• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Sharla in Japan

5775 posts in this topic

Posted

this is just my 2 cents, but i think Sharla didn't have any real problems with the in-laws - not like other international couples where the bf/fiance will either accept he'll be disowned or just break up with the partner. If they were giving her gifts, cooking meals for her, etc; sounds like they were ok. Especially since he lived in Japan for a while, seems like they'd be prepared or accept he'd date a non-Korean.  If there were any problems, I'm guessing it's mostly just from them two together. But all Sharla shared is that she basically just likes to stay in her comfort zone, which is Japan.

Posted (edited)

Might be random but if they dated for 7 years how come they didn't know what they were getting into? Like did they not discuss Korean culture values n all? 

Also I feel since she lived in Japan since her teens she is more accustomed to Japanese culture and it might be stressful to start from scratch and fit into Korean society. 

Also with Chirs (Abroad in Japan) and Sharla I do think thy have a chemisty but I feel Sharla isnt the type to ruin someone elses relationship (Chris n Lillys ) just to make Chirs theirs.. 

Capturekk.JPG

Edited by missconspiracy101

Posted

woah I didn't expect she get divorce i honestly don't watch sharla that much since in my home feed she was featured and caught my attention why she's back at japan. I guess things don't go out the way when you get married I can't say for sure who's fault but I think entering into marriage life mean you have a lot to considered and it's a not easy one you are there that it can be challenging for Sharla to deal her marriage life and trying to make it work for her.

Posted

Might be random but if they dated for 7 years how come they didn't know what they were getting into? Like did they not discuss Korean culture values n all? 

You'd be surprised how little you actually know a person no matter how long you're together. You can talk and talk about the future and future plans, but if the other person is just going along with it or is unsure, there's nothing one can do about it. Sharla is someone who has lived in Japan for a long time and often talks about values and cultural differences... the assumption of them not having this discussion is a bit nonsensical lol

But yes, marriage is not easy in the sense that you never really know the other person completely (this goes for both sides).

Posted

You'd be surprised how little you actually know a person no matter how long you're together. You can talk and talk about the future and future plans, but if the other person is just going along with it or is unsure, there's nothing one can do about it. Sharla is someone who has lived in Japan for a long time and often talks about values and cultural differences... the assumption of them not having this discussion is a bit nonsensical lol

But yes, marriage is not easy in the sense that you never really know the other person completely (this goes for both sides).

Ugh yes so much THIS. It doesn't even matter where you partner is from, what culture they're from etc. People change, their life choices change, they don't feel a spark anymore etc. I don't think it's that deep. 

Posted

snowflake now pls

Posted

snowflake now pls

on what grounds? LOL I mean, you should back up your demands with some evidence... She wasn't "promoted" when her more shady/problematic behaviour was discussed, why would she be moved to snowflakes now when she did nothing?

Posted

Ugh yes so much THIS. It doesn't even matter where you partner is from, what culture they're from etc. People change, their life choices change, they don't feel a spark anymore etc. I don't think it's that deep. 

People change so much over SEVEN YEARS. Even if you work daily on your relationship and marriage you can still get to the point where you both have grown into entirely different people from who you were at the start, and you may find that the current you wouldn't enter into a relationship with the person your partner has grown into. I'm just a few years younger than Sharla, I got married MUCH younger, and at my age now I consider the age i got married at to be too young for anyone to get married.  And while we're still married, we're both entirely different ppl. 

Breakups are hard. I wish her all the best in her new phase of life. 

Posted

snowflake now pls

Because she's getting a divorce? And made a pretty reasonable but very sad video about it?

Girl,  check yourself. 

Posted

I made a comment years ago in here that I didn’t think they’d last. I didn’t want to be right but as long as we’ve known about him, he’s been incredibly apathetic about her. There was no love there. It has always seemed like a relationship of convenience to me. I still remember when she put on that “sexy Pikachu” costume and when she showed him, he literally couldn’t care less and how disappointed she was in his reaction. The signs were there but they chose to ignore it and now look where it got them? I hope she learns from this so it doesn’t happen again to her. It’s not a cultural difference, he was never really that into her. Happens all the time. Too many men would rather be with someone they’re only “eh” about than be alone. 

That’s a pretty big assumption and it sounds more like, especially your last sentence, that you are projecting a bit. It could be that him not seeming like he was into her on camera was due to him just not being comfortable on camera. I know that I clam up and shit down emotionally in front of a camera. Unless you were personally around in their relationship you don’t know how he really felt about her and it is heartless as fuck to be like, “Well, girl, he never loved you anyways, so...” It’s obvious that she loved him and saying shit like that when you don’t know them personally is really hurtful.

I know I got riled up there, but that is just something that really grinds my gears.

Posted (edited)

That’s a pretty big assumption and it sounds more like, especially your last sentence, that you are projecting a bit. It could be that him not seeming like he was into her on camera was due to him just not being comfortable on camera. I know that I clam up and shit down emotionally in front of a camera. Unless you were personally around in their relationship you don’t know how he really felt about her and it is heartless as fuck to be like, “Well, girl, he never loved you anyways, so...” It’s obvious that she loved him and saying shit like that when you don’t know them personally is really hurtful.

