• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Sharla in Japan

5954 posts in this topic

Posted

new vlog!

i can already imagine the 'mmmm so good!' in this video

Posted

waits 10 years to fit in everything she’s wanted to do in japan in 2 weeks. 

332FF78C-26DB-4B79-96CB-4DB828EEDC15.jpeg

Posted

waits 10 years to fit in everything she’s wanted to do in japan in 2 weeks. 

332FF78C-26DB-4B79-96CB-4DB828EEDC15.jpeg

I know right? I could understand the first few years not being able to with finances but come on. 

Posted

new vlog!

i can already imagine the 'mmmm so good!' in this video

This was such a pain to watch I couldn't even finish it. Wasn't she suppose to lose weight? And now she goes to "all-you-can-eat candy heaven"?? What is this.

Posted

Are those candies vegan? 

Posted

Are those candies vegan? 

i think so? she has this one where it's dairy free yogurt or something

also it seems like she has more chemistry with Norm rather than her husband which is kinda awkward

Posted (edited)

Language and learning a new language differs from people to people. It's not as simple to just go and learn a new language and all it's mysteries, even if she had lived for 30 years in Japan there still might be kanjis she didn't know how to read. I've met actual Japanese people (not foreigners but actual Japanese) who can't read kanjis or struggle when reading kanjis. If she could only read hira or kata then I would be worried.

I understand that but it just personally bothers me how she'll see a kanji she doesn't know and be like, "I can't read that. I'll just skip " I mean, that just seems lazy to me. For me personally, I see words in my native language all of the time that I do not know or I know the word but not the exact meaning so I look it up instead of pretending like it doesn't exist or I don't know the word. Like, isn't that how you learn? Looking up words you don't know? Lol. 

Edited by Pearl

Posted

This was such a pain to watch I couldn't even finish it. Wasn't she suppose to lose weight? And now she goes to "all-you-can-eat candy heaven"?? What is this.

I refuse[d] to watch it LOL. [youtube thought i should watch it. i think otherwise >.> ]

Well, if she doesn't eat anything else the whole day, she could eat those candies... or maybe it was her 'cheat day'? :doge: [i SO wanted to use this smilie. i'm not sure it fits though, because i don't know what it means, sorry about that]

Posted

Here's an interesting video from Asian Boss about how Korean girls see their weight and dieting. It'll be interesting to see how Sharla fits into Korea with their body and make-up culture.

Posted

Here's an interesting video from Asian Boss about how Korean girls see their weight and dieting. It'll be interesting to see how Sharla fits into Korea with their body and make-up culture.

Japanese girls have the same standards in terms of weight: she survived in Japan, she'll be able to do that in Korean as well. But, you know, she barely leaves home so I think that she'll be fine

Posted

I don't think it is so bad to not have gone everywhere, I mean when you are living in a place it might not cross your mind to do more "touristy" things. I knew people who lived near Washington DC, and they had not gone to some of the museums.

Posted

Sharla's in Norm's newest video today.  He gives a lot of their history together.  It feels so weird that there is so much more chemistry shown between the two of them than she shows with her husband.

Posted

I actually think the places she went in this video were pretty neat. If I were in Ebisu I would definitely check out the view from that building. Honestly, I expected worse.