• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Sharla in Japan

5791 posts in this topic

Posted

I watch her a lot and I actually quite like her still. She seems like a genuine, nice person. I haven't read this thread fully, however.

But anyway, that she isn't posting anything lately has bothered me, too. That she's waiting for Chris is not an excuse in my eyes? I know Chris has been feeling exhausted and therefore hasn't posted as much. But she could still vlog other things like she used to? Makes me wonder if she's got so much to do, if she's just feeling uncomfortable in South Korea after all or if there's trouble in paradise? It's a bit fishy. 

Can anyone tell me if she's married now already? I am not quite in the picture. If she's not married yet, maybe she's planning her wedding? But if she's married ... then well, I dunno.

She's married on paper but there hasn't been any official ceremony yet.  I'm really wondering about the marriage as well too.  Before I didn't want to discuss it and thought everyone was reaching but we hardly hear anything about her and keyboard-san anymore and she hasn't been posting much regarding her life on twitter or instagram lately.  I wonder if there was some disagreement about him showing his face on camera. 

Granted, it has only been two weeks or so since her last video but the fact that she's been absent on social media is a bit concerning... 

Posted

Looks like she is back in business. She said she was going to give her Patreon a makeover in February, maybe she has been inactive for almost a month because she took a break and it's preparing that. The benefits of Patreon I guess, you don't produce any work but you still get paid.

Her Patreon has gone from 240 to 168 in a couple of months, she should be careful and work harder if she want to keep her current lifestyle.

Posted

She's going back to Japan soon anyway, I saw this tweet from Chris yesterday and he mentions her there, but she isn't listed anywhere on the event page. Tbh the event's page sounds super shady like everything from Tokyo Creative recently, but oh well, guess there are enough people who will buy tickets... Personally I wouldn't wanna pay 4000 yen to see some Youtubers over three hours even if I lived in Tokyo (the shady part to me is btw that for some reason at the bottom of the page they're offering hotels close to the venue lol

20190131.jpg

201901311.jpg

Posted

Yeah, saw this too and thought the same. She's coming back to Japan so super early again ... Maybe she will adress it, maybe there's a good reason, idk 🤷 But you're right, I wouldn't pay so much, either

Posted

I saw her mentioning this trip to Japan last year in a reply on her twitter. 

Posted

on her most recent video with the Japanese fortune teller, she isn't wearing her wedding ring? wonder if something is happening hmm.......

Posted

on her most recent video with the Japanese fortune teller, she isn't wearing her wedding ring? wonder if something is happening hmm.......

....and that she said something along the lines of that she should probably feel stressed at the moment. I guess we can all read into this as much as she read into the fortune tellers comments!

I can't stand it when people say things like oh I feel like a guy inside because I like to hang out to guys. Wtf does that bs even mean. I rolled my eyes after that and didn't really watch :hmm:.

Posted (edited)

....and that she said something along the lines of that she should probably feel stressed at the moment. I guess we can all read into this as much as she read into the fortune tellers comments!

I can't stand it when people say things like oh I feel like a guy inside because I like to hang out to guys. Wtf does that bs even mean. I rolled my eyes after that and didn't really watch :hmm:.

Also when Sharla asked if she should stay in Korea? like i understand if she's not ready to tell the viewers but theres to many holes to it now

Edited by gumxdrop

Posted

towards the end of the video she has it on tho. 🤔 I wonder if she just took it off for the palm reading 

Posted

towards the end of the video she has it on tho. 🤔 I wonder if she just took it off for the palm reading 

I think she did, if you look at 0:46 you can see her rings on while she’s talking with her hands. 

Posted

She has the rings before and after the fortune teller/palm reading thing, there is nothing to read on that. She said in the comment this:

Life has been a mess recently but I'm getting back on track haha

I guess she took a break to deal with personal life.

Posted

It seems to me that she REALLY wanted the fortune teller to tell her to get out of Korea asap. She kept asking her the same question, as if the fortune teller would change her answer for the sake of her.

Posted

It seems to me that she REALLY wanted the fortune teller to tell her to get out of Korea asap. She kept asking her the same question, as if the fortune teller would change her answer for the sake of her.

I think she wants to be back in Japan. I don't know if she regrets leaving but she seems to feel more comfortable in Japan. 

Posted

For those who don’t know beautician licenses and transfers and costs I can probably help. 

I am a licensed esthetician and I am assuming her husband is a cosmo or a barber. Now after getting licensed in a state and country you can get it transferred to a different location but only if is said state or country will accept your license.

Take a Wisconsin license. You can transfer it to Montana but not to Oregon. It also costs money to transfer your license over boarders and each state’s fee is different. Also the process to transfer takes time but that also varies. http://boards.bsd.dli.mt.gov/cos#18 Here is Montana’s licensing page and will answer anything you might want to know. 

I assume it’s very expensive to transfer countries but it can be doable. If a license can transfer that is. While a license goes through the process of transferring you might not want apply for jobs because they all require your license number upon the application to see if you can preform services legally and that is even before you can get the first interview. If you are in the middle of approval then, sorry but you have apply when it is transferred. 

After and have applied you might get the first of  two interviews. But it might be over the phone if the employer is generous. If not you have pay to go there, interview, then go back and wait. This is expensive and difficult. Now if you pass the first and get a second interview but you have to go there in person. You or the company will bring in a model to do a technical interview and it can be anything from a certain a hairstyle/dye, waxing, facial, or nails. Then they can either offer you the job right there or tell you when you are already home. Then you can move. 

This from state to state can take up to two months. Probably longer from country to country. 

What I am getting at is that you can’t wake up one day move to a completely different state or country and move. It’s a long process and it can be expensive. So it either her husband’s idea or she begged him to transfer. This wasn’t by any means spontaneous. 

Btw this for those who are curious about licenses and transfers. Not an attack on her or anyone.

Posted

Honestly, I hope she and Keyboard San are fine. She's still wearing her wedding/engagement rings so I'm assuming based on that that they're fine, I mean, if they were separated and getting a divorce then she would probably have removed them. I'm not entirely sure when the palm reading video was filmed, though. I imagine it's hard for her to adjust to living in Korea, since she's learning the language too.

I think she probably holds Japan very close to her heart and maybe that's a part of the reason she's travelling so much. I think the "Should I stay in Korea?" question in the palm reading video could be vaguely referring to her and Keyboard San having kids, since she said in a Q&A way back that she wanted kids in the next few years, and I think she's mentioned wanting to raise her kids in Canada? 

I think if something has happened between them that she would talk about it sooner rather than later. And as for him deleting his Instagram, he was never really into social media anyway from what Sharla's said. 

I thought it was really weird that she has been in Japan so much since moving to Korea because it felt like she was defeating the purpose of moving and along with making such a big deal out of how difficult it is it learn a brand new language after moving to a new country (not that she is wrong or anything, but kind of like how do you complain about struggling to learn Korean if you're running back and forth to Japan anyway?) 

I haven't posted on here in a while, but started to enjoy Sharla's content again and wanted to stop by.