• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server:Ā https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

youtube Sharla in Japan

6018 posts in this topic

Posted

šŸ¤¦ So either she can't see through people or she's getting on with people like him for a reason. Who knows.

Screenshot_20191001-152030.png

Ā 

What is wrong with him? Have only seen him at Tokyi creativeĀ 

Posted (edited)

What is wrong with him? Have only seen him at Tokyi creativeĀ 

Ā 

Norm has his own thread here.

Heā€™s basically a narcissist and rude to anyone who isnā€™t a stepping stone or useful to his YT career. Heā€™s also been less than truthful about his past; he worked at Gaba but he never said so in his videos (I think he fudged it to something like he worked in ā€˜managementā€™), and heā€™s also consistently left out the fact that heā€™s married with a kid (which isnā€™t weird on its own bc itā€™s fine to leave them out for privacy issues, but itā€™s weird/ skeevy when you take everything else into account).Ā Heā€™s done stuff like fake a PULL account to dig for how someone found some info on him and then immediately closed that avenue, was universally hated at Gaba when he worked there, pretty much deliberately outtedĀ one of his friends (Greg; I forgot what his online handle is),Ā and is just a generally unsavoury character.

As for Sharla, sheā€™s beenĀ collabingĀ with him for a while now. She also essentially made his channel and I think after their initial collaborationĀ Norm got up to 25k subs from 10k subs (numbers could be wrong but it was a big bump). Sharla just has a history of people using her (Mira...) so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Norm was perfectly nice to her and she never sees the bad side to him. I mean who will you believe: your friend who you meet and interact with yourself or an online forum full of people youā€™ve never met?

Considering Normā€™s subs have stagnated I think heā€™s gonna be leeching off Sharla for a while to come. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøĀ 

Edited by redbowkiki

Posted

They have been friends for a long time, even before the youtube thing. Maybe they are just friend with no bad intentions behind.

Ā 

Posted (edited)

Norm has his own thread here.

Heā€™s basically a narcissist and rude to anyone who isnā€™t a stepping stone or useful to his YT career. Heā€™s also been less than truthful about his past; he worked at Gaba but he never said so in his videos (I think he fudged it to something like he worked in ā€˜managementā€™), and heā€™s also consistently left out the fact that heā€™s married with a kid (which isnā€™t weird on its own bc itā€™s fine to leave them out for privacy issues, but itā€™s weird/ skeevy when you take everything else into account).Ā Heā€™s done stuff like fake a PULL account to dig for how someone found some info on him and then immediately closed that avenue, was universally hated at Gaba when he worked there, pretty much deliberately outtedĀ one of his friends (Greg; I forgot what his online handle is),Ā and is just a generally unsavoury character.

As for Sharla, sheā€™s beenĀ collabingĀ with him for a while now. She also essentially made his channel and I think after their initial collaborationĀ Norm got up to 25k subs from 10k subs (numbers could be wrong but it was a big bump). Sharla just has a history of people using her (Mira...) so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Norm was perfectly nice to her and she never sees the bad side to him. I mean who will you believe: your friend who you meet and interact with yourself or an online forum full of people youā€™ve never met?

Considering Normā€™s subs have stagnated I think heā€™s gonna be leeching off Sharla for a while to come. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøĀ 

Ā 

Oh wow. After reading the whole thread and about other jvloggers.. It makes sense why I felt a weird vibe from the TC crew ( i only like emma and chris broad) . And Sharla and Chris broad are together?Ā 

Edited by Kurumi
Typo: ask=and

Posted

They have been friends for a long time, even before the youtube thing. Maybe they are just friend with no bad intentions behind.

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, I know that much ... But I just cant understand why? I've cut off toxic people in my life before. Only one or two. But I'd really had my reasons and sometimes it's necessary and I just can't believe that he's that good of a friend that you'd want to keep him around for years?!

Posted

So I guess Sharla isn't vegan anymore? She made a big deal about the Pokemon Cafe not having soy milk a few months ago, but in her latest video (haul/organising) you can clearly see items containing milk (BirdsĀ custard and Galaxy hot chocolate). Big ol' nitpick but hey.Ā 

Posted

So I guess Sharla isn't vegan anymore? She made a big deal about the Pokemon Cafe not having soy milk a few months ago, but in her latest video (haul/organising) you can clearly see items containing milk (BirdsĀ custard and Galaxy hot chocolate). Big ol' nitpick but hey.Ā 

Ā 

I long suspected thatĀ occasionally she might be "flexitarian". There are other videos of her eating pastries andĀ candies and drinking beverages that seem to haveĀ dairy, when she's out with friends. She privately might eat things with egg or even meats once in awhile, too.

She confirms this in her most recent video (the 4-day Northern Japan road trip) in the comment section when someone asks her if she is still vegan.

I provided a screenshot.

Screenshot_20191010-081103_YouTube.jpg

Posted

I dont see any problem with that.

Posted

Problem is she used to be super preachy about it and the whole Ā“Ā“well I love animalsĀ“thats why I am veganĀ“Ā“ and blabla.

if someone is like I eat plant based for my healthy and then a year later theyd drop it its completely it would feel different, cause you didnt claim to be a holier than thou animal lover when you went vegan. I also personally dont believe she eats plant based at home.

Think again Sharla next time you want to put up a holier than thou facade around something.Ā 

Posted

Problem is she used to be super preachy about it and the whole Ā“Ā“well I love animalsĀ“thats why I am veganĀ“Ā“ and blabla.

if someone is like I eat plant based for my healthy and then a year later theyd drop it its completely it would feel different, cause you didnt claim to be a holier than thou animal lover when you went vegan. I also personally dont believe she eats plant based at home.

Think again Sharla next time you want to put up a holier than thou facade around something.Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, but people change and grow. Just because she used to be huge about being vegan doesnā€™t mean she canā€™t change her mind and stance on the matter.Ā 
Ā 

Honestly, your comment seems like you just want an excuse to be pissed at her/hate her, which is totally fine, you do you. Iā€™m just saying Iā€™d pick something that doesnā€™t sound quite so ridiculous, as she has plenty to choose from.

I also realize this comes off as super white knight-ish, but such is not my intention.

Posted (edited)

She has always been very open about not being super hardcore about her veganism. I don't see any problem, she is free to find the diet that works for her, is not all white or black, there are shades of grey in the middle.

Is clear that after the initial excitement and discovering veganism, she found her sweet spot, she is not even calling herself vegan anymore (if we go by that comment).

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by casio

Posted

New time vegans are always super excited, preachy, proud (maybe annoying)Ā about their new lifestyle change in the beginningĀ - but usually mellow out later. I was kinda the same.Ā 

It's not just her, this is pretty common

Posted

Road trip video; Chris is there with Sharla and so is Norm.

Posted

^^ I'm more than okay with Chris being there but omg can Norm just disappear from the internet? The obnoxiousness I can feel from him makes me want to immediately close any video he's in. It wasn't "that much" but I still had to mute every time I saw him open his mouth...

Posted

^^ I'm more than okay with Chris being there but omg can Norm just disappear from the internet? The obnoxiousness I can feel from him makes me want to immediately close any video he's in. It wasn't "that much" but I still had to mute every time I saw him open his mouth...

He sounds really fake in his video, and his Japanese sounds kind of off...Ā