• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Sharla in Japan

5905 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She has always been very open about not being super hardcore about her veganism. I don't see any problem, she is free to find the diet that works for her, is not all white or black, there are shades of grey in the middle.

Is clear that after the initial excitement and discovering veganism, she found her sweet spot, she is not even calling herself vegan anymore (if we go by that comment).

Edited by casio

Posted

New time vegans are always super excited, preachy, proud (maybe annoying) about their new lifestyle change in the beginning - but usually mellow out later. I was kinda the same. 

It's not just her, this is pretty common

Posted

Road trip video; Chris is there with Sharla and so is Norm.

Posted

^^ I'm more than okay with Chris being there but omg can Norm just disappear from the internet? The obnoxiousness I can feel from him makes me want to immediately close any video he's in. It wasn't "that much" but I still had to mute every time I saw him open his mouth...

Posted

^^ I'm more than okay with Chris being there but omg can Norm just disappear from the internet? The obnoxiousness I can feel from him makes me want to immediately close any video he's in. It wasn't "that much" but I still had to mute every time I saw him open his mouth...

He sounds really fake in his video, and his Japanese sounds kind of off... 

Posted

I haven't watched her in years so I didn't know she was divorced but I've noticed she's been commenting in a lot of Chris's ig posts. Is she dating him? :o

Posted

I haven't watched her in years so I didn't know she was divorced but I've noticed she's been commenting in a lot of Chris's ig posts. Is she dating him? :o

They've been good friends for a longer period of time now. People were/are speculating but they've never said so. Even tho I could sense somewhat of a chemistry between them, I personally don't think that they are dating

Posted

Well maybe Sharla is just like Norm but hides it better? Sometimes we try to warn people about other toxic people while forgetting they can be just the same. Just better players at the game. To think she is oblivious to everything is quite far fetched.  She seems nice but I think there are times she seems off. Then again I don't know her so what she thinks and knows about Norm is maybe from her perspective just online gossip and trolling.Or just doesn't care and enjoys his kissing up. 

Don't forget Sharla's way of making money is being an influencer and selling products on her channel (like the glasses thing, how many glasses does one need, seriously) . So she could be using him (even if he is smaller) as well from a business influencer standpoint.She might even like the idea of 'helping' him, though I don't know how long Norm can stomach that- if he is this narcissistic person. They have fragile ego's and don't handle such power imbalance well. 

Also I don't know the truth about the people that claim to know Norm but the whole ' i know a friend that knew him and said x' is not believeable unless there is actual proof so I am taking it with a grain of salt. 

Posted

Also I don't know the truth about the people that claim to know Norm but the whole ' i know a friend that knew him and said x' is not believeable unless there is actual proof so I am taking it with a grain of salt.

I'm here to back up that MissyDeluxe knows Norm. She helped me set up the thread, and DM'd me a bunch of internal GABA stuff, plus gave me his wife's details, including career, and his son's age.

When Sharla is doing videos with Norm something about her personality really rubs me the wrong way but I can't pinpoint why exactly! Like her whole persona changes with each of her guests. She changed a lot when she was filming with Chris Broad but they were very obviously flirting on camera before she got divorced seeming to have a good time in those videos and bouncing off each other's energy. Maybe it's just because I think Norm is a giant pain in society's backside.

Posted

I'm here to back up that MissyDeluxe knows Norm. She helped me set up the thread, and DM'd me a bunch of internal GABA stuff, plus gave me his wife's details, including career, and his son's age.

When Sharla is doing videos with Norm something about her personality really rubs me the wrong way but I can't pinpoint why exactly! Like her whole persona changes with each of her guests. She changed a lot when she was filming with Chris Broad but they were very obviously flirting on camera before she got divorced seeming to have a good time in those videos and bouncing off each other's energy. Maybe it's just because I think Norm is a giant pain in society's backside.

Agree. I also somehow got the vibe that she might have been slightly annoyed even by Chris in her last vlogs? Could be totally wrong ofc

Posted

why is it that every time emma (tokidoki traveler) goes on trips with sharla, sharla is usually just off camera, not saying anything, and generally just trying to not be seen or heard. its like emma is only pretending that sharla is there, except in sharla's vlog of the same trip, there's emma! so weird.

Posted (edited)

why is it that every time emma (tokidoki traveler) goes on trips with sharla, sharla is usually just off camera, not saying anything, and generally just trying to not be seen or heard. its like emma is only pretending that sharla is there, except in sharla's vlog of the same trip, there's emma! so weird.

Because it is Emma's channel and it might be what they agreed on. This sounds nitpicky. If Sharla was talking too much in the video, I bet that wouldve been the next issue. 

Still taking it with a big grain of salt because that doesn't mean everything they claim or say is directly the truth. I am not a fan or hater of Norm since I just found out who he is. 

When MissyDeluxe writes posts like she is writing a novel and then follow up with threats of exposure but can't due to x reason, it seems a tad obsessive. Just get it all out of your system and move on. I understand the need to show people the bad side of others (been there, done that) but it isn't good for your own health.  Don't waste it on a dickhead.

Edit : yes I agree on Sharla. It seems we are just scratching the surface with her. I liked her personality more when she was with Chris B. It seemed less controlled and more her. Then again it is YouTube, we only see fragments of people. 

Edited by Kurumi
Added commentary on the quoted post

Posted

its emma's channel, yes, but its a travel vlog. she includes her other friends in vlogs when she goes out. but whenever it's sharla, its just all very sir-not-appearing-in-this-film

Posted

Her most recent vid: Let me give you a tour (of the cabin)! shows selfie mode only.

I generally like Sharla's vids, but that had me facepalming. :D