• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

youtube Sharla in Japan

5697 posts in this topic

Posted

I just wish she would make nice video's about the culture and history similar to her Japanese video's. Why can she make good video's in Japan, but not in Korea? Like the place doesn't matter, just do your frigging research and make a fun and educational video. It wouldn't even be a new concept for her since she has done many for her Japan channel.

Posted

Sharla is one of those YouTubers I just can't stand,... no idea why. Maybe it's her weird Pokemon obsession? 

(Pokemon was a big part of my childhood too so I get it, I just think she's gone a little overboard with it and she's like....32)

but for whatever reason, she got more annoying since moving to Korea. I feel she tries too hard and her channel every foreigner living in Korea....ever. 

I don't follow her much so it's my first time reading about possible (speculated) husband problems which would suck, but I always felt it was strange she rarely mentions him and he's never been seen. I totally understand privacy but her life is sooooo public, it just felt odd. 

I dodont mind people liking Pokemon especially go after 30. It's more of people being obnoxious about it. Like having all her pokemon plushies sent to canada or throwing pokeballs at the pokemon center. 

im turning 30 and still enjoy cartoons but i know the difference between being an adult and ebjoying hobbies. Sharla acts 14 all the time. 

Posted

I never thought too much about Sharla’s reputation here for bad gifting but.... a nail salon gift certificate for Greg’s birthday? Really? 

Trueeee, and I though that Greg looked a little bit uncomfortable in the video (?)

I never thought too much about Sharla’s reputation here for bad gifting but.... a nail salon gift certificate for Greg’s birthday? Really? 

Trueeee, and I though that Greg looked a little bit uncomfortable in the video (?)

Posted

I dodont mind people liking Pokemon especially go after 30. It's more of people being obnoxious about it. Like having all her pokemon plushies sent to canada or throwing pokeballs at the pokemon center. 

im turning 30 and still enjoy cartoons but i know the difference between being an adult and ebjoying hobbies. Sharla acts 14 all the time. 

yes very good point. I think that's what it is, the obnoxious factor and constantly acting half her age. we're over it, move on.

Posted

Meh, we shouldn't age-shame (or even make 30 sound old?) based on interests and likes. What makes you happy makes you happy and you shouldn't deny yourself those things because it might not be "age appropriate". We don't shame baby boomer, or older, women who collect dolls — interests change with trends and time.

yes if you saw a latter post of mine, I corrected myself! I think it’s less of her age but the way she goes about it and acts like a 13 year old. It just gives me weird vibes 

Posted

Though to be fair it has been months since we saw Sharla acting like a teen or obsessing over a fandom, right? Granted I haven't seen her last video yet.

Posted

Sharla hasn't been posting as much as she used to. I wonder why? I know she's been posting all of her Journey Across Japan vids but she says she's waiting on Chris to post his first... But isn't she making other videos? What is she doing? She's still a full time youtuber right?

Posted

Sharla hasn't been posting as much as she used to. I wonder why? I know she's been posting all of her Journey Across Japan vids but she says she's waiting on Chris to post his first... But isn't she making other videos? What is she doing? She's still a full time youtuber right?

I've been wondering. She's living in Korea now, so surely she'd have lots of content about what it's like, right? But we see hardly anything...

Posted (edited)

holy shit.

she was hacked?

edit :: or is it just the same handle name thingy??

Edited by ilovebruises

Posted

Guys, she wasn't hacked, she didn't save her user name back when she changed to the Korean one. This guy grabbed his chance and claimed the user name. Was her own fault for not saving it, so 🤷

Posted

holy shit.

she was hacked?

edit :: or is it just the same handle name thingy??

Guys, she wasn't hacked, she didn't save her user name back when she changed to the Korean one. This guy grabbed his chance and claimed the user name. Was her own fault for not saving it, so 🤷

Yup he claimed her username so when you go back to page one in this thread and click on the instagram link you will end up on him.
So now her old username and link is his.

Posted

I watch her a lot and I actually quite like her still. She seems like a genuine, nice person. I haven't read this thread fully, however.

But anyway, that she isn't posting anything lately has bothered me, too. That she's waiting for Chris is not an excuse in my eyes? I know Chris has been feeling exhausted and therefore hasn't posted as much. But she could still vlog other things like she used to? Makes me wonder if she's got so much to do, if she's just feeling uncomfortable in South Korea after all or if there's trouble in paradise? It's a bit fishy. 

Can anyone tell me if she's married now already? I am not quite in the picture. If she's not married yet, maybe she's planning her wedding? But if she's married ... then well, I dunno.