it all and he can wear it because he's superior, it's more like disrespect and arrogance. 

being able to afford 100+ dollar headdresses and then burn them and buy new ones just for fun and not have to actually earn them culturally or make them yourself is a privilege he has because he's a white dude. He has the privilege to just be like "it's not disrespectful even though I was told by the people who invented this type of head wear that it its disrespectful" because he can afford it and because he has thousands of lil emo girls willing to back him up just cause he looks cute. 

I just saw the video he posted on fb how he went to the tøp concert. So he was there in full costume, ofc getting alot of attention... but I guess he just wore it to get Tylers attention(which it seems like he got? Dunno if Tyler was really pointing at him tho..) 

But a total dickmove was to wear that ridiculous big hatdress through the whole concert. Because people behind him were probably screwed.

truuu. it seems v inconsiderate. there was also no reason to wear it because like hes said before, its just to draw attention to his music, and he was at someone elses concert enjoying their music. so he pretty much saw a crowd of people and was like "i can get attention from this" and went in for it OR like you said it couldve been solely to get Tyler's attention. 

Posted

I think if he were black, asian or just any race that isn't Native American he could probably do the same, it's not necessarily related to him being white. Just saying.

Well considering the fact that white people slaughtered and raped native americans i think the fact that hes white telling native americans that theyre wrong about his headdress and then burning it makes it worse than if he was any other race

Posted

Well considering the fact that white people slaughtered and raped native americans i think the fact that hes white telling native americans that theyre wrong about his headdress and then burning it makes it worse than if he was any other race

Well considering that white people who are alive today had just as much to do with it as other races when it happened, I disagree. 

Posted

Either way its still a thing of privilege ie privilege of being able to afford something like that and then burn it and buy a new one, race or no race