• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

The worst thing a ex has done to you

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I have two Ex's that really ate at my soul.

One threw me away because I couldn't give her a baby, and the other got rid of me because I eventually stopped flinching away from him/ 

I think perforated contraceptives might beat out alienating me from my entire support group, but only slightly.

Bless the both of them I hope they live super happy lives, and then have to file bankruptcy so that their credit is ruinnnnnnned mwahahaha. 

Posted

Ditching me for his "guy friends" and bluntly lying to my face when proven wrong by the few occurences I've seen him flirting and being too close with other girls. It was considered to be one of the worst things my ex has done to me because he was the first person I was in a relationship with too, so I stayed commited to him while he didn't.

My emotions were being played by him around so much but I was so stubborn on thinking that his old self would come back. He was never the confident and obnoxious guy he is now, he used to be shy and quiet like me. 

So it was a huge impact on me when I finally caught him with one of my friend's friends.

Therefore, the all too common: cheating.

Posted

This isn't an ex but it was someone who I used to like and I guess the worst thing he did to me was this. So you see I like him but he doesn't really like me and is in love with his best friend so he used to always asked me if he could come hang out with me while his best friend (the girl he likes) is working and once she gets off work he'll go straight to see her. It was really messed up and anyways they got together and when they were dating he tried to get me to come hang out on their date and be a third wheeler. Good thing I never accepted any of his invites. He also told me that when I used to like him and he didn't like me he would flirting with my close friends to make me mad so I would stop liking him. I thought he was really immature and could have just told me straight out that he doesnt like me and only see me as a friend. Instead he wanted to play childish games with me. 

Posted

My ex sexually assaulted me when I fell asleep on this bed and he told a 13 yr old (she was 16 at the time) that he had romantic feelings for her while we were dating at the time.

Posted

I had a brief online dating stint that didn't bode well for me. First ex (technically second) had wooed me with compliments and sweet talk, but as soon as we started dating he took a vindictive turn. I was young and I just got out of one of the worse patches of my life, so I had a lot of mental and emotional baggage that I didn't know how to handle which made me a ripe pick for him to control. He blew up whenever I was stepping out of his 'perfect waifu' vision aka me being myself and would yell until I did what he wanted. When I was severely depressed, instead of helping me, he said that I was being too emotional and I needed to toughen up. His reasoning was because he was suffering from a very rare disease that require blood transfusions and he was dying, and I was whining about life when he had it harder. Surprisingly that wasn't the reason why I split with him. We had gotten into an argument, he insulted me like usual, and then he acted like he was my best friend. I told him to fuck off and blocked him there. And surprise! He's still alive, the disease was made up, and he tried reaching out to me two years later and I ignored him.

Second ex (third) had the same approach as the last one, so I was more wary. Eventually I warmed up and he was this softspoken and passive guy who gave me the comfort I needed and validated my feelings. And then, he goes away for a week without warning. I ask, he says he's busy. I lurk, he's trying to get with with a 14 year old girl. I repeat, a 19 year old person was trying to flirt and date someone FIVE YEARS HIS JUNIOR. I didn't give him a warning, I told him we were done and I left. He threatened to commit suicide and he was panicking online, but I jumped ship anyhow. He's still alive, he tried to get back with me and I told him to kiss my ass.

Posted

Had a 3 year long distance relationship with someone. I live in a 3rd world country so saving up to visit someone that lives in Canada wasn't really an easy ride.

Anyways, I spent a whole year saving up to visit her only to end up being treated like shit for 2 weeks.

I really did feel like shit, wanted the world to swallow me.

Gladly after our break up and some time, we reconnected and we formally apologized to each other. Gave a nice closure, which I really needed.

Posted

Already posted here but the person I recently broke up with tops my last post. 

Sexually assaulted me because I wouldnt do his laundry

Would show up to my job after I said I didint want to see him and would harrass my coworkers.

I don't know if his counts but after I broke up with him he kept showing up at my mom's house at 3 am while I was sleeping. He kept changing his story to make me seem at fault; first it was "I was worried about her because her line was cut" (I changed my number), then it was "she asked me to come over", the last one was "I was going to check up on her but caught her cheating on me" it was funny at first but now it's annoying. I think he actually believes his own lies now.

After I moved out, my brother told me he showed up at my mom's house 6 more times.

Keeps making youtube videos where he calls my family members, and just talks about me. Also kept threatening to kill my brothers. 

Hes stopped bothering us for now but I feel really bad. My mom got so scared she , started taking the night shift. She was scared to be home alone at night since I left. :/

Posted

I have a ex who lied to me about not liking online relationships, after the break up I found out he actually got into another never met ldr and keeps meeting up online people in the real world.

He lied to me about not liking ldrs. he got into another one. hypocritical

Posted (edited)

Well. Where should I start.

I spent 2 years with a mentally sick person. I was 19 when we met. I was young and naive and because of my hella low self esteem I used to think I did not deserve anything good (otherwise I am quite sure I would have kicked him in the ass right away). I noticed there was something wrong with him, but I did not trust my gut. I wanted to help him, I thought he needed my help and nothing could go wrong.

From the very beginning to the very end he kept on destroying me from an emotional and psychological point of view.

He used to say he was in love with me, yet there was not a single aspect of me he actually liked.

He used to tell me what to do, what not to do. If I ever tried some kind of compromise, it was never acceptable.

He used to make fun of my body (for example breasts and private parts and yeah, for some time I even thought having plastic surgery down there because I felt gross). I would dress nicely to hang out with him and he would literally laugh at me.

He used to tell me he was not jealous of my friends, yet it was crystal clear he did not want me to spend time with other people.

He used to make me feel hella guilty for trivial reasons. If he was wrong, it was automatically me being wrong, according to his distorted and sick point of view.

He used to threaten to leave me all the time, and at that time I was not able to face the break up.

When I finally told him to kindly go f*ck himself, he tried to make people believe I was wrong, that I was a horrible person and he just lied to these people (eg. "X said you are a whore", "X told me she thinks you are stupid"). Good thing is smart people came to me for hearing my part of the story, and dumb people believed his shit and left my life.

He kept some things I left at his place (even a luggage that actually was my mother's) and he refused to give them back. There were also some expensive things. For some months after the break up he kept on making fun of me like sending me pics of my stuff and asking if I wanted it back. When I understood he did not want to actually give back anything and that those things were the only thing allowing him to have some kind of power over me, I told him to f*ck off and disappear from my life once and for all.

Almost forgot, maybe he cheated on me, not sure, do not care, but it could have happened.

Edited by Banshee717

Posted

he left like i mean nothing to him, he just ignore me even my text or calls like i did not exist. he was like someone who just packs their bags and leave without a word. no proper break up, no exact reason. i felt like i was hanging in the air, confused about what happened. whenever i remember that i just laugh and think what an asshole lol.

IMG_3382.thumb.GIF.2ee9f6e873375ae9110da

Posted

My ex cheated on me then said. “You should of never been so shy.” never apologized, just laughed in my face and we never talked again.

Posted

My ex cheated on me then said. “You should of never been so shy.” never apologized, just laughed in my face and we never talked again.

Damn how do assholes always manage to find women that like them while cheating simultaneously? Makes no sense

Posted

We had broken up by this point, but one evening he had non consensual sex with me while I was very drunk and I had stated earlier that I didn't want to fuck him. He crossed his heart and promised. After he finished he cried and said he didn't love me anymore and then he rolled over and had a nice sleep. Next morning he acted like nothing happened. Took me years to get over it, as if the relationship hadn't been shit enough. I want to tell his sister who's also my best friend, but I don't want her to bring it up to her family. 

Posted

He asked his mother to dump me

Posted (edited)

He asked his mother to dump me

What a pussy move that was.Show how much of a man he was to begin with.

Edited by Fairyduster