• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Sharla in Japan

5848 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just watched her recent video and looks like she's wearing an engagement ring? I know some people wear rings on that finger, just not a typical thing at least where I am from to wear anything on that finger other than engagement/wedding. 

Yep, it was visible in Norm's video where he took the Elon Musk cutout stand to Sharla's birthday, visible in Sharla's Kagaya Izakaya video, and in the pictures of the restaurant that she posted to Twitter a few weeks ago. But that's not that interesting because they seemed to all be on the same day. 

My guess would be it's a pink opal, which isn't inexpensive but not as pricey as diamond. Would make an elegant engagement ring, but it's also very possible she's just wearing it for the hell of it - have known a few people to do this. 

Edited by gyro

Posted

I'm probably reading waaay too much into this but it's interesting:

In Chris' latest podcast (IIRC it's 26 Traits Japanese Women Want In A Man) he mentions he was averse to the idea of marriage up until his birthday recently (late April), which happened to coincide with Sharla's birthday, which happened to coincide with the ring appearing in a few videos (and him appearing in Morioka on his Instagram feed). Yeah, it's a stretch but thought I'd mention it.

The podcast was pretty funny as well, so it's worth a listen: https://play.acast.com/s/abroadinjapan/26traitsjapanesewomenwantinaguy..-

Posted

I'm probably reading waaay too much into this but it's interesting:

In Chris' latest podcast (IIRC it's 26 Traits Japanese Women Want In A Man) he mentions he was averse to the idea of marriage up until his birthday recently (late April), which happened to coincide with Sharla's birthday, which happened to coincide with the ring appearing in a few videos (and him appearing in Morioka on his Instagram feed). Yeah, it's a stretch but thought I'd mention it.

The podcast was pretty funny as well, so it's worth a listen: https://play.acast.com/s/abroadinjapan/26traitsjapanesewomenwantinaguy..-

I'd like to see them together too at some point, but honestly I don't think Sharla would get engaged immediately after getting divorced. And although Chris is slowly changing his mind about marriage I don't think he's dying to tie the knot either.

Posted

I'd like to see them together too at some point, but honestly I don't think Sharla would get engaged immediately after getting divorced. And although Chris is slowly changing his mind about marriage I don't think he's dying to tie the knot either.

Good points, though I hope it's not like what a lot of people do and wait just because they're worried they'll offend their ex partners and their circle -- from experience the ex is waiting for you to move on so they can move on and it becomes a silly standoff as to who makes the first move. What happens is 6-12 months are wasted for the other party to go public on a new relationship and once someone makes a move, through some miracle, oh hey the other person has a new partner within a few weeks of that announcement. [1]

That said, being well-ish known figures (relative to most people) their relationships are judged and analysed publicly (as I'm doing now!) so they're forced to be mindful about what information comes out and when.

I guess the most anyone can hope for is they wind up happy and without knowing what their preferences are, it wouldn't be surprising if they only considered each other friends. Having random people on the internet speculate about a relationship you have no intent on making happen would be really weird. Glad I'm not in their position!

[1] Sharla also has her cats with her ex, so there's added complexity.

Posted

I remember Sharla saying in a video many years ago, even years before he announced her engagement that she likes to wear a finger ring to avoid guys hitting on her. I don't know if that applies to this days or not but it has been awhile since she split with her husband, maybe is time for her to move on with her romantic life.

We will never find out anyway, she is good at hiding this things from the public eye, as it should be.

Posted

Ungh. I hate that. Even though my Ex technically cheated on me and left me for another woman, he made fun of me when I found my new partner by chance, like, 3-4 months after our break-up and we immediately got together bc we fit sooo well. Something about "you couldn't have loved me then after all", what a douche. 

Anyway. If you find a person, no matter how long you've been broken-up with you ex, don't feel bad about it?! There's no such thing as the perfect timing.

But I agree that it's probably JUST a ring and getting engaged so soon after is a bit too much and probably unrealistic as well.

Posted

Ungh. I hate that. Even though my Ex technically cheated on me and left me for another woman, he made fun of me when I found my new partner by chance, like, 3-4 months after our break-up and we immediately got together bc we fit sooo well. Something about "you couldn't have loved me then after all", what a douche. 

Language and psychology are fun (and your circumstances weren't, so forgive me).

"I loved you, you left me for someone else while we were still together, later I found someone as well."

Sum up the sequence of events in as few words as possible. They'll try to double-back and twist the sequence, but you need to keep repeating the real sequence. Don't let them create an imaginary timeline, emotional or physical. They can justify their shitty behaviour to themselves as long as they make you believe it or doubt your own assessment.

Posted

Oh btw, this is from her story. Reminded me a lot of Chris' humour again. Just throwing this in. Probably doesn't mean anything but yeah

Screenshot_20190531-110820.png

Posted

Anyway. If you find a person, no matter how long you've been broken-up with you ex, don't feel bad about it?! There's no such thing as the perfect timing.

But I agree that it's probably JUST a ring and getting engaged so soon after is a bit too much and probably unrealistic as well.

Oh ho I feel you so much on this. I've been there.

But whenever the timeline is for Sharla I hope she does find a relationship that let's her thrive instead of having to hide a part of her life forever.

I also hope she atleast gets one of her cats back.

Posted

Would any of you buy the Wishtrend package she showcased on her recent video?

I thought several of the items looked interesting to try, especially the moisturizers like the Rich Moist Soothing Cream (think that was one of the items she showed).

I've been wanting to try Klairs products for awhile based on other positive reviews I've seen online.

I've never seen her with bad acne though. She's been online for some time. Maybe she should have shown a picture of herself with the advanced acne, to compare to her skin now?

I use a few of the products she uses and I like them. I feel they help balance out my complexion and help keep my skin moisturized. Not all skincare routines are to treat or prevent acne. Not saying she's old but she's got the skin of a 30something, so things like complexion evening, firming, hydration, etc. are often bigger concerns.

Posted (edited)

JUST BUY THE PARAS!!!!! It feels like she’s been debating whether or not to buy it for forever! JUST BUY IT!

5FD6074A-1330-4BC5-B2CA-829F99FC25D0.png

Edited by Chelly

Posted

JUST BUY THE PARAS!!!!! It feels like she’s been debating whether or not to buy it for forever! JUST BUY IT!

5FD6074A-1330-4BC5-B2CA-829F99FC25D0.png

Its nose does look kinda bigger than the anime. But if it's her favourite Pokémon then just get it.

Posted

might be my subconscious bias against her but every time i see annyeongsharla pop up i always read it as ANNOYING sharla. like, i speak korean, i get it. but like.... lol you get it.

Posted

So she hates the people that she works with. I wonder why. She mentioned her coworkers being all old men and her being the only woman.