• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Pokimane Graduation   07/05/20

Hello. Pokimane has been given her own Subforum in the Little Snowflakes section. This change and other minor site changes have been made and can be found in the site changes thread here. Thank you.

youtube Sharla in Japan

6010 posts in this topic

Posted

I have to admit, I enjoy watching these lifestyle videos much more than the documentary style or commenter-bashing videos that some other vloggers make. In fact, I could watch people do their shopping, housework and cooking all day! It would be interesting to know what the amino acids in the refrigerator are for.

Amino acid supplements can be (but shouldn't be) used for weight loss. The point is that taking them will result in a higher metabolism, hence easier weight loss. Though, a lot of people misuse them, they aren't directly intended for weight loss; their true purpose is to help build muscle, especially during training or for regularly highly athletic people.

Also she's vegan and a lot of vegans suffer from fatigue because of an imbalanced vegan diet. So they take supplements to make up for what they don't get from their diet. Amino acids are known to help relieve fatigue due to how it metabolises in the muscles and blood.

This actually gives quite a lot of clues about how she's doing with her vegan diet, weight loss and lifestyle. 👀

Posted (edited)

Amino acid supplements can be (but shouldn't be) used for weight loss. The point is that taking them will result in a higher metabolism, hence easier weight loss. Though, a lot of people misuse them, they aren't directly intended for weight loss; their true purpose is to help build muscle, especially during training or for regularly highly athletic people.

Also she's vegan and a lot of vegans suffer from fatigue because of an imbalanced vegan diet. So they take supplements to make up for what they don't get from their diet. Amino acids are known to help relieve fatigue due to how it metabolises in the muscles and blood.

This actually gives quite a lot of clues about how she's doing with her vegan diet, weight loss and lifestyle. 👀

She's not vegan anymore tho. There have been several instances where people noticed she was eating non vegan stuff in her friend's vlogs and I think she even admitted that she eats food that contains animal products when she's out with her friends. It also looked like she gained back a good chunk of weight in the 80's makeover she did with Taylor. 

So, here's a new video. Super exciting content, right? 

Still better than when she filmed herself scrubbing her toilet when she was still living in korea 😂

Edited by eevee

Posted

She's not vegan anymore tho. There have been several instances where people noticed she was eating non vegan stuff in her friend's vlogs and I think she even admitted that she eats food that contains animal products when she's out with her friends. 

I don't think there's any shame in being "flexitarian". It can be very difficult having a normal social life when you have special dietary needs. I've always been attracted to the Vegan lifestyle for the compassion it encourages towards animals though my food allergies prevent it.

Amino acid supplements can be (but shouldn't be) used for weight loss. The point is that taking them will result in a higher metabolism, hence easier weight loss.

I didn't know that. I take an amino acid called Lysine with Vitamin C for depression and thought she might be using amino acids for the same reason.

Posted

It would be interesting to know what the amino acids in the refrigerator are for.

I always thought (from her cooking videos) that she used them as a replacement for soy sauce?

Posted

Posted

The comments on her newest video :alpacaconfused: am I really the only one who thinks she looks her age? 

Posted

The comments on her newest video :alpacaconfused: am I really the only one who thinks she looks her age? 

I cringed too. She does looks her age, but then i realised a big portion of her fans are prob 22 and below, when you're that age you think you stop looking youthful magically after 24. I remember being 12 and seeing 18 to 20 year olds as big scary old adults as well 😂Shes a young adult, so ofc she looks youthful still. She is young lol. 

Posted

IMO, the youngest age Sharla could pass for is about 28. But yeah, I don't get why people think women morph into old hunchbacked crones as soon as they hit 30, lol. Of course Sharla doesn't look that old...because 34 isn't old. Never understood the whole "men age like wine, women age like milk" thing because I've seen more men who look waaaaaay older than their real age than women. Most women I come across at least look their age if not slightly younger. Anyway, happy birthday Sharla! She looked cute in that first pair of glasses.

Hot Take: Men don't age more gracefully. It's just that society as a whole focuses less on men's appearances, so naturally men can get away with having some wrinkles and eye bags. People simply don't shit on men as much for aging, a natural process. If anything, women age more gracefully because we generally take better care of ourselves and are under more pressure to be beautiful. But I digress, lol.

Posted

IMO, the youngest age Sharla could pass for is about 28. But yeah, I don't get why people think women morph into old hunchbacked crones as soon as they hit 30, lol. Of course Sharla doesn't look that old...because 34 isn't old. Never understood the whole "men age like wine, women age like milk" thing because I've seen more men who look waaaaaay older than their real age than women. Most women I come across at least look their age if not slightly younger. Anyway, happy birthday Sharla! She looked cute in that first pair of glasses.

Hidden Content

i honestly think women age a lot better than men on average, the whole "men age like fine wine" is mostly an incel saying to make themself feel better.

I would say the only thing tthat can hit women hard in some cases is giving birth. I have a friend early 30s who has 3 kids, and she said it scared her how much she aged in her face after giving birth. I have even went into discussion with incels when they use the whole men fine wine argument, and most have a weak comeback like "30s may still be young but all you women let yourself go after mid 20s lol" as if men never "let themselves go" fuck incel mentality 🙄 

Posted (edited)

I don't know how anyone can properly judge her age when you factor in make up, lighting, camera and things like that. When you look at her under other people cameras she looks slightly different, and she looks her age. She is aging well though.

Edited by casio

Posted (edited)

i honestly think women age a lot better than men on average, the whole "men age like fine wine" is mostly an incel saying to make themself feel better.

I would say the only thing tthat can hit women hard in some cases is giving birth. I have a friend early 30s who has 3 kids, and she said it scared her how much she aged in her face after giving birth. I have even went into discussion with incels when they use the whole men fine wine argument, and most have a weak comeback like "30s may still be young but all you women let yourself go after mid 20s lol" as if men never "let themselves go" fuck incel mentality 🙄 

People only think men age better because a lot of women's beauty centers around looking/being "youthful"  :/

Edited by nyami

Posted

You looks still lovely and age well, but im still...not shocked but still,.. that she is my age, or even some month older.

Posted

There are men in their 40s and 50s who look great. Actors,wrestlers,martial artist,etc. I don't think that women age better than men or vicerverse. It just depend of yur genes and how you take care of yourself. Obviously if you have money you have more adventages than an average person(plastic surgery,the best doctors,healty food is really more expensive than junk food in general)

Posted

Damn, do the people in her comments think a 34 year old is supposed to look haggard and be covered in wrinkles or something? She looks young because she still is a young adult (and it helps that she takes good care of her skin and is filming in flattering lighting). 

Posted

Did Taylor do anything for Sharla's bday this year? Usually she posts a story or Sharla will mention she sent something but doesn't seem to have this year?