I know I got riled up there, but that is just something that really grinds my gears.

Oh please9_9

Yeah, you did get riled up and it's clear you typed purely from a place of emotion and being triggered than taking a second to really digest what I wrote and analyse where I might be coming from. It's typically good advice to wait a bit when you're emotionally triggered before responding because otherwise you don't come from a place of logic.

Plus the fact that you say I'm making a big assumption while simultaneously doing the same for me is pretty hypocritical.

Projecting? I don't think you really know what that means. Yeah, I studied several years of psychology. I'm not projecting. I am taking what I know and using that as the lens in which I've witnessed their relationship. Also, do you even know what video I'm referring to? He wasn't on camera. She went behind a wall to show him. He wasn't even aware of any camera until later. It wasn't just that video. I used one video as an example among MANY and you're acting like that's my sole basis for my comments. And you want to talk about assumptions?

None of us are personally involved in ANYONE's lives on this site. Tf you think this place is? EVERYTHING we do here is speculation. Get used to it or find another site to peruse.

And finally, I never even remotely said anything cruel like "well he never loved you anyways so" ... no. In fact I said I hope she learns from this so it doesn't happen again. I simply stated that based on what I saw, I knew this wasn't going to last and it is unfortunate for her that she ignored the red flags that were always there. How old are you even? I've been around this planet for a very long time, human behaviors aren't unique.

So maybe fully READ something, take a breather if it upsets you, and then come back and reply. Lest you make yourself look foolish.

/blunt

Edited by Biscuit

Posted

Oh please9_9

Yeah, you did get riled up and it's clear you typed purely from a place of emotion and being triggered than taking a second to really digest what I wrote and analyse where I might be coming from. It's typically good advice to wait a bit when you're emotionally triggered before responding because otherwise you don't come from a place of logic.

Plus the fact that you say I'm making a big assumption while simultaneously doing the same for me is pretty hypocritical.

Projecting? I don't think you really know what that means. Yeah, I studied several years of psychology. I'm not projecting. I am taking what I know and using that as the lens in which I've witnessed their relationship. Also, do you even know what video I'm referring to? He wasn't on camera. She went behind a wall to show him. He wasn't even aware of any camera until later. It wasn't just that video. I used one video as an example among MANY and you're acting like that's my sole basis for my comments. And you want to talk about assumptions?

None of us are personally involved in ANYONE's lives on this site. Tf you think this place is? EVERYTHING we do here is speculation. Get used to it or find another site to peruse.

And finally, I never even remotely said anything cruel like "well he never loved you anyways so" ... no. In fact I said I hope she learns from this so it doesn't happen again. I simply stated that based on what I saw, I knew this wasn't going to last and it is unfortunate for her that she ignored the red flags that were always there. How old are you even? I've been around this planet for a very long time, human behaviors aren't unique.

So maybe fully READ something, take a breather if it upsets you, and then come back and reply. Otherwise you end up making yourself look like an easily triggerable fool. 

/blunt

I digested what you wrote and I thought it was wrong. Simple as that, honey.

No, not everything we do here is speculation. A small portion? Yes, but when those speculations sound off the rails people will say they wrong. Tf are you talking about?

Mayhap, you should follow your own advice next time because it’s clear I got fully under your skin. I said my peace, I think your opinion was wrong, simple as that, and I am done taking it further as I can tell we’d just go in a circle.

Posted

No, you didn’t get “under my skin”. I was simply annoyed at your own ridiculous assumptions and lack of reading comprehension. You didn’t just state my opinion was wrong. You pulled stuff out of left field. You, by your own admission, responded emotionally. If you truly took a minute to think, you wouldn’t have responded emotionally. That’s a fact whether you want to believe it or not.

And sweetie, I’ve been on this site WAY longer than you and was a mod. I know how this site works. But believe what you want, you clearly already do. So to avoid derailing the thread even further, enjoy your bubble.

Posted

No, you didn’t get “under my skin”. I was simply annoyed at your own ridiculous assumptions and lack of reading comprehension. You didn’t just state my opinion was wrong. You pulled stuff out of left field. You, by your own admission, responded emotionally. If you truly took a minute to think, you wouldn’t have responded emotionally. That’s a fact whether you want to believe it or not.

And sweetie, I’ve been on this site WAY longer than you and was a mod. I know how this site works. But believe what you want, you clearly already do. So to avoid derailing the thread even further, enjoy your bubble.

Well you aren’t a mod now are you? What was your point bringing that up? Was that supposed to make me feel intimidated? Get over yourself.

I admitted it got under my skin more than it should have, but my point still stands. I did get emotional, but the huge difference between me and you, sweetheart, is that I didn’t insult you or you intelligence when disagreeing with you and getting emotional did not take away from my point. So keep thinking I’m in a bubble, I’d rather be in a bubble than resort to insults when someone disagrees with me